You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Well, it seems like there will be an album afterall! Color me surprised. Hope it makes this crappy year worthwhile! 16 5

A new album will support the next tour,  whenever that happens, and it's supposed to be a world tour crammed into one year so Slash can return to his other projects.

Remember also there was a plan to do a UYI based tour as well, which may happen in the future and they appear to be putting together a UYI Deluxe box with Trocolli poking about for ideas on other forums.

so do you think this year for a new album?

also, can you please elaborate on this UYI comment - I know nothing of this Trocolli person?

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42
metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Well, it seems like there will be an album afterall! Color me surprised. Hope it makes this crappy year worthwhile! 16 5

A new album will support the next tour,  whenever that happens, and it's supposed to be a world tour crammed into one year so Slash can return to his other projects.

Remember also there was a plan to do a UYI based tour as well, which may happen in the future and they appear to be putting together a UYI Deluxe box with Trocolli poking about for ideas on other forums.

also, can you please elaborate on this UYI comment - I know nothing of this Trocolli person?

Trocolli posts at mygnr, and he helped GN’R put together the AFD box set, as I think he’s got a big collection of GNR stuff himself.

He’s posted again recently asking what people would want for a UYI box set, leading us to believe that the band is actually working on a UYI box set as well.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I know he's not reading here etc, but were there any songs that either rumored to have drastic differences or cuts?  November Rain is the only one that really comes to mind. Piano & acoustic versions. I'd be curious about YCBM, the drum intro supposedly took a while, maybe just blooper cuts of different attempts. My World, was it any better anywhere else, or worse?  KOHD with a more stripped down basic take would be nice.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I don’t really care for demos, I want official live footage from the UYI tour on Bluray, and not just Tokyo 1992.

In a perfect world, we’d get The Perfect Crime tour documentary that never saw the light of day, come out with the box set too.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

PaSnow wrote:

I hate these 'album' box sets. It's become a cash grab. Just release a box set for the band as a whole and be done with it. Just look at the Pearl Jam 10 or Nirvana In Utero remixes, they sound pretty much the same. Even In Utero, Steve Albini handed in a muddy album which the label was rumored to have trashed and said 'There's no hits' and it was fully remixed.

What happened, it comes out, and to me, its still pretty similar.  UYI would be interesting, but I'm not really interested in hearing many of the songs again, and outside of any legendary remixes or rerecordings, it couldve been morphed into 1 Guns box set.

UYI's an interesting one though, 'cos Slash has alluded to an early version of the album without all of Axl's layered production stuff on top of it. I'd be curious to hear what that sounds like, and that'd cheerfully fill up a disc of material. Plus there's a (slim) chance there could be early demos of stuff like TIL, Fall To Pieces etc from the UYI sessions.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
sp1at wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I don't know, it's more about the virus than anything else. I would guess it'll be next year

AtariLegend wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I hate these 'album' box sets. It's become a cash grab. Just release a box set for the band as a whole and be done with it. Just look at the Pearl Jam 10 or Nirvana In Utero remixes, they sound pretty much the same. Even In Utero, Steve Albini handed in a muddy album which the label was rumored to have trashed and said 'There's no hits' and it was fully remixed.

What happened, it comes out, and to me, its still pretty similar.  UYI would be interesting, but I'm not really interested in hearing many of the songs again, and outside of any legendary remixes or rerecordings, it couldve been morphed into 1 Guns box set.

UYI's an interesting one though, 'cos Slash has alluded to an early version of the album without all of Axl's layered production stuff on top of it. I'd be curious to hear what that sounds like, and that'd cheerfully fill up a disc of material. Plus there's a (slim) chance there could be early demos of stuff like TIL, Fall To Pieces etc from the UYI sessions.

There shouldn't be any copies of that This I Love according to legend, although an earlier version of Speed Demon from Slash's Snakepit (Then known as Nightcrawler) maybe?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm wondering if the majority of Brain/Bucket stuff were only instrumentals and ideas. I think Shacklers was a mash of like three different Bucket tracks from the last set of demos.

The wackiest revelation from the Village sessions.... Bucket isn't recording with GNR as a cohesive unit.... Giant Robot is bringing instrumentals to the Chinese buffet.

Leave it to Axl/GNR to ruin the existential vibe of Sorry and turn into a Slash rant.

If they're not bringing the infamous rough cut of the albums to the table, I'm not buying it.

NOW is the time to unload that.

As a third disc/DVD include a show that should've been released 28 years ago instead of Tokyo.

Fourth disc include various outtakes such as the Adler session, Adler on YCBM, and if there's no plans for a TSI anniversary set, include the two unheard songs from those sessions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And we need a real, honest to God GN'R documentary.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm wondering if the majority of Brain/Bucket stuff were only instrumentals and ideas. I think Shacklers was a mash of like three different Bucket tracks from the last set of demos.

The wackiest revelation from the Village sessions.... Bucket isn't recording with GNR as a cohesive unit.... Giant Robot is bringing instrumentals to the Chinese buffet.

Leave it to Axl/GNR to ruin the existential vibe of Sorry and turn into a Slash rant.

If they're not bringing the infamous rough cut of the albums to the table, I'm not buying it.

NOW is the time to unload that.

As a third disc/DVD include a show that should've been released 28 years ago instead of Tokyo.

Fourth disc include various outtakes such as the Adler session, Adler on YCBM, and if there's no plans for a TSI anniversary set, include the two unheard songs from those sessions.

Yeah i'd be very keen to hear a rawer UYI - and let's get Izzy's guitars audible in the mix while we are at it.

Board footer