You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Clinton went 8 years without a conflict and it was perhaps the most incredible economy ever; regular people were making money, not just wall street.

Somalia? Bosnia? And we can't continue to deny Trump the credit for the economy under his administration. But he also owns the debt....

I'm a Bill Clinton guy, btw.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Clinton went 8 years without a conflict and it was perhaps the most incredible economy ever; regular people were making money, not just wall street.

Somalia? Bosnia? And we can't continue to deny Trump the credit for the economy under his administration. But he also owns the debt....

Cut taxes and increase spending....that’s like an animal house way of building an economy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Somalia and Yugoslavia/ Kosovo although Bush shares some blame on the Somalia cluster fuck. We'll exclude the "pin prick" strikes against Iraq, Sudan, and Afghanistan.

Other than that...yes....I agree, the 90s were amazing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've been considering this for the past few months about a Biden victory, and folks are starting to say it out loud... There's going to a boarder crisis once again in the coming months. What's Biden going to do?

We're about to enter the always interesting yet odd part of the cycle reset where liberals who spent years attacking republican policies start miraculously cheering those same policies now that the blue team is pushing them.

The patriot act was the real doozy of 2009

I think this cycles doozy will be the "kids in cages".

If Biden decides to open everything up instead of risk a depression, it'll be that.

Edit

Mark my words...

When the Biden administration officially kicks off, the media will not mention those kids even though a mere stroke of a pen would eliminate them.

Same as it ever was....

Wo4E.gif

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Cut taxes and increase spending....that’s like an animal house way of building an economy

That's why I mentioned the debt. Still, we've never seen an economy or job numbers like we did pre-covid.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's why I mentioned the debt. Still, we've never seen an economy or job numbers like we did pre-covid.

When Obama was President conservatives (including Trump himself) went on and on about the "real" unemployment rate, factoring in those who had stopped looking for work. Funny how we never heard about that again once the GOP were in power.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yeah, let's not do that. Minority jobs improved, so did manufacturing, so did 401K's, etc.

Sky Dog wrote:

I can live with Biden as President if the Senate stays Republican. I reside in Fulton County, Atlanta Georgia so my vote will actually count....kinda cool. axl

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I can live with Biden as President if the Senate stays Republican. I reside in Fulton County, Atlanta Georgia so my vote will actually count....kinda cool. axl

Good luck Sky Dog!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This whole election still seems dirty. Still counting in too many states. Too many anomalies. Just a strange odor from it all.

Board footer