You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Collusion in itself isn’t even a criminal crime just bad policy. The rules get blurry here.

Yeah, but it's premature to just now say "Welp, there's no big deal here. Let's end it".

How many more months do they need or should we just leave it open ended until he leaves the White House?  This is how Russia wins, by having us spend 10’s if millions on an investigation to delegitimize our current president and dividing a nation even more. For the good of the country let’s try to stop further hacks and stop wasting time and money on this bush league shit.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Collusion in itself isn’t even a criminal crime just bad policy. The rules get blurry here.

Yeah, but it's premature to just now say "Welp, there's no big deal here. Let's end it".

How many more months do they need or should we just leave it open ended until he leaves the White House?  This is how Russia wins, by having us spend 10’s if millions on an investigation to delegitimize our current president and dividing a nation even more. For the good of the country let’s try to stop further hacks and stop wasting time and money on this bush league shit.

Have you forgotten Benghazi and Clinton's email probe cost $30M or more and went on for about two years? This investigation is so far less than $5M and 1 year in.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Have you forgotten Benghazi and Clinton's email probe cost $30M or more and went on for about two years? This investigation is so far less than $5M and 1 year in.

How many people were killed in the US due to these meetings Carter Page, Flynn, DTJ had with all these Russian Agents?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How many people were killed in the US due to these meetings Carter Page, Flynn, DTJ had with all these Russian Agents?

Who knows? Polonium poisoning is hard to detect. However, there have been quite a few mysterious deaths in Russia of dudes who were in this loop.

There were no charges in Benghazi. We've already had several charges in this investigation.

And yeah, if — IF — Team Trump worked with the Russians to win the election, I say that warrants an investigation AT LEAST on par with Benghazi.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Cmon man are you serious? Trumps wasted more than that in Mar-a-lago

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Cmon man are you serious? Trumps wasted more than that in Mar-a-lago

I laughed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

But all of those guys are vital to THAT meeting. I mean.... Maybe this is just frustration on my part, but holy jumping Jesus, this is ridiculous. Everyone really wants something so badly on Trump and will take anything they can. Trump is an idiot who likes having his ego polished... There needs to be something else.

This.

I think we all know there is no real collusion, maybe Oppo research nothing else. The new go to is “obstruction”. T

I mean, are you not putting the pieces together??

The FBI was wiretapping Carter Page (and have interviewed him). Papadopolous has flipped. So who knows what evidence the FBI has on this whole thing. The possibilities are limitless but possibly it's recorded phone calls of the Trump team asking Russian contacts about what intel & emails they have of HRC & Dems, and offering an exchange of value to receive them or have them leaked.

If so, that's very serious. "Obstruction" is only if Trump fires Mueller to end the investigation. "Obstruction" would be a minor infraction compared to the former, which has the potential for treason, among lesser charges such as blatant campaign violations.

The issue I have is this, the FBI was watching Page before he was involved with the Trump campaign, as was Manafort. The idea is that Russia infiltrated his campaign. He eventually fired Manafort because he liked Bannon's nationalistic message more. They can prove Russia infiltrated the campaign, can they prove Trump colluded with them? So far, Junior is the idiot who got hooked. Trump was very happy Russia was helping him, that is a fact. Did they orchestrate anything together, though.... It looks like Junior tried but was a spectacular moron who ended up not being able to get any dirt that he was actively looking for.

The question is, did Trump know Russia was helping him in exchange for anything in return. They're now saying collusion is fuzzy and we don't know what it means...... Give me a break. We do know and it has to be proven.

If I'm running for president and a foreign country is actively helping my campaign on their own, but I don't tell them to stop, am I guilty of collusion? If someone on my campaign is trying to work with them, but isn't getting info, does that make me guilty? I'm talking about what can be proved.

The most they have now is that Trump was trying to help Junior by releasing that statement it was about adoptions. That's just... I really wish they had more. You can't impeach anything with that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This.

I think we all know there is no real collusion, maybe Oppo research nothing else. The new go to is “obstruction”. T

The FBI was wiretapping Carter Page (and have interviewed him). Papadopolous has flipped. So who knows what evidence the FBI has on this whole thing. The possibilities are limitless but possibly it's recorded phone calls of the Trump team asking Russian contacts about what intel & emails they have of HRC & Dems, and offering an exchange of value to receive them or have them leaked.

If so, that's very serious. "Obstruction" is only if Trump fires Mueller to end the investigation. "Obstruction" would be a minor infraction compared to the former, which has the potential for treason, among lesser charges such as blatant campaign violations.

The issue I have is this, the FBI was watching Page before he was involved with the Trump campaign, as was Manafort. The idea is that Russia infiltrated his campaign. He eventually fired Manafort because he liked Bannon's nationalistic message more. They can prove Russia infiltrated the campaign, can they prove Trump colluded with them? So far, Junior is the idiot who got hooked. Trump was very happy Russia was helping him, that is a fact. Did they orchestrate anything together, though.... It looks like Junior tried but was a spectacular moron who ended up not being able to get any dirt that he was actively looking for.

The question is, did Trump know Russia was helping him in exchange for anything in return. They're now saying collusion is fuzzy and we don't know what it means...... Give me a break. We do know and it has to be proven.

If I'm running for president and a foreign country is actively helping my campaign on their own, but I don't tell them to stop, am I guilty of collusion? If someone on my campaign is trying to work with them, but isn't getting info, does that make me guilty? I'm talking about what can be proved.

The most they have now is that Trump was trying to help Junior by releasing that statement it was about adoptions. That's just... I really wish they had more. You can't impeach anything with that.

This is a pretty good take if I’m being honest.

But it doesn’t feel like justice.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The most we know about that is...which is probably not much.

One of the biggest red flags to me, is that Trump refuses to enact sanctions against Russia after Congress voted for it overwhelmingly. If ever there was bipartisanship in Congress, that vote would be it.

They meddled in our election, and Trump's first action after getting into office was to work on returning two compounds to the Russians. Compounds we know they used to gather intelligence. He was briefed on Russian infiltration before he became POTUS and afterwards. Yet...nothing punitive towards Putin at all. Nothing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This.

ID just nailed it. Great post.

Board footer