You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Weiland on the howard stern show

Tommie wrote:

this is from Marksfriggin.com:

Stone Temple Pilots Singer Scott Weiland Calls In. 04/23/08. 8:15am

Howard had Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots, and formerly Velvet Revolver, on the phone so he picked up and asked him about his marriage. Scott said that he's kind of not together with her at the moment. He said that they're on and off all the time.

Howard asked Scott if he loves drama or something. Scott said he used to but not so much anymore. Howard wanted to talk to Scott about his wife but Scott told him that he had Adrian Young from the band No Doubt on the line with him.

Howard said he thought that Adrian used to bang Gwen Stefani. Adrian said that wasn't him that was one of the other guys in the band. They spent a short time talking about Gwen and how she left the band behind and went solo.

Howard said that Scott was out with Velvet Revolver for a while but now he's split from them and went back to the guys from Stone Temple Pilots. Scott said that the guys in Velvet Revolver weren't getting along with him and they had to call it quits. Scott said that he got back with the guys from STP and that may have had something to do with it.

Howard said that Scott has a history of not getting along with his band mates. Scott said that he does take some of the responsibility but some of the guys are known to be ''lead singer haters'' so it was getting pretty bad. He said that out of the blue Matt had posted something on a web site where he slagged him and he didn't like that. He said that he didn't remember exactly what it said though. Scott said that he had to retaliate after that.

Howard read some notes about what the guys were saying about Scott and how he had some erratic behavior and that he wasn't getting along with them. Scott said that they did a show one night and he told the audience that they were seeing the last Velvet Revolver show. He said he still had a commitment to make another record with them though.

Howard read that they're now talking about getting Chris Cornell to replace Scott. Scott said that they'll have to deal with a bunch of stuff in that band. Howard said that he read that Scott had bad mouthed Axl Rose at one point but Scott said that it's Rock and Roll and there was some stuff that was stirred up there. Scott said that he thinks that Guns N Roses did some great stuff during that era that they were together. He said he thinks that they should get back together.

Howard said he's glad that Scott is back with Stone Temple Pilots and that's where he should be. He said that he's made some great music with them and it makes sense to him that they're going back out on tour.

Scott said that it's really hard to be the front man of a band. He said he writes all of the lyrics and melodies and being that front person there is a responsibility to do interviews and getting up really early in the morning and things like that. He said that's all cool when you're in your 20s but it gets tedious when you get older.

Howard asked Scott if he bangs other women when he's out on the road. Scott said that he's never cheated on his wife when he's been married to this wife he has now. Howard said it must be tempting to go out and do other chicks. Scott said that it's not that hard. He talked about his many rehabs and he's had about 40 detoxes.

Scott said that he's been off heroin for about 5 years now. Howard congratulated him on that. Scott said that he'd love to be off of everything but it's not a perfect world. He said that he has an obsessive compulsive behavior and it draws him to other things. Robin asked Scott if he's on any prescription drugs. Scott said he's only on something for his bi-polar disorder.

Scott said that he's got a solo record coming out this fall. Howard said that the reunion tour is kicking off next month and you can find out more at StoneTemplePilots.com

Howard asked Scott how the reunion all came about. Scott talked about how things were going in Velvet Revolver and how things just weren't working out. Scott said that things are all cool with the guys in STP and they're all back into their big circle jerk thing.

Howard asked Scott if he hates Slash now. Scott said that he's a great guitar player and he's very humble for a guy who has branded himself as well as he has. He said that he's not about doing that himself but he thinks that Slash has made things work very well for him. Scott said that he doesn't hate him at all and hopes they can be friends again. Right now that's kind of tough while he's dealing with the STP thing. He said that it's almost like they never left each other.

Howard wrapped up with Scott and told him to come in with the guys in the band and play for them sometime. He said goodbye to him and ended up talking about Velvet Revolver for a few minutes. He said he didn't remember them having a big hit song. Gary said that they did have a big one called ''Slither'' but Howard didn't think it was that big of a song. Fred played the song and both Artie and Howard said that was no hit song. He said it was a good song but hnot a bit hit. Robin said it was a hit. HOward told her to stop with that becuase it wasn't a hit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thanks for posting tommie!

now that he's had a chance to cool down hes appearing alot more professional about the whole thing...even well wishes that GnR reunite....whats that all about hmm

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slither was a pretty big hit for VR.

Thanks for posting Tommie!

Hmm I wonder if the Chris Cornell is speculation on Howards part.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I've been saying it for years. Cornell will NEVER join VR, and I'll wager any amount of money on it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Since I posted this at the other place, figured it was too good to just sit around there wink

---
Some dudes are better off not being in a band together. I like that statement a whole lot better than his previous statements.

I really think the very best thing for VR to do is to not hire a lead singer and have a different big name singer on each album. I think artistically it will be fantastic for everyone involved. The possibilities are endless. If they really want Chris Cornell, who I think is who they really wanted in the first place and kind of settled for Scott (no disrespect meant), that's the only way he'll be a part of it. Because he has stated firmly that he will never be in a band again.

If they just hire some no name to come in its going to be a very difficult road, because he's not going to have that swagger or self assurance, or even the presence an established rock star is going to have, and that's what these guys need. If they choose to go the no name route they're going to end up like The Panic Channel.. ugghhh.

Plus, I really and truly believe the effect Axl had on these guys is too much for someone else to come in and try to take his place. Because that's what they'll be doing. I think Axl was so much a part of them musically that it went much deeper than just a bandmate or lead singer. It's going to take someone to take the place of Axl, not Scott, and there really is no one who can be another Axl. Not saying they can't go on without him or be very successful doing so, but Axl is always going to be a part of Slash and Duff, almost like a ghost haunting them, that it's going to be next to impossible to ever move on for them, especially being in the same band together. That's just my opinion, anyway.

(C) Copyright 2008  misterID inc.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

James Lofton wrote:

I've been saying it for years. Cornell will NEVER join VR, and I'll wager any amount of money on it.

I used to agree and still see it as an improbability, but I no longer find it impossible. Cornell has worked with many people (Timbaland), done a solo album that sucked recently, and would have total control over lyrics.

I could see him doing it for a studio thing anyways. I don't think he'd do live shows with VR, but I think he would be willing, for the right price, to come in and kick ass on some studio tracks.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The thing with Chris is he's not going to hang with the band. And he DOES NOT want to
evenly share any money on royalties with songs he's written. See, not only does he
write all the lyrics he also writes the music (he's a fantastic guitarist and bassist) and
that was the main probem with Audioslave. He had to split the money evenly with the
other guys even though he did the majority of the work.

He will not be part of a band, but I could see him doing one record with them, if that's
how they want to go. They'd have to pay him and give him total control, though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Did he really write all of Audioslave guitar parts? A lot of it seems similar to RATM style though..

misterID

misterID wrote:

When I meant the guitar parts I meant the structure of the songs, Like I Am The Highway and Like A Stone for example. Rick Rubin said he had to teach them how to play soft ballads because they didn't know how.

Board footer