You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: They played Dead Horse tonight

You could tell they were rusty as hell, but nice to see it on the setlist again. Hope they iron out the kinks. Kinda funny Duff's been playing it with Shooter Jennings' band on his solo tour and it's much more polished there.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

Was there, right side, beside Slash. Man they screwed the pooch on that one, but they made it through somehow. Axl/ Frank was off on Locomotive too. Couldn't tell who was off but it was obvious. I enjoyed the show. Don't care if they messed up. I am a drummer and that crap happens to anyone.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just seen it.

I think it was cool. It was an old favourite of mine too.

I think it's better that what was suggested, but clearly once Slash gets lost around the solo everyone else looks a little confused or gets lost themselves.

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Just watched again . Was a fair mess - looked like none of them knew where they were in the song at various times

Agree. They seem lost on several occasions. Especially with the slash solo. Duff looks at Slash as if seeing where he wants to go with his solo.
On the other hand, this is one of my favorite UYI songs, it's sad to hear it with Mickey.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Just seen it.

I think it's better that what was suggested, but clearly once Slash gets lost around the solo everyone else looks a little confused or gets lost themselves.

Slash got lost because Fortus is in the wrong key and Slash has to try to adjust to Fortus. Sad that Duff’s band played this recently and it kicked ass. Also Axl was very lost and sang shit out of place and flat out left out lyrics.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

It was good to hear the song, it was a slight hiccup, nothing more. It shouldn't put them off playing different songs.

The Las Vegas concerts I hope are interesting. It's an inflated price, so it'd be good to play something new, create some news, and set the path for next year coming.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Just seen it.

That's my hands blocking the view at 1:11. The best part was seconds after the song was over Axl says "Fuck off Jarmo!" Not sure why. But I liked it.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Just seen it.

Listening to it, it sounds like they all come in a bit early at different points. 16

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Besides wanting to know who that woman is in faldor's avatar for research purposes, I wanted to say I didn't hate this performance.  I get the feeling they probably didn't rehearse it too much, at least not everyone together.  I'm only guessing because they stick pretty close to each other and look a little nervous.  So maybe they just need to practice it more and get on the same page.  I'm glad they decided to dust it off and hope they do so with other older songs too.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It wasn't terrible. It was decent. Can def be tightened up and nailed if they choose to keep playing it. Get rid of the fucking covers and add dead horse and loco to the set.

Board footer