You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 3

James wrote:

Don't forget Freese. He's earning his paycheck here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yup. It's a shame they couldn't keep Freese on some tracks since they used Frank.

I'm just blown away by Axl. He completely reinvented himself as a songwriter. Like Bowie he only got better. Just awesome stuff.

I'm thinking the Hannibal track was meant to be an instrumental. Pretty friggin cool.

James

James wrote:

I think so too. It's basically a solo bucket song. Would fit on many of his albums.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dummy has got to be a Bucket/Brain song.

James

James wrote:

Speaking of using other musicians, if Axl put vocals on Oklahoma I want that version over a Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank version every day and twice on Sundays.

The 2000 lineup is owning the hell out of this song.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Oklahoma could be a monster. Could imagine Slash and Duff working on it.

It has that Eye of the Tiger element I dreamed of.

Sky Dog wrote:

Devious Bastard....wow. Oklahoma....wow. Axl basically had the Illusions in the can by 2001. I feel sorry for the musicians who created all this stuff and the world didn’t get to hear it. sad

James

James wrote:

You're right. Now that I think about it, the lineup most responsible for these songs played a grand total of ZERO shows.

mad

Sky Dog wrote:
James wrote:

Speaking of using other musicians, if Axl put vocals on Oklahoma I want that version over a Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank version every day and twice on Sundays.

The 2000 lineup is owning the hell out of this song.

This is the fucking truth. Duff will add literally nothing to these tracks. Slash is a different story. I am now very much in the camp of Axl Slash and Duff creating their own new songs. Why the fuck have they wasted 3 and a half years on their mega money grab without releasing one fucking note of new music? Fuck them.

Can you imagine all these tracks after Bucket did his work? There has got to be some other wicked stuff out there.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Duff and Slash will add about five million in sales. That's why it'll happen.

The best we can hope for is an AFD super deluxe style release of CD limited edition sold through their website. Realistically -- we'll have the leaks.

Board footer