You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bdub8
 Rep: 0 

Re: Would love some expert help

bdub8 wrote:

Hi everyone - been a long time lurker here and really enjoy this board. In an effort to not drive myself completely crazy, I was wondering if I could get some info from the knowledgeable die hards here. Out of all of the leaks, I'm trying to find one or two versions of each song that might be different enough (track, solos, players, etc.) to keep on my "current GnR playlist". The problem is, most of the tracks that we have all gotten have been labeled slightly differently but might still the same versions. I'm not talking about the Village tracks that are very well labeled, I'm talking more about the tracks that were out before the big drop of leaks last year or leading up to it.

Using Perhaps as an example, I have:
Perhaps - Single Song Leaks
Perhaps - Rough Mixes CD #1
Perhaps - 2019-09-13 leak
Perhaps - Who Is General Tso?
Perhaps - The Village Sessions
Perhaps - Village Remixed
Perhaps - Chinese Leftovers
(are any of these the Brian May track?)

Obviously my main track would be Rough Mixes CD #1 as that's straight from the source but are these others legit tracks and are any of them different enough to warrant keeping them on the active list?

Other "versions" of leaks I have are listed from:
Chinese Democracy (10th Anniversary)
Chinese Democracy Demos
Chinese Democracy Mixes N' Remixes
Chinese Democracy Unreleased 6/1/01
Chinese Leftovers
Single Song Leaks

Really just trying to figure out what's real, what hasn't been messed with from fans and what are legit tracks that I should keep (i'm getting rid of anything, i just don't need 20 tracks of Rhiad on my phone).

I realize this is a long ass email, I just figured that someone much more knowledgeable than myself has probably gone through this as well and could provide me a roadmap.

Thank you everyone!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

When did a bunch of different versions of Perhaps leak?!?

I don't remember that. Must have happened when I checked out for a few months.

Are you sure these aren't just fan remixes?

bdub8
 Rep: 0 

bdub8 wrote:

that's what i'm trying to figure out. i'm assuming that most of these are either the same tracks labeled differently or fan remixes but going through and listening to everything over and over to find differences is driving me a bit crazy. that's why i'm hoping someone might have a definitive list of what was a true track right from the band and what might be labeled differently or tweaked in some way.

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

Okay so the 2019-09-13 version is probably the low quality one that leaked before the RM was leaked.
Village Remixed is Imsorry Flac version of RM Perhaps. So it's higher quality, probably keep that one on the playlist.
I've never heard of the other 4 before though

Board footer