You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Current Events Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The streets and highways around Pittsburgh have been blocked by BLM activist beyond count.  I'm not worried about 7 rednecks kidnapping a governor.  I am worried about the thousands of Antifa pricks rioting and burning down store fronts.  ID linked the article showing you that some of the people trying to arrest Whitmer were Biden supporters, but I'm not surprised your ignored that.  You still think the bounty story was real too.

Been very busy, don't follow the news incessantly, nor do am I here non-stop.  Just tuning in 8pm tomorrow to see where it's all at.

Personally, I think TV calls it 'enough' that its entirely likely Biden wins it, but the early vote counts will need to be completed to finalize it.  And yes, I think trump calls it corrupt and tries to fight it (somewhat) but it doesn't goto court based on pure stupidity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The streets and highways around Pittsburgh have been blocked by BLM activist beyond count.  I'm not worried about 7 rednecks kidnapping a governor.  I am worried about the thousands of Antifa pricks rioting and burning down store fronts.  ID linked the article showing you that some of the people trying to arrest Whitmer were Biden supporters, but I'm not surprised your ignored that.  You still think the bounty story was real too.

Of course not...and when Trump declares victory tomorrow night at around 10 pm, you won't care about that either. And when Trump spends millions trying to get votes discounted, you won't care about that either.

The problem is Antifa for you...no matter how misunderstand you are about them.

A find blend of hypocrisy indeed.

Well, you refuse to even acknowledge antifa and (faux) black bloc that are actively destroying communities and committing violence but you latch on to any right winter who's out there trying to stir things up even though their presence is minimal. That's pretty hypocritical.

Having a president dispute an election is different than psychos burning down your house.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Both sides are threatening to contest so let's take that into account when going over those scenarios.

The country needs a landslide in either direction.

To those defending/minimizing antifa, I have a question and I want an honest answer...

You're at a store shopping or eating out at a restaurant. If you have kids, they're with you on this trip. Out of the blue....

Here comes a bunch of people looting, rioting, and attacking random people at your store/restaurant.

Or...

A handful of rednecks mouthing off, maybe one or two marching with rifles that dollars to donuts aren't even loaded.

Which do you perceive to be the bigger threat?

When you answer that, why minimize the threat for political purposes?

Like Flagg stated, people aren't closing their stores getting ready for the banjo player from Deliverance to march down the street.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Both sides are threatening to contest so let's take that into account when going over those scenarios.

The country needs a landslide in either direction.

To those defending/minimizing antifa, I have a question and I want an honest answer...

You're at a store shopping or eating out at a restaurant. If you have kids, they're with you on this trip. Out of the blue....

Here comes a bunch of people looting, rioting, and attacking random people at your store/restaurant.

Or...

A handful of rednecks mouthing off, maybe one or two marching with rifles that dollars to donuts aren't even loaded.

Which do you perceive to be the bigger threat?

When you answer that, why minimize the threat for political purposes?

Like Flagg stated, people aren't closing their stores getting ready for the banjo player from Deliverance to march down the street.

I'm not minimizing it...Trump faned the flames there like he always does...he made the problem worse...with his stupid ass bible pose and all the other shit he does to divide people.

Your question contains an inherent bias...look at how you described. You are obviously biased in a certain direction...'dollars to donuts' let's just assume the guns aren't loaded. roll

I understand the root cause...that cause isn't going away because of our justice system and because of Trump's inability to relate to anyone that doesn't support him.

It's not about supporting looting...it's about understanding that when these types of things happen, you can't take out the why. You don't care about the why...you just say it's all intolerable.

Trump has been saying at his speeches, 'suburban women, please like me...' If you're smart, you'll know Trump is a big part of the problem. He's done this over and over again...he creates problems, then solves (or at least attempts to) them and claims victory.

I see through it. I wish you did too.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But you've already admitted you're primarily relying on the a very sketchy pollster considered to be a C- pollster by fivethirtyeight.

Trump supporters were heavily involved in the riots...this is another thing you refuse to accept.

All the polls are sketchy. Everyone in the world gets to cherry pick their favorite statistics.

The most interesting thing about it is even the big enchilada of polls, fivethirtyeight, is now walking back their prediction a bit. It's subtle but it's there. Like that one guy said, there's a distinct change in tone the past couple days. It's in the air.

They're still trying to push against it. We're once again starting to hear the old chestnut "giant crowds mean nothing" yet failing to point out two things....

1. If Biden had 50k crowds, they'd shout it from the highest mountain.

2. You'd have to go back to the horse and buggy days to find a winning candidate who had small crowds.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But you've already admitted you're primarily relying on the a very sketchy pollster considered to be a C- pollster by fivethirtyeight.

Trump supporters were heavily involved in the riots...this is another thing you refuse to accept.

All the polls are sketchy. Everyone in the world gets to cherry pick their favorite statistics.

The most interesting thing about it is even the big enchilada of polls, fivethirtyeight, is now walking back their prediction a bit. It's subtle but it's there. Like that one guy said, there's a distinct change in tone the past couple days. It's in the air.

They're still trying to push against it. We're once again starting to hear the old chestnut "giant crowds mean nothing" yet failing to point out two things....

2. You'd have to go back to the horse and buggy days to find a winning candidate who had small crowds.

Biden isn't even attempting to have large speaking engagements though, right? He seems to be walking around neighborhoods talking to them on their turf, no?

James

James wrote:

Your question contains an inherent bias...look at how you described. You are obviously biased in a certain direction...'dollars to donuts' let's just assume the guns aren't loaded.

That's because I used one of the best examples the blue team likes to use when warning people about the "fascists".

It was during the lockdown. A group of dipshits went out protesting at various restaurants (Subway was one of them) and a few of them were marching with guns.

Come to find out, the guns weren't loaded and a few of them were toy guns. The blue team went from screaming about what a threat they were to mocking them.

That's why I used that example. Both examples have actually happened in major cities.

I also noticed you won't answer the question.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Biden isn't even attempting to have large speaking engagements though, right? He seems to be walking around neighborhoods talking to them on their turf, no?

That's because he can't get a crowd. In PA more people turned up to loot than showed up at a Biden rally.

I don't attempt to hit a home run. Why? Because I suck at baseball....

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

I hope everyone here stays safe.  Unless it's a landslide one way or another like James said, I'm fearing civil unrest.  This was a tense year as it was with the pandemic, and uncertainty could make this even worse.  Fearing the potential for civil unrest I made sure to be well stocked up with food and other essentials and I'd advise you to do the same in case that happens.  That's not a bad idea anyway between the pandemic and for those of us that have to deal with winter weather.

James

James wrote:
PotatoSalad wrote:

I hope everyone here stays safe.  Unless it's a landslide one way or another like James said, I'm fearing civil unrest.  This was a tense year as it was with the pandemic, and uncertainty could make this even worse.  Fearing the potential for civil unrest I made sure to be well stocked up with food and other essentials and I'd advise you to do the same in case that happens.  That's not a bad idea anyway between the pandemic and for those of us that have to deal with winter weather.

This is a good point.

While we shoot the shit about GNR and get into some heated discussions here, this is serious shit when you get down to brass tacks.  Some of the members here live in cities likely to see rioting(Philly and Chicago).

I know there was a smart ass tone to my question above about choosing a scenario, but people in this country will be facing such threats... within hours.

Someone can pretend to support antifa til the cows come home for political purposes but if you happen to wind up in the eye of their hurricane, you're not getting out without a fight and they don't give a fuck about your "I Voted" sticker.

Forget rioting and looting for a second....go watch videos of them harassing people at restaurants. You will not like that happening to your family.

Same with the Trumpsters. Driving around in trucks with Trump flags/stickers and we've had a couple incidents where people have been hit by cars. The threat is minimal but the threat IS there.

So yes...stock up on food and supplies and stay indoors if you can, especially if you're in a major city.

Board footer