You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: New Slash - Theme from “Love Story”

Smoking Guns wrote:

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I prefer The Ballad of Death.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I like it. When is he gonna do an all-instrumental album, for pete's sake.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

It's so-so for me.... saw on another forum some saying it's "classic Slash playing and tone".

To me it sounds far from that - the playing sounds very reminiscent of  a lot of his noodling on the NITL tour albeit with a more structured melody. The fluidity of his playing seems to have abandoned him...
The intro sounds like his guitar is a bit out of tune and I find the tone for the most part to be very cold and sterile sounding.

Perhaps I'm being overly critical....

For my money, his tone post-Guns was best on the solo album with different vocalists from 2010...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Instrumental Slash doesn’t do it for me. I remember hearing about how Watch This was the greatest post-GNR output from anybody (ok probably hyperbole). Slash needs a frontman. Not surprising that the three most successful acts he’s been in are GnR with Axl, VR with Scott, and the Conspirators with Myles. While I dig Snakepit, it’s no surprise they did nothing without an appropriate frontman.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Rod Jackson destroys Myles as a frontman. The music just wasn't commercial enough for the radio.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Rod Jackson destroys Myles as a frontman. The music just wasn't commercial enough for the radio.

I preferred eric dover personally

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I'm at the point now where whenever any GN'R member releases a solo thing, all I think is - what about a new GN'R release?

It's become the elephant in the room now. Since the reunion both Slash and Duff have done a solo release each. Now Slash has another due out in 2021. This would all be fine but the expectation has been set that there will be new Guns music at some point - if so, where is it? At the least where is some news on it?

If there isn't going to be any new Guns songs for the next few years or ever, that is also fine IF they actually say something about it. Having Slash and Duff do interviews the past year or two saying something is actually in the works and having Duff's wife on podcasts talking about it just makes it feel like fans are being led on.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:
AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I preferred eric dover personally

Dover kicked ass. Very underrated

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I'm at the point now where whenever any GN'R member releases a solo thing, all I think is - what about a new GN'R release?

It's become the elephant in the room now. Since the reunion both Slash and Duff have done a solo release each. Now Slash has another due out in 2021. This would all be fine but the expectation has been set that there will be new Guns music at some point - if so, where is it? At the least where is some news on it?

If there isn't going to be any new Guns songs for the next few years or ever, that is also fine IF they actually say something about it. Having Slash and Duff do interviews the past year or two saying something is actually in the works and having Duff's wife on podcasts talking about it just makes it feel like fans are being led on.

This is all on Axl. Very embarrassing

Board footer