You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will new music be released in 2020?

Sky Dog wrote:

Google the Rolling Stone Slash interview from 1991....best source on the going’s on at the time pre release.

Will new music be released in 2020?

Yes, Q1 26%
Yes, Q2 7%
Yes, Q3 2%
Yes, Q4 12%
No 52%
Total votes: 42

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Was there ever a point early on it was supposed to be 1 album?

For starters, I wanted to hear 'Why Do You Look At Me When You Hate Me?'.

Imagine my surprise when hearing Get in the Ring. It was pure cringe.

There's a single disc called Axl's advance copy included with the UYI Q discs. It's mostly finished uyi 1 tracks (demo quality sound) with Get in the Ring and a few others, however Get in the Ring for some reason is an instrumental. Which means it was finished much later than the other tracks.

Also Ain't Goin Down is included. Ain't Goin Down is deff not a demo. Though tbh it would have needed different lyrics not to be b side material.

Didn't someone claim years ago it was supposed to be 4 albums originally? ...Or was it that Axl wanted 4?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Google the Rolling Stone Slash interview from 1991....best source on the going’s on at the time pre release.

Hey thanks!  Was that the Axl black and white photo cover?  I recall having that but think it was 92

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I actually dont hate GITR. A bit immature, but with a little bit of rewrite its an alright song. Shouldve asked Izzy to do something about the lyrics

Sky Dog wrote:

Atari and Pasnow....Slash Rolling  Stone interview 1991 says it all...Slash was on cover and it mentions exactly what was going on and the exact number of songs being worked on. 35 songs and 6 of those were covers. Each Illusion is the equivalent of a double album. Thus, 4 albums worth of material.
-this is a must read by the way...good detailed info

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

GITR was awesome for it's time...kinda paved the way for alot of things to come later, for better or worse ... was alot of swearing in those couple minutes lol, not very many bands did that sort of thing back then, and defo not main stream acts

Sky Dog wrote:

Well known I think GITR is the worst GNR song ever released. On a side note, Axl’s Twitter rants are well beyond cringeworthy as well....hate to say it....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

UYI should sound like TSI? which is the most perfecting sounding album they ever put out, IMHO.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Another must read is the June 91 issue of RIP magazine with 'The making of UYI'.

The insane hype oozing from that article almost drove 16 yo me completely insane.

Hard to believe it was only a little over a month later that I saw them in concert.

Wish time still went by that slow.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Also Ain't Goin Down is included. Ain't Goin Down is deff not a demo. Though tbh it would have needed different lyrics not to be b side material.

That song was a major disappointment when I finally heard it.

It was one of the songs Del hyped in his "massive epics and balls to the walls rockers" descriptions.

You guys are making me nostalgic. I may have to listen.

I should. Hell....I listened to this last night along with some other punk bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODGRIQhOCA

As much as I loved the 70s and 80s as a kid, I would've killed to experience it as an adult in NY going to those clubs.

What an incredible moment in time.

Edit

Didn't someone claim years ago it was supposed to be 4 albums originally? ...Or was it that Axl wanted 4

Like skydog said, it's technically four albums already but yeah...they mentioned it in some articles back then.

God bless em but it wasn't feasible. Box sets back then were not a regular thing like now and the Zep box was like 70-80 bucks....a lot of money back then. That Queensryche set was like 50 and all it was is a concert.

Board footer