You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vincevega06
 Rep: 0 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 4

Vincevega06 wrote:

Pm please?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Wow, this stuff is good. A surprise vocal track, Nothing is something. I like it a lot.

As It Began, beautiful. Piano starts out like Imagine.

Elvis is quite cool. Does sound a lot like a Bucket track. Funk-ish.

Thyme reminds me of Maddy. What’s the story with Thyme and its relation to PRL? Do we know?

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

James is right. D Tune starts out like Spoonman.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Thyme reminds me of Maddy. What’s the story with Thyme and its relation to PRL? Do we know?

As we're learning now even though mentioned once eons ago, PRL would be the title track of CD II and Thyme became PRL or vice versa. They're together on the next disc.

Thyme...

GNR] was sort of just work for hire. [...] I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed. They gave me four songs to orchestrate. [...] A song called 'Seven,' which is the one [...] I actually wrote a guitar part [on]. There was one called 'Thyme,' one called 'The General,' one called 'Leave Me Alone.'" (Marco Beltrami, IGN, 07/20/03)

Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad wrote:

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Curley Shuffle kicks 10 tons of ass.

James

James wrote:

Ides of March...

'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:

Ides of March...

'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Circus Maximus certainly fits that “loop” category.

BTW, it sorta sounds like the dungeon music you’d hear on a video game.

PotatoSalad

PotatoSalad wrote:

Is the Elvis song on here the same version that came out a few days ago?

Also, an apology to James for PMing him thanks after only now reading what you said about that in the Elvis thread 16

James

James wrote:

It's alright. You get a free pass. You liked the sound of my grandpa's tater salad. 5

Board footer