You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 270 to win 2020 Edition

I have never spent one second on reddit...I didn't realize politics was a thing on there...

Literally everything's a thing on there. You probably wouldn't like the political boards though. The Conservative board, for instance, desperately needs a Mitch or two to annoy them and get something going. But, if that were to actually happen, they'd just ban or downvote you into oblivion and go back to their echo chamber. Same with the Politics (liberal) board.

You guys have a good thing on here. Which is why I keep checking a GNR site on election day, I suppose.

Awhile back someone in the political threads asked me if it was just our small group participating here. I told them there's more people just reading it than there are posters. It gets tons of page views.

I was most active on GNR forums during the pre-CD, HTGTH heyday. I remember SLCPunk being one of the main political voices on there. When he started his own GNR forum, I went there a few times, and it seemed to evolve into a straight up political forum very quickly. If GNR were to stay a "nostalgia act" forever, I wonder if this site could take a similar path. In a way, I guess it's half-way there already.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mindsmack51883 wrote:

I have never spent one second on reddit...I didn't realize politics was a thing on there...

Literally everything's a thing on there. You probably wouldn't like the political boards though. The Conservative board, for instance, desperately needs a Mitch or two to annoy them and get something going. But, if that were to actually happen, they'd just ban or downvote you into oblivion and go back to their echo chamber. Same with the Politics (liberal) board.

You guys have a good thing on here. Which is why I keep checking a GNR site on election day, I suppose.

Awhile back someone in the political threads asked me if it was just our small group participating here. I told them there's more people just reading it than there are posters. It gets tons of page views.

I was most active on GNR forums during the pre-CD, HTGTH heyday. I remember SLCPunk being one of the main political voices on there. When he started his own GNR forum, I went there a few times, and it seemed to evolve into a straight up political forum very quickly. If GNR were to stay a "nostalgia act" forever, I wonder if this site could take a similar path. In a way, I guess it's half-way there already.

Just curious, what was your handle on HTGTH? I was there 04-05ish era

This forum was on life support during the DJ Ashba years (11-14ish?)  Picked up with the reunion talk then NITL tour announcements. From 2016 on this/these threads (multiple incarnations you'll see) somewhat kept traffic afloat. Struggled last year tho last fall there was a mini-leak of sorts.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It's looking that way.  Florida & GA can even goto trump & isn't much of a concern. I think it's mostly called tonight.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Watching the news, while they're not calling #'s, turnout seemed high today. I don't think in a good way for trump.  I doubt he's winning PA.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's looking that way.  Florida & GA can even goto trump & isn't much of a concern. I think it's mostly called tonight.

The turnout numbers tell me it will probably be called tonight. Especially if we see some states like AZ, GA or FL get called at some point.

To me the demographics are telling me more than the polling numbers: women, seniors, first time voters, early voters etc.

I will say that the last general election I looked purely at the math on election night. I didn't take into consideration the trajectory as it unfolded. So for instance I'd say "She can lose these three states and still be good." But what I didn't think about was that if she DID lose those states, then there was a problem. Which I realized once it was happening.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

The turnout numbers tell me it will probably be called tonight. Especially if we see some states like AZ, GA or FL get called at some point.

To me the demographics are telling me more than the polling numbers: women, seniors, first time voters, early voters etc.

I will say that the last general election I looked purely at the math on election night. I didn't take into consideration the trajectory as it unfolded. So for instance I'd say "She can lose these three states and still be good." But what I didn't think about was that if she DID lose those states, then there was a problem. Which I realized once it was happening.

Still can't get over how that night unfolded. Surreal.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Still can't get over how that night unfolded. Surreal.

haha, nobody was as surprised as Hillary or Trump I'd imagine.

Just curious, what was your handle on HTGTH? I was there 04-05ish era

You wouldn't remember me. I'd lurk for a long time, post for awhile, lurk some more. I think I might've used different names, but "disease51883" would've been the longest-lasting. I did friend a decent amount of HTGTH members on MySpace (!). It's funny; there was absolutely nothing going on in the GNR world at that time, but I'd argue that it was the golden era of the forums. There was a certain optimism. I was late high school/early college age though. Maybe that's why I remember it that way.

After Jarmo squeezed the fun out of HTGTH, I bounced between this place and GNRTruth. I almost started posting here more frequently during the most recent leaks, but when those were pulled off of sites as quickly as they went up, I lost track of what was even out there. I still haven't heard them all. Whatever.

This concludes "Mindsmack's GNR forum history". Short version: I'm glad you guys keep this place going.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Texas was my last move. With the historic turnout, if it's flipping, it'll be now. It could be the shocker, like Indiana in 2008. Even if Trump keeps it, he falls short in this scenario.

https://www.270towin.com/map-images/opDOy.png

Wrong states, but still looks like bigbri is likely to come closest in terms of the electoral college.

Board footer