You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I agree "Immigrants" shouldn't receive "welfare". I'm shocked how that happens, that plus getting drivers licenses, just a bizarre counter-culture out there.

Would actually make for a good investigative report, to see how its done. Probably could link up with some pretty knowledgeable yet everyday immigrants, hide their faces, and have them walk thru the steps or walk a newbie thru it.

It’s not an accident. Democrats get immigrant votes around 90%. One party is saying “here’s free shit, we’ll make the people who built and died for this country pay” and the other is saying “what the mother fuck. This is insane.”

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s not an accident. Democrats get immigrant votes around 90%. One party is saying “here’s free shit, we’ll make the people who built and died for this country pay” and the other is saying “what the mother fuck. This is insane.”

Although, I seem to recall someone posting saying it's an extremely rare occurance as well too. I don't think illegals just sneak in, file for welfare & get it.

LOL, just googled it. Not entirely true.

Myth #3: They drain the system

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

Related: Part-time jobs put millions in poverty or close to it.

Non-citizen immigrant adults and children are about 25% less likely to be signed up for Medicaid than their poor native-born equivalents and are also 37% less likely to receive food stamps, according to a 2013 study by the Cato Institute.

Citizen children of illegal immigrants -- often derogatorily referred to as "anchor babies" -- do qualify for social benefits. Also, undocumented immigrants are eligible for schooling and emergency medical care. Currently, the average unlawful immigrant household costs taxpayers $14,387 per household, according to a recent report by The Heritage Foundation. But in its 2013 "Immigration Myths and Facts" report, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce says most economists see providing these benefits as an investment for the future, when these children become workers and taxpayers.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Although, I seem to recall someone posting saying it's an extremely rare occurance as well too. I don't think illegals just sneak in, file for welfare & get it.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

Non-citizen immigrant adults and children are about 25% less likely to be signed up for Medicaid than their poor native-born equivalents and are also 37% less likely to receive food stamps, according to a 2013 study by the Cato Institute.

Citizen children of illegal immigrants -- often derogatorily referred to as "anchor babies" -- do qualify for social benefits. Also, undocumented immigrants are eligible for schooling and emergency medical care. Currently, the average unlawful immigrant household costs taxpayers $14,387 per household, according to a recent report by The Heritage Foundation. But in its 2013 "Immigration Myths and Facts" report, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce says most economists see providing these benefits as an investment for the future, when these children become workers and taxpayers.

#istillhatebrownpeople

Randall Flagg

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac … g-welfare/

58.2% of immigrants are on welfare according to the Washington Post.

You cited illegal immigrants. I’m talking specifically about legal immigrants. We bring in poor, uneducated people from the 3rd world because of the 65 immigration act.

51% according to these guys if you count illegals too:

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immi … Households

No matter which way you cut it, over half the immigrant population is on welfare. More than the native population. This isn’t how a country should handle immigration.

Randall Flagg

http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/04/media/a … Stories%29

If only certain people felt the same embarrassment ABC feels after months of spreading lies and propaganda.

I'm just waiting for the apology for all those who called me a liar and a stooge the past 12 months.  It feels good to finally be vindicated in all of this.  Maybe we'll all be more careful moving forward.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

If only certain people felt the same embarrassment ABC feels after months of spreading lies and propaganda.

I'm just waiting for the apology for all those who called me a liar and a stooge the past 12 months.  It feels good to finally be vindicated in all of this.  Maybe we'll all be more careful moving forward.

I'm not following how one error by one reporter eradicates the past 12 months and vindicates anyone of anything. It's not a conclusion or beginning or anything, just one more part of the story.

His error doesn't erase the fact that Flynn has been charged with a minor crime and is likely working wit Mueller in some way to achieve some ends that are unknown.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Vindicated for what?

We have one reporter, who put out erroneous info and a company who reprimanded him for it an apologized. That's pretty much it.

In the meantime we have two indictments, two guilty pleas and Kushner is probably next to be scooped up by Mueller.

Don't conflate, don't lie, and quit acting like a martyr. You've been wrong about nearly everything thus far.

Randall Flagg

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not following how one error by one reporter eradicates the past 12 months and vindicates anyone of anything. It's not a conclusion or beginning or anything, just one more part of the story.

His error doesn't erase the fact that Flynn has been charged with a minor crime and is likely working wit Mueller in some way to achieve some ends that are unknown.

The National review article I linked earlier does a good job of explaining why your thoughts are folly.

Don’t forget, Comey told Congress Trump was never under investigation. And nothing from Mueller has had anything to do with the election.

It’s over. Now the only question is how much did Clinton’s Steele Dossier factor into any of this. I’d be much more worried of the fall out from the FBI being partisan than I would anyone on Trump’s team being indicted for anything related to the election.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Has anybody else noticed that both the WH and his lawyers are now saying that Trump can't obstruct justice, because he's POTUS? And that collusion is not a crime? Fox News is (state TV) is running with the same thing. They're expecting this in the pipeline. Soon everybody else will be saying it too.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

[

The National review article I linked earlier does a good job of explaining why your thoughts are folly.

Don’t forget, Comey told Congress Trump was never under investigation. And nothing from Mueller has had anything to do with the election.

It’s over. Now the only question is how much did Clinton’s Steele Dossier factor into any of this. I’d be much more worried of the fall out from the FBI being partisan than I would anyone on Trump’s team being indicted for anything related to the election.

This is completely detached from reality of course.

Seriously.

But I see what you're doing here. You also see what's in the pipeline. So you're trying to create a schism here. Unwilling to admit you're wrong, you want to slice this up in to particulars so you can't ever be wrong.

So when the Trump admin does go down the toilet, you'll say "Ah ha, but it wasn't for this! As I've said all along" (and ask for an apology.)

You're a pretty dishonest guy.

Board footer