You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 199 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

apex-twin wrote:

I'd say a lot of it is about cajoling Axl to do something besides touring. They now have more efficient handlers, incl. top-flight crew from the UYI tour (e.g. tour manager Opie, instead of Del James). The touring budget is bigger and the scale of the stage show is now more to Axl's liking. That surely allows for him to focus on performing more. Convincing him further takes a while, as he's known to be such a hair-trigger - and any results are up for grabs.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 87 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

from releasing the AFD30 set a year late

From what I understand, that was largely down to bureaucratic inertia at the record company. Presumably it's also tricky for Axl, Duff and Slash to give their input/approval for the in-depth remastering process for a massive box set while they're out touring the world.

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

otto wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Would a song written 20 years ago be the your kind of new?

Doesn't matter when it was written, to be honest.

Some of the UYI stuff were written pre-AFD and it was still pretty new and fresh to my years in 1991.

By new I'd take the Google and Merriam-Webster definition:

1. not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time.
2. already existing but seen, experienced, or acquired recently or now for the first time.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 11 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

ClaudeF wrote:

The Appetite box is their biggest and best opportunity to cash in on their recorded legacy. I expect and hope for a UYI box set in 2021 (or 2022, given the band's penchant for timing) but it won't sell as well.

I hoped we'd see a Chinese Democracy box set this year but with this current project on its way, the likelihood of that happening is lower than ever before.

More than anything, the band needs to record and release new material. Whether that means "Silkworms," "The General," and other tracks Axl has in his pocket, or something new, GNR desperately needs to leverage the attention gained from the tour and box set. People are paying attention, but they won't be forever. I'd hate for the band to fall back on its legacy and ignore its future.

monkeychow
 Rep: 640 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

from releasing the AFD30 set a year late

From what I understand, that was largely down to bureaucratic inertia at the record company. Presumably it's also tricky for Axl, Duff and Slash to give their input/approval for the in-depth remastering process for a massive box set while they're out touring the world.

Yet these problems don't happen to every other act.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 87 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

ClaudeF wrote:

I hoped we'd see a Chinese Democracy box set this year but with this current project on its way, the likelihood of that happening is lower than ever before.

I doubt we'll see a Chinese Democracy box set any time soon – partly for the same reason that we didn't see any Slash/Duff stuff released during the Chinese Democracy era, the band doesn't want to muddy the waters by reminding people about a defunct line-up. But also because a lot of the material that fans would want on that box set (and they'd be the hardest of hardcore fans) would be unused tracks that could potentially be reworked by the NITL line-up.

otto
 Rep: 81 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

otto wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

from releasing the AFD30 set a year late

From what I understand, that was largely down to bureaucratic inertia at the record company. Presumably it's also tricky for Axl, Duff and Slash to give their input/approval for the in-depth remastering process for a massive box set while they're out touring the world.

Yet these problems don't happen to every other act.

Although the "bureaucracy" sounds like the kool-aid Team Brazil and Axl supporters love to spread, perhaps these problems don't happen to other acts because they have proper management instead of enablers?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

Smoking Guns wrote:

Team Brazil is a Fucking joke. I could manage this band much better than Beta and Fernando. Total clown show.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 11 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

ClaudeF wrote:

*If* further official Chinese Democracy releases are not going to happen, I hope the band will lighten up in its stance toward leaks.

If we are going to see anything else sneak out, this could be the year, being that the album was released 10 years ago this fall.

monkeychow
 Rep: 640 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

monkeychow wrote:

I'd like to see more from CD as well, but even though it's 10 years, I can't see them doing it the same year as this AFD thing. I think Locked and Loaded and another Tour Leg are pretty much it for this year.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB