You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

I don't know why dems are so happy and think this was a brilliant strategic move. It seems hollow and condescending. On top of the fact you can't count on that seat staying democrat, especially with a pissed off constituency. Why not let him go through the ethics investigation? The accusations that were apparently what tipped the scale was one woman saying he touched her waist and squeezed during a picture... What the fuck does that even mean? The other he went for a kiss that she dodged... Okay, but Franken yelling it was his right as a star... Sorry, despite the "new rule" that I am obligated to believe every claim by a woman no matter what, I don't believe that shit. It smells like someone who wants to be part of a movement... See how easy it is to throw out an allegation.

And Republicans don't care. This means dick. You gave up the most important voices in your party for NOTHING. Have fun with having the moral high ground democrats!!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Donald Trump Jr refused to answer questions about what he told his Dad after the infamous Russia meeting, citing Attorney/Client Privelege.

Even though neither Jr or father are attorneys, lol.  Ludicrous. Such "transparency" with this regime.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-jr … d=51635880

I saw this. Stupid Jr. This should be one more red flag for Mueller.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

I laughed...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't know why dems are so happy and think this was a brilliant strategic move. It seems hollow and condescending. On top of the fact you can't count on that seat staying democrat, especially with a pissed off constituency. Why not let him go through the ethics investigation? The accusations that were apparently what tipped the scale was one woman saying he touched her waist and squeezed during a picture... What the fuck does that even mean? The other he went for a kiss that she dodged... Okay, but Franken yelling it was his right as a star... Sorry, despite the "new rule" that I am obligated to believe every claim by a woman no matter what, I don't believe that shit. It smells like someone who wants to be part of a movement... See how easy it is to throw out an allegation.

And Republicans don't care. This means dick. You gave up the most important voices in your party for NOTHING. Have fun with having the moral high ground democrats!!

People are about to be so sick and tired from women and their “oh, he tried to kiss me 12 years ago” bullshit. They are overplaying their hand and will soon end up with nothing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

People will be desensitized, yes.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Mind you...the Dems are experiencing record lows in fund raising lately.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Today was a gut punch.... Dems don't even bring a knife to a gunfight, they bring a Hallmark card expressing their feelings. On twitter, it's either disenchanted anger or some bullshit about being okay with losing as long as you do the right thing #MeToo

Well, back here in reality, healthcare is being attacked, the environment is being destroyed, climate change research is being undermined, the tax code is being savaged for wealth supremacists, there's a reckless, vapid idiot in office who seems to be okay with nuclear war... But yeah, you keep that moral high ground. Republicans circle the wagons, while Democrats fight to see who gets to shoot themselves in the foot.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Today was a gut punch.... Dems don't even bring a knife to a gunfight, they bring a Hallmark card expressing their feelings. On twitter, it's either disenchanted anger or some bullshit about being okay with losing as long as you do the right thing #MeToo

Well, back here in reality, healthcare is being attacked, the environment is being destroyed, climate change research is being undermined, the tax code is being savaged for wealth supremacists, there's a reckless, vapid idiot in office who seems to be okay with nuclear war... But yeah, you keep that moral high ground. Republicans circle the wagons, while Democrats fight to see who gets to shoot themselves in the foot.

It really is befuddling isn’t it? I really didn’t see until now just the how much the left (a side i ascribe to) is just completely lost.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

It's hard to keep up with the news on this, it really is.

Minutes after President Trump was sworn in, his former national security adviser Michael Flynn told a former business partner that Russian sanctions would be 'ripped up', according to a whistleblower's account. The panel discusses.

NYT article on this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/us/p … lower.html

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump Jr. confirmed this, so it is not "fake news," but that doesn't mean it's big news—yet.

Here's a good tweet thread about why this is either big news or no news at all, from a candidate for attorney general here in Illinois.

Board footer