You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Current Events Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I mean he looks visibly ill. He has it, no doubt in my mind.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've disagreed with James on a lot of stuff in these threads in the past but on this I agree wholly. No issue these days can ever processed sanely without it becoming a black and white issue as part of a left/right culture war. I'd personally argue this started with the "right" but the the left are now sucked into it and feed the machine. The only stuff where I think this kind of thing is unavoidable is social issues around race and LGBT+, with all stuff like that throughout history it has been "bumpy" to put it mildly. But a global pandemic is not and should not have become a hyper political issue like that.

It blows my mind that Covid became so Red V Blue politicised in the USA. The fact that the discussion over there still seems to be about masks and social distancing is madness. Over here the big issue at the moment is testing capacity and efficiency - I don't see a peep about that in the US news yet see reports of +20% positivity rates in some States.

This outbreak by the sounds of things took hold in the GOP top brass and the admin on Fri 25th September, and possibly Trump gave it to Hicks not the other way around. This situation is a mess and if there is any sanity left, this display of incompetence and disregard for public safety will see them voted out of office. Not an election I can participate in but one that the whole world is watching.

I appreciate this post.

I’m going to have three issues with it no matter how the election turns out. The first, he’s being provided medical care that he would not provide for others. That’s on him.

Two, he made a whole show of undermining public health officials and doctors. He intentionally did not social distance and continue to put thousands of other people at risk as long as he wasn’t at risk.

And #3, he intentionally modeled bad behavior but not social distancing and wearing masks in public places.

All the while making fun of people like Biden and others who were trying hard to follow the rules and model good behavior.

It’s really hard to give someone sympathy when they were given all the help and tools necessary and still chose not to do it. Not only that, he flaunted his defiance.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I agree with your three points, I'd imagine most here do. He is not fit to be president of the US imo and in a sane world would be ripped a new ass hole for his actions, but currently we ain't in a sane world.

Maybe the first point is up for debate, I'm mean he is the President, he is gonna get the best of the best, same in any country.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've disagreed with James on a lot of stuff in these threads in the past but on this I agree wholly. No issue these days can ever processed sanely without it becoming a black and white issue as part of a left/right culture war. I'd personally argue this started with the "right" but the the left are now sucked into it and feed the machine. The only stuff where I think this kind of thing is unavoidable is social issues around race and LGBT+, with all stuff like that throughout history it has been "bumpy" to put it mildly. But a global pandemic is not and should not have become a hyper political issue like that.

It blows my mind that Covid became so Red V Blue politicised in the USA. The fact that the discussion over there still seems to be about masks and social distancing is madness. Over here the big issue at the moment is testing capacity and efficiency - I don't see a peep about that in the US news yet see reports of +20% positivity rates in some States.

This outbreak by the sounds of things took hold in the GOP top brass and the admin on Fri 25th September, and possibly Trump gave it to Hicks not the other way around. This situation is a mess and if there is any sanity left, this display of incompetence and disregard for public safety will see them voted out of office. Not an election I can participate in but one that the whole world is watching.

I appreciate this post.

I’m going to have three issues with it no matter how the election turns out. The first, he’s being provided medical care that he would not provide for others. That’s on him.

Two, he made a whole show of undermining public health officials and doctors. He intentionally did not social distance and continue to put thousands of other people at risk as long as he wasn’t at risk.

And #3, he intentionally modeled bad behavior but not social distancing and wearing masks in public places.

All the while making fun of people like Biden and others who were trying hard to follow the rules and model good behavior.

It’s really hard to give someone sympathy when they were given all the help and tools necessary and still chose not to do it. Not only that, he flaunted his defiance.

Umm, I didn’t say anything about sympathy for him or his behaviour. In fact I criticised him and the GOP.

Anyways if you really are doubting he’s sick watch this clip.

They edited the video to hide coughs. Watch it and you can notice the weird skip not just in the audio but also the video, it jitters right at that point (spotted it when looking at the flag in the background). He’s sick, possibly sicker than they’re letting on.

I think his only hope now is a heroic overcame Covid feel good story because he’s going to have a two week hole right now in campaigning and importantly fundraising - forget the optics side to this on the WH covid outbreak and the practical implications of a fortnight of lost campaigning alone are bad for them. Other move for them is to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, become a total circus and saturate the airwaves to nullify Biden campaign coverage.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He’s definitely pretty sick. He doesn’t sound or look normal. The fact they had to edit out coughing is clear.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Wow. I wonder if this a polling anomaly.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl S wrote:

A lead that big amongst the older folk would pretty much gurantee a landslide in the UK for a non right wing party.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Chuck Todd teased new polling numbers he'll announce for Meet The Press, so I imagine it's this, or a similar polling stat. That wouldn't surprise me, the whole 'Young people get it' and 'herd mentality' talk is basically saying let the people who can't survive die. Pretty appaling.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Chuck Todd teased new polling numbers he'll announce for Meet The Press, so I imagine it's this, or a similar polling stat. That wouldn't surprise me, the whole 'Young people get it' and 'herd mentality' talk is basically saying let the people who can't survive die. Pretty appaling.

I assume this is the main poll:
General Election: Trump vs. Biden    NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl    Biden 53, Trump 39    Biden +14

It's the largest lead Biden has had in any General Election poll, and I assume it came after the debate.

Like I said, Trump's debate performance was campaign self-immolation.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Board footer