You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Classic Rock just through my door...

mitchejw wrote:

What the hell does that mean?

It means that they have a lot of issues to take care of before they can even start a "relationship" with each other again - even Slash have been saying that for countless years.

What's so hard to understand about that? People can't simply drop twelve years like it never happened.

The fact that they're huge stars around the globe doesn't change that they are human.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

People can't simply drop twelve years like it never happened.

I agree. But i also think that people who were friends when young can sometimes go back to being friends afer an extended gap/fight - as getting older makes people want to bury the hatched and remember the good times. The anger of youth fades.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

just read the whole Weiland interview....pretty intense I say...pretty intense...

at one point, he almost apologises about that verbal abuse towards Axl last year....well, not directly, but the tone, and what he says is indicative of it....

definitely not sounding  like a dog with his tail between his legs....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What the hell does that mean?

It means that they have a lot of issues to take care of before they can even start a "relationship" with each other again - even Slash have been saying that for countless years.

What's so hard to understand about that? People can't simply drop twelve years like it never happened.

The fact that they're huge stars around the globe doesn't change that they are human.

Yeah, I understand...other bands have gone through these squabbles...Other people have too...

Rarely do things go this long...and when they do go this long...who is the winner? Who is the most stubborn?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

nice point....the Gnr brand has only one officially released track of original material in 17 years. The other bands you name were just as succesful as Gnr in their original form but carried on in a competent fashion after very key members left. :wtf::flame:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That article with Weiland was an interesting read.  I thought Duff's following comment about Weiland's insecurity regarding a reunion was interesting:

"I know he [Weiland] was really paranoid about that and we had to allay his fears at one point, when we were writing for [VELVET REVOLVER's second album] 'Libertad'," McKagan responded. "He got wind that our manager at that point had been talking to Axl about bringing Axl over to what was our management company back then. And Scott freaked out that we were getting GN'R back together and we weren't going to make the second record. I don't know where it came from '” there was no contract on the table or pens ready to sign. Maybe now he's convinced himself that's what happened."

The talk back then of brining Axl over to their management company, makes me wonder if Axl had actually appointed Azoff quite sometime ago, but only released the info now as he knew they were going into a long quiet period and thought this would help shut the fans up , by misleading them into thinking something was about to happen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Aussie wrote:

he knew they were going into a long quiet period and thought this would help shut the fans up , by misleading them into thinking something was about to happen.

If that's their strategy, I pity them because its not going to work for very long. Majority of fans who still follow this saga are coming to the realization the record is never coming out. Most online fans now admit they only come to these sites either out of habit, or to talk about other crap.

GNR lost what goodwill and buzz they had gained in 06. About 99% of the young fans who "got on board" have already bailed. I've said this periodically here, but there is just too much other shit going on musically for hordes of people to keep interest in an album thats been in limbo since 97.

Its why the fanbase is shrinking, the jokes in the media continue, you can bring up CD in a general convo with Joe Blow and he scoffs and changes the subject, play the songs in a group setting and see the reactions lessen drastically over time,etc.

The ship has sailed. Nobody. Cares. Anymore.

Its the same couple hundred people at all the sites.

Its also why most are now interested in a reunion. They sense its the only way to recapture any magic that the band had, and younger fans want to see them for the first time.

If a silent era is being considered, the CD era is dead. The only thing they ever truly had going for them was an album title that would garner world wide attention the moment a date was announced, but immediately after that, then what?

An echo?

Looks like everyone involved is too scared to find out.

If they cant deal with the reaction, scrutiny, reviews, or possible total lack of interest in this record after its released, then they should stop insinuating they have plans to release one.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Well, that puts a different spin into it.

It's curious that until recently, all of VR (aside Slash, who went with Howard Kaufman) were managed by Azoff's company. Azoff acquired the band from Immortal Entertainment in late 2004. At that point, at least Scott's personal manager from Immortal switched over to Azoff's team to continue with her client. Yet Kaufman's and Azoff's companies merged into Frontline Management in early 2005, which technically put all of VR under the same roof. More recently, at least the majority of VR (Duff, Dave & Matt) have moved from Frontline to Sanctuary Artist Management (of all places). I believe Scott continues with Frontline with his long-time personal manager. Don't really know whether Slash is still with Kaufman or not.

But VR changed management around the same time Axl's association to Azoff was confirmed. Not to mention Axl was supposed to move in with Azoff while he was still managed by Merck.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Isn't it funny how after all this time, finally the record confirmed as 'handed in' (or so we are led to believe) and the negotiations are taking this long. I think everyone assumed the recording was the hard part. Seems like we're starting over again.

Like Takeshi's castle.

Board footer