You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Re: Where do Guns N' Roses Go from here?

Walker wrote:

I think returning to Europe in 2018 with Dj instead of Slash would be the single greatest stunt Axl has ever done. It would be so ballsy, and the reactions would be hilarious.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:

I think they will go on another tour. This time called: "New Music - Not in Your Lifetime Either"

Edit: I noticed that I haven't posted anything in 84 weeks. Just been a lurking MF. Sorry! smile

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Niterain wrote:

I think they will go on another tour. This time called: "New Music - Not in Your Lifetime Either"

that sounds spot on! big_smile

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Walker wrote:

I think returning to Europe in 2018 with Dj instead of Slash would be the single greatest stunt Axl has ever done. It would be so ballsy, and the reactions would be hilarious.

Slightly off topic...I saw Steel Panther last week, and they kept fucking up the intro to SCOM. Too fast, too slow, off key...the lead singer says "C'mon, you sound like DJ Ashba."

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Walker wrote:

Slightly off topic...I saw Steel Panther last week, and they kept fucking up the intro to SCOM. Too fast, too slow, off key...the lead singer says "C'mon, you sound like DJ Ashba."

LOL big_smile

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

pretty funny.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

More touring.

GN'R may play 3+ hour shows and a wide variety of material (A+ for that effort), but at the heart of it this reunion is a "cash grab". If there was any interest in making new music or moving forward as a band they would've taken the time to write and record in a studio beforehand.

I feel the whole premise of not talking to the press is just another way to make it roll by faster. It's not that I don't think they're having a blast or aren't enjoying each other's company again - because I do - but rather if the agenda was to make a real go of this and basically reignite where they left off then things would've been handled differently.

I also believe if that was the plan they would have made an actual effort of getting Izzy back into the fold, rather than being greedy assholes and refusing to share the money equally between all parties. Without him there's not much point in writing new music because they've never been able to do so as a unit without his presence. You could make a similar case for Matt/Steven, albeit much less important.

2018 will be spent on the road and then... who knows? Maybe they'll continue to tour in 2019 but it wouldn't shock me if next year is the final nail in the coffin for Guns N' Roses as an active group.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

2018 will be spent on the road and then... who knows? Maybe they'll continue to tour in 2019 but it wouldn't shock me if next year is the final nail in the coffin for Guns N' Roses as an active group.

Sad. I had such high hopes a year ago. Inevitably, I think what you said is true, this is just gonna end.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

If there was any interest in making new music or moving forward as a band they would've taken the time to write and record in a studio beforehand.

Maybe.

But then I think Axl might want to release his CD2 material before writing any new stuff as a band.

That was clearly his position when DJ joined. DJ was handing over songs left and right and bumble was publicly saying writing together as the current band would be grand - but he also said he was aware the situation was the other leftovers would have to come out - before - the (then) current line up would hit the studio.

I'm not sure if that would have changed. I don't think Axl would want to just trash all that work from the past.

I could see him adding Slash into those songs like how he added Ron and Frank in 2007 or whenever.

But that would be a reason to seperate the next album from the reunion tour - as even with Slash on it - it's not a reunion album written from scratch - it's more like random other Axl songs with Slash added.

Another possibility is they decided to take the "baby steps" approach and see how the tour goes first. After all disputes about the music and general dispute over control of the band and it's activities was one of the key problems that caused the old band break up. Why go straight back to that - it would make sense to see if things are better first.

For Slash he could see if Axl is really a changed man and curbed his behaviour. For Axl he could see if Slash is really Slash and not some deamon. You could see the tour had kinda a soft start of a few shows booked to see how it goes. Then when they went well they booked a shit ton.

Factor that into the truth we all know that the money is in touring more than records, and that right or wrong Axl clearly suffered releasing the last album,  and I can see why it might have been easier to start with a tour and worry about new content later on.

I think the decision to do just that was what made pittman crack the shits and bail as he'd already waited 15 years or whatever.

As fans its disappointing as most everyone else reunited with at least a single or something, but I'm hopeful that it doesn't mean they'll never bring out anything else - just that they decided it would be easier next cycle.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

More touring.

GN'R may play 3+ hour shows and a wide variety of material (A+ for that effort), but at the heart of it this reunion is a "cash grab". If there was any interest in making new music or moving forward as a band they would've taken the time to write and record in a studio beforehand.

I feel the whole premise of not talking to the press is just another way to make it roll by faster. It's not that I don't think they're having a blast or aren't enjoying each other's company again - because I do - but rather if the agenda was to make a real go of this and basically reignite where they left off then things would've been handled differently.

I also believe if that was the plan they would have made an actual effort of getting Izzy back into the fold, rather than being greedy assholes and refusing to share the money equally between all parties. Without him there's not much point in writing new music because they've never been able to do so as a unit without his presence. You could make a similar case for Matt/Steven, albeit much less important.

14 they don`t release albums because Axl does n`t want to, not because Izzy is n`t there.

It baffles me why some of you ascribe to Izzy supernatural powers when he`s nothing but a mediocre rhythm guitarist.

You really think NTLF tour would have been any different had Izzy been involved ? get a reality check 14

Board footer