You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

She was an excellent moderator

I was coming in here to say the same.

The debate was about as even as it gets.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Big might like this:

Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
·
13m
My focus group’s words to describe Trump tonight:
• “Controlled”
• “Reserved”
• “Poised”
• “Con artist”
• “Surprisingly presidential”

Words to describe Biden tonight:
• “Vague”
• “Unspecific”
• “Elusive”
• “Defensive”
• “Grandfatherly”

misterID

misterID wrote:

And things might be different if that Trump showed up in the first debate.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Big might like this:

Frank Luntz
@FrankLuntz
·
13m
My focus group’s words to describe Trump tonight:
• “Controlled”
• “Reserved”
• “Poised”
• “Con artist”
• “Surprisingly presidential”

Words to describe Biden tonight:
• “Vague”
• “Unspecific”
• “Elusive”
• “Defensive”
• “Grandfatherly”

Trump’s seem spot-on considering expectations, but Biden’s are weird. Unspecific? He has details for days. Elusive? He actually answered most of the questions. Grandfatherly? Accurate.

Again, poll results are surprising me. Quick poll of watchers for CNN gave Biden the clear win.  I thought it was even. I thought Pence won the VP debate, but the majority was with Harris.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Fair or not, I think the stammering really hurts Biden.

Hillary "won" all her debates with Trump. And she pretty much did, imo. I actually thought Trump did better tonight than he did back then, too.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Fair or not, I think the stammering really hurts Biden.

Hillary "won" all her debates with Trump. And she pretty much did, imo. I actually thought Trump did better tonight than he did back then, too.

I think you probably know this, but he is a stutterer.

My son has a speech impediment and spent many years in special speech classes because of it. Took the short yellow bus and everything. You’ll get no agreement from me. My son will never outgrow it, just like Biden. It’ll be with him until the day he dies. It’s extremely tough and makes public speaking pretty much the worst thing in the world for my son. I admire Biden for fighting through it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don’t know the moderator. She’s doing a great job. Better than Chris Wallace.

The muted mics were to her advantage and to trump's as well. It made him stfu and seem more composed IMO.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

“Children are being brought here by coyotes!”

This is gonna be the line that is remembered. WTF is Trump taking about. He lives in a different world.

Their parents use coyotes. One report said 30% of children were being used by non-relatives to gain access.  If the 525 parents aren’t found, it’s because they don’t want to be. Any police station, any consulate, any government official would be able to put the parent in contact with ICE to recover their child. If your kid was in Canada, would you stop trying to reach the Canadian government to get your kid?

What reports?

Anybody who makes excuses for child separation has a lot of soul searching to do. It's about as evil as you can get.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Or, on the other hand, considering we keep hearing Biden can’t put together a complete sentence or has no stamina, does he get credit for doing three live events fairly easily?

Or is it just too late and have too many people voted already for it to make a difference?

Makes little to no difference IMO. Especially given how many people are voting early.

That's what happens when you attack a caricature of somebody. When the real person shows up, then it's pretty easy to put that nonsense to rest.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Trump dominated tonight. Pence won his debate too. First debate was an epic cluster fuck.

Trump seems in command. Just was back tracking often, typical politician.

Board footer