You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 2, Round 6

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favourite track. The track with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 2 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker, unless there's a mass 7 way tie or something equally absurd.

Voting closes Tuesday at 19:00 GMT.

Vote off your least favourite track

Quick Song 43%
Zodiac 13 10%
I'm Sorry 48%
Total votes: 21
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Strange how If the World went under the radar and then...boom...gone before you notice.

First round (I think) where a finished song with vocals is eliminated up against only instrumentals.

I prefer it over the album version and it was ready for launch in 2000. That was one of the shockers of the Village Sessions....how that song was already finished.

Still voting Zodiac. It's awesome... listening to it now....but it's a White Zombie deep cut and I think there's major potential for a kick ass song in Quick Song.

Sorry is mind-blowing.

Depressing knowing there people around these sites with a finished Zodiac, Tonto, Berlin and Elvis. Tracks we could have heard almost 20 years ago

In 2006 I was told that the album(s)/demos had already been circulating for years at that point. YEARS.

AtariLegend wrote:

With If the World, I think it's just another case of recency bias. It's a really good track that never got the love it deserved imo.

Anyway I voted of QS again for the Teen Spirit riff. Sorry is a monster track in this forn and Zodiac is exactly the kind of track they should have releasing for radio instead of the album version of Shackler's.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Sorry, another track that has never really done anything for me. It's gotta go.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Sorry, another track that has never really done anything for me. It's gotta go.

Agreed. It's gone.

Sky Dog wrote:

Quick Song

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’m not sure how vocals would fit on Zodiac or Quick but I do like the sound of them. I think they might end up like Scraped. They’d be cool if slowed down a little. They aren’t fussy here.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Declan94 wrote:

i love sorry and i hate quick song so please people get rid of quick song

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

The biggest problem here is that Quick Song is way better in its 2001 mix by RTB.

Freese loses here.

So, I will pick that song.

AtariLegend wrote:

Zodiac wins.

Both quicksong and sorry were tied, before Atlas voted on his dozenth alt.

Voting finished. The elimination series are done.

Board footer