You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Sky Dog wrote:

James, there has been a different “concern” in every situation/scenario since 1994! It is one excuse after another over and over and over. It’s ridiculous. I don’t buy one fucking line from anyone related to the Gnr brand in regards to releasing new music.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

It would be nice if they released something to the fans for free. Even if they didn’t release much, or tour on it. Or just told the fans “nothing new coming.”

I imagine that’s selfish on my part though + label issues potentially.

Edit: or even digitally released a few songs. I’m sure many people would pay for them.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

It would be nice if they released something to the fans for free. Even if they didn’t release much, or tour on it. Or just told the fans “nothing new coming.”

I imagine that’s selfish on my part though + label issues potentially.

Edit: or even digitally released a few songs. I’m sure many people would pay for them.

They have people buying shit like toy trucks and laundry bags, but somehow the one thing people want from them - new music, is all too hard. Bullshit excuses.

Sky Dog wrote:

He’s on a roll!!!! lol

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Holy fuck, this band is lame regarding new music.

If you’re not going to release anything, then continue on being the Eagles or the Beach Boys and own that you’re a jukebox / greatest hits act.

Excuses that music doesn’t sell anymore or some other fucking bullshit is pure smegma.

I know as a fan I sure the fuck won’t be seeing these guys until new music is released.

Tom Petty managed to release a lot of new music.

Maybe Axl doesn’t have his muse anymore, but at least admit it like Billy Joel.

The material this band has that we’ve heard isn’t that bad. Also, lots of shit we haven’t heard that I’m sure is good.

So get some confidence and release music or have the confidence to say we’re just a touring act now.

Vincevega06
 Rep: 0 

Vincevega06 wrote:

Is anyone really surprised by the bands actions? What happened when better leaked, everyone was like o music is on the way ! No not really, then these past leaks and again everyone’s saying new music in 2020! No not really. And there’s always that mark for GnR that says what are you a insider ? No I’m not I just have common sense and am judging by all of theirs , Axl,Duff, Slash actions.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

If you’re not going to release anything, then continue on being the Eagles or the Beach Boys and own that you’re a jukebox / greatest hits act.

Excuses that music doesn’t sell anymore or some other fucking bullshit is pure smegma.

I know as a fan I sure the fuck won’t be seeing these guys until new music is released.

The material this band has that we’ve heard isn’t that bad. Also, lots of shit we haven’t heard that I’m sure is good.

So get some confidence and release music or have the confidence to say we’re just a touring act now.

I love me some Tom Petty and he died touring a new album. Some might say his latest outputs are among his greatest.
But there's so many differences between him and Axl... Could you see Axl fighting the record label because it wants to release GNR more expensive than other artists? Could you picture Axl declaring bankruptcy to terms of a record contract deal to be free?

GNR camp puts a lot of the blame on the record company like it's impossible to be released from a contract. I call that bullshit.

"So get some confidence and release music" this is what the band/Axl/Beta's barn/Team Brazil lacks. And it might make you wonder why...
(hint: perhaps we already heard the best of what's been written/recorded during 1998~2016 and what's left is subpar, the muse is gone and maybe that's why they're thinking of alternatives to "normal" releases)

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Rewind to any year between 1998 and 2019 and you read, re-read and read again various versions of this thread for the rest of your life.

I’m dumbfounded that this is still being analyzed. GnR has basically no fans under the age of 35. They’re lucky they have anything to tour for/with at all.

To say this thing is a shell of its prime form would be a compliment.

mitchejw wrote:

Rewind to any year between 1998 and 2019 and you read, re-read and read again various versions of this thread for the rest of your life.

I’m dumbfounded that this is still being analyzed. GnR has basically no fans under the age of 35. They’re lucky they have anything to tour for/with at all.

To say this thing is a shell of its prime form would be a compliment.

half of the people on the GNR war room discord are teenagers and in fact i'm still a teenager myself. there is about 300 members on there so idk what you are talking about when you say "no fans under the age of 35" i really don't.

Izzy squire
 Rep: 0 

Izzy squire wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

eagles is a good example. Eagles sold 4 new songs in 1994, and new album in 2007.
Gnr should have released a greatest hits whit 3 o 4 new song, in 2016. Now o the next year ,a new album

Board footer