You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR issue statement about Robin

Neemo wrote:

ahaha Ron is awesome! 22 that made me laugh anyway its good to see Ron is still in the band 9

bazgnr wrote:

No kidding...this is a bit like a homecoming, isn't it?  Nice to see everyone again!

hey bazgnr welcome to GNRevolution 22

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

He clearly means Mysteron's gay..... 16

I take it to mean similar to what the official statement said, ignore the first paragraph it's just babble about why he didn't reply to anyone. 

As previously stated, we're focused on bizz now, *IF* a conflict arises down the road, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

This is the main bit, taking it at face value GNR's still focused on getting the album out and will continue to do so as though nothing's changed. Should a time come when they need Robin for touring or promo and he's still with NIN then GNR have a problem that needs dealing with, until then, they don't.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

He clearly means Mysteron's gay..... 16

Are you suggesting Ron just answered the one thing we've been debating for the last page?

"Who's Mysteron?"
"He's gay."

Not really what I was thinking but his comments are supergay, no denying.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I suppose it all depends on how you read it, but the news sites that are running with the official statement really seem to put their own slant on it.  I think this one, for example, makes it sounds like Robin is no longer in the band...

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20193925,00.html

Guns N' Roses stated on its website that the band is ''in negotiations for the release of Chinese Democracy and things are going well.'' The statement about the ridiculously long-awaited album was included as part of a post about the band's new management. No other information was included about the record, which was most recently scheduled for release in March 2007. The band also revealed that guitarist Robin Finck has left GN'R to return to Nine Inch Nails for a tour this summer, and in a separate post shot down Internet rumors that the band was participating in a new reality show. ''The reality TV rumors started a little while ago and have taken on an Internet life of their own, but there is no truth to any of this,'' the post reads.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

russtcb wrote:

there are no plans in Guns to rewrite or re-record Robin's parts for the album.
[/i][/b]

So he IS gone ?:bs:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

new email posted from Del at htgth. This is the part that deals with Robin. The other half deals w/ the Slash/Axl at an NYC hotel. That half is posted in that thread. Here's the first part:

Hey, there's all kinds of silliness and speculation floating around on the internet but as far as I know whatever Robin's plans are there are no plans in Guns to rewrite or re-record Robin's parts for the album.
They seem fine whereas before, and this was no fault of Robin's, there were tuning issues that needed to be addressed....

Take care,
Del

maybe they recorded at standard tuning and axl sings a half step down

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

new email posted from Del at htgth. This is the part that deals with Robin. The other half deals w/ the Slash/Axl at an NYC hotel. That half is posted in that thread. Here's the first part:

Hey, there's all kinds of silliness and speculation floating around on the internet but as far as I know whatever Robin's plans are there are no plans in Guns to rewrite or re-record Robin's parts for the album.
They seem fine whereas before, and this was no fault of Robin's, there were tuning issues that needed to be addressed....

Take care,
Del

maybe they recorded at standard tuning and axl sings a half step down

This is the most interesting comment to ever come out of Del's mouth.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

With all the money sunk into this album and masses of rented gear etc etc (according to the Zutaut interview), surely they could have afforded a guitar tech to tune the guys bloody guitar before he starts playing?

Plus what was everyone else in the studio doing - were they deaf?  Im a total hack on my guitar but even I can tell if it's out of damn tune.

WTF does "tuning issues" mean?

Board footer