You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Where do Guns N' Roses Go from here?

Furbush wrote:
vipicius wrote:

When I think a new album is ''out of the question'', I feel short of breath.
Will Guns N' Roses kill me?

I misread this, and came up with the coolest idea in the process.
The Not In This Lifetime tour?
How about the new record being called "Out Of The Question"?

Appetite For Destruction
Use Your Illusion
Out Of The Question.
Perfect.
lol

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I'm still for "Mickey's Money Grab Tour", or maybe "Mickey, his Friends and Business Partners Covering Themselves" (maybe too long name though)

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
vipicius wrote:

i can totally relate to this. guns n roses is simultaneously my favorite band and least favorite band of all time. i love them, and i hate them.

their last show in detroit was one of the best concerns i've ever been to in my life. they fuckin' killed it!

but then i think about new music... and all the bullshit axl put us through in the dark years... and i'm overwhelmed with frustration.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:
vipicius wrote:

i can totally relate to this. guns n roses is simultaneously my favorite band and least favorite band of all time. i love them, and i hate them.

their last show in detroit was one of the best concerns i've ever been to in my life. they fuckin' killed it!

Agreed in a way. Although I wouldn't say I "hate" them. AFD is still terrific, near perfect, and UYI is a whale of an album, just a little bit excess. Lies is great too.

I will say this tho, if Guns doesn't release an album next year or 2019, it's over. Done. I'll still appreciate 87-93, but 94- was a waste aside from a 2002 VMA blip on the radar & hope that followed. CD's ok, but I wouldn't validate 25 years over it.

I do agree the reunion "tour" has been great. I was at Philly 2016 & same, great show!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I love them but the frustration is enough to drive a guy into depression sometimes.

I tried Axl's approach of trying to just stop expecting or wanting anything.

But it's hard - humans are creative - we can see the potential - we recognise the talent these people have.

It's only natural to want more to come of it.

We've had so much politics and drama over the years that it's easy to forget the simple truth - they're great musicians.

I'd like to think that they have something else left to say musically before they die. The albums they've made so far are amazing.

But when I get depressed is when I look at the time frames - like never even mind what happened in the past - lets look forward - realistically their skills will wane as they get older - Slash will start to play worse, Axl's voice will falter more etc. If they want to do something recording wise - I think the time to get started on it is really now - not in another few years.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Bring Dj ASHBA back into the band? https://www.instagram.com/p/BcK38DWjkwk/

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Will be an epic trolling from Axl if true 14

Stay of Execution starts now 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Whats it say? I dont have instagram

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Whats it say? I dont have instagram

You don't need to.

Just click and it will open on your browser, no registration required.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Gong wrote:

Bring Dj ASHBA back into the band? https://www.instagram.com/p/BcK38DWjkwk/

Oh, fuck off Ashba.

On the other hand, his social media savvy is very clearly illustrated here. Post an Instagram snap of himself alongside Axl and Duff just as the NITL tour wraps, thereby implicitly associating himself with the current band's tour, etc etc. He's even picked a shot where you can't see Axl's moustache so it looks more current!

Board footer