You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Please don't impugn my motives because you're completely ignorant on the subject.  Until you can provide a compelling answer otherwise, I'll continue to use the historical oxford definition of "gender".

Your ignorance is astounding. Go read.

Busy tonight, can't unpick everything you said right now. Will just leave this though.

I'll continue to use the historical oxford definition of "gender".

https://www.oed.com/viewdictionaryentry … this%20way.

The state of being male or female as expressed by social or cultural distinctions and differences, rather than biological ones; the collective attributes or traits associated with a particular sex, or determined as a result of one's sex. Also: a (male or female) group characterized in this way.

Also another Oxford definition: https://www.lexico.com/definition/gender

Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.

In short, go read. If you actually want to know about any of this stuff just google "how many genders are there?", "third gender", "gender netural" and read articles, academic writings, the associated wikis for these topics, etc.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

roll:rolleyes:

Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- … t-position

Biden’s offering kasich a cabinet position. Other conservatives as well. I’m getting more comfortable that we may be able to return to normalcy once he’s sworn in.

roll

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I elected science deniers?  I've never voted for Trump (though I plan to in 3 weeks).  Who is voting for the people who think men can become women, that men can have periods and that a woman can have a penis and testicles?

It's funny how nobody ANYWHERE wants to answer this.

I mean... they can. There's decades of writing and academic study on gender, how it isn't binary and isn't fixed after being assigned at conception birth - even hundreds of years ago there are examples of gender fluid ideas in Native American tribes. If you are referring to biological sex of a person then fine sure, that's just describing someone's physiology though.

Flagg, you say that trans peoples "deserve to be loved and find happiness" and that they should be treated with "dignity and respect"... but also write

It's been 3 weeks since SGT Barnes got her medication to keep her fabricated vagina from closing shut.

Hardly a respectful tone that treats trans people with any dignity. Frankly, at best I doubt you actually give a shit about them at all and at worst I actually see a bit of hatred in the way that you write about them.

Anyway in political news... any of you see the polling about Texas these past few days?! I expect Trump still takes it but why the fuck is that state polling so tightly. Surely a bad sign for the Trump campaign generally.... right? Also... why is Arizona in play?!

I couldn’t agree more...duplicity...

Also, how you identify yourself is what makes you human. That’s a decision for the individual. Not RF’s box.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Kasich should've been our president in 2016... maybe earlier.

Definitely a good sign to include him. Would've been even better to pick him as VP but the country is too partisan for such an unconventional move.

I’ve said this many times over the past 4 years. When he won the Ohio primary despite Trumps momentum...i thought he was going to turn the tide.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

545 children have lost their parents potentially permanently at the border due to incompetence and mismanagement...

How many of you are willing to shrug about that?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

My prediction...

vGeRA.png

I may be wrong. tongue

If Texas of all places is really in play, anything is possible... including a Reagan style landslide.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That’s not a bad map except .... Maine is not really in question. It’s going to Biden.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That’s not a bad map except .... Maine is not really in question. It’s going to Biden.

Virginia too IIRC. I suppose you could swap PA for VA/Maine.  I don't see it happening tbh but that's a safer bet.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

My prediction...

https://www.270towin.com/map-images/vGeRA.png

I may be wrong. tongue

If Texas of all places is really in play, anything is possible... including a Reagan style landslide.

Yes...Virginia and Nevada are virtual locks for the Dems...and I'm curious why you have South Dakota going to Biden. I've never seen that before.

Also...Arizona and North Carolina have a very good chancing of tilting to the Dems. Also, Biden has been consistently polling ahead of Trump in Ohio for about 3 weeks...for whatever that's worth. Maine should be going Dem, too. Other than that...pretty dead on I'd say.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Qp1Gb.png

Board footer