You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: What GNR songs are still in your rotation?

deadsouth wrote:

The antiquiet leaks hasn't left my mp3 player since 6-18-08 and "chicken dinner" chorus has been my wake up song on an old flip phone i've used as an alarm clock for a decade... That's about it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I still like to sprinkle in quite a bit off the Illusions – Use Your Illusion I in particular is a car mainstay – plus a few tracks off 'The Spaghetti Incident?' like "Down on the Farm," "Human Being," or "I Don't Care About You." Depends on the mood. Once in a while I'll get the weird urge to play "If the World" or "Sympathy for the Devil." My taste in music is very eclectic and I listen to a lot of disparate styles. My all-time favorite artist is David Bowie. I like to establish a tone with what I'm listening to. Tonally, sometimes GN'R fits better than others.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I listened to 3/4 of CD instrumental today during a long run and long cooldown walk and it made me appreciate its brilliance.

With vocals it becomes overwhelmingly dense and the mix becomes pretty obnoxious but instrumentally it's all quite good.

Tommys bass work is underrated.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I still really like Catcher in the Rye (more so the demo version). Also, I've really grown an affinity for DTJ over the years. I really enjoy any and all acoustic tracks by them. YATF is a fav for me as well.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Same dude.

I've always loved Double Talkin Jive.

I love the kind of bridge interlude on the Catcher demo that is synth heavy.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Double Talkin`Jive is lacklustre. It`s a boring, filler track. Typical Izzy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

plus a few tracks off 'The Spaghetti Incident?' like "Down on the Farm," "Human Being," or "I Don't Care About You." Depends on the mood. Once in a while I'll get the weird urge to play "If the World" or "Sympathy for the Devil."

Once in a blue moon I'll hear a random TSI track. I was listening to SG's covers last week and when IDCAY came on, I instantly wanted to compare it to GNR's version. That led to Buick makane, Human being, and Black Leather. I listened to SIDHY for shits and giggles LOUD and actualy laughed thinking anyone at the label thought it was a good idea to release it as a single in THAT musical climate.

few weeks ago I heard Duff's Could It Be You on youtube and almost cried. Not because the song is that sad but for a moment it took me back to late 93-early 94 when I listened to it a lot.

GNR are not in my regular rotation...at all. I used to not even have the old albums on my pc. Went years without having anything but CD. I put their whole discography on my laptop last year(or 2015) so that was a good step I suppose. I suffered major burnout on old GNR in the late 90s and major burnout on CD in the mid 00s.

I still love the band obviously but I don't relate to their music/lyrics at this age like I did in my youth.

johndivney wrote:

Who has time to listen to anything anymore? There's not enough hours in the day.

I'll tell you what I miss. I miss having a big spliff or a couple of drinks & listening to an album. Haven't done that in what feels like years.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It really is odd how music has evolved in our society. Music has morphed into basically background noise....elevator music. Nobody sits around listening to actual albums anymore...not even in their car. A lot of people listen to podcasts and shit like that. If they stream any music, its some Sirius channel playing random songs.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Double Talkin`Jive is lacklustre. It`s a boring, filler track. Typical Izzy.

I like izzys touch. It's like a down to earth GNR song. Hard to explain- his songs have an acquired taste.

I actually bought the  ju ju hounds record once upon a time. Like around 2004. Pretty sure that got me on some sort of American psycho FBI watch list.

Board footer