You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

I said any of that?  Let me know how your bounty story or melania's body double beliefs turn out.  If you can't respond to what I actually said (which was pointing out how most of your posts are complete nonsense based on objective falsehoods or rumors), maybe don't post.  Your status here isn't in question, no need to inflate your post count.

Be honest, how many memes do you share on facebook each day?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I said any of that?  Let me know how your bounty story or melania's body double beliefs turn out.  If you can't respond to what I actually said (which was pointing out how most of your posts are complete nonsense based on objective falsehoods or rumors), maybe don't post.  Your status here isn't in question, no need to inflate your post count.

Be honest, how many memes do you share on facebook each day?

Not a big political meme guy. Comment occasionally on media posts (cnn etc) maybe if a big event happens, like the president or prez's son catches covid, but nothing stupid like that would ever happen. Only about once a month or so My college roommate is pretty alt-right, we're FB friends, but definitely grew apart or think differently nowadays. He's very anti-Obama as if he was a worse president than W.  Which is astonishing, it's pretty bad to think anyone fakes believing that, regardless I comment on his or other peoples (liberal friends/neighbors) maybe once a week.

Try to keep politics off FB, 2016 I felt it was worse than this year, although my feed was pretty bad this year.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Right now we have 3 vaccines about to be released and a promising therapeutic... operation warp speed so far is working and Trump’s team should get credit for that.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Right now we have 3 vaccines about to be released and a promising therapeutic... operation warp speed so far is working and Trump’s team should get credit for that.

He’ll get as much credit as he gave Obama for the economy he inherited in 2016.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He’ll get as much credit as he gave Obama for the economy he inherited in 2016.

Yep.

What vaccine? Its just going to disappear. We rounded the corner back in May. This winters going to be fine.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Might wanna wait till January 21 before decalring victory. We're barely into cold &  flu season.

We'll learn alot by NYE as to how bad this is. 5 weeks ago trump was just recovering from Coronavirus, it definitely seems to have gotten worse in those 5 weeks, and its been warm. These next 5 are when things multiply.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I have been pushing Trump supporters out of my life for the past 4 years. These morons that I used to consider friends are buying into every conspiracy theory they could find. They worship Trump like a god...they're posting videos of themselves saying things like, 'I'd take a bullet for Donald Trump.'

All this love and devotion for this terrible, terrible human being. This fraud of a man. This fake business man. All he does is get fatter, play golf and rant incoherently on camera and through social media. The guy is a straight up moron.

He continues to behave like the corrupt piece of shit that he is...I would very much enjoy it if he spent the rest of his life on the run from legal authorities.

The man is a personification of everything that is wrong with this country. No matter how poorly he behaves, he's never held accountable by his deranged group of lunatics and deplorables. Donald Trump is a turd that just won't flush down the toilet.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Your post is everything wrong with our hyper-partisan culture. It is literally destroying friendships and families.

Gone are the days everyone could peacefully coexist and every so often have a political discussion.

Now every single little thing is politicized and thanks to the media manipulation and social media echo chambers, it's been turned into a weapon.

People have to wake up. People also have to stop taking things so personal. TPTB love this shit. Everyone stays riled up fighting over Donald Trump. While that's happening, they never actually do anything for average Americans while helping our corporations loot our treasure and resources.

No one should be losing friends and family over Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi.

James

James wrote:

And so it begins....

Biden supposedly fractured his foot while playing with his dog. They first said it was a sprain, now it's a fracture. They wouldn't allow the media to see him.

Where's the outrage? I remember people nutting up when they couldn't instantly see Trump in the hospital.

Mark my words....

Kamala will be president within six months tops.

He either resigns or they 25th his ass out of DC.

James

James wrote:

It actually began last month...

Why is Pelosi suddenly talking about the 25th Amendment?

Speaker backs Raskin bill to set up nonpartisan commission to determine a president’s fitness, says it’s not about Trump

Why would Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveil legislation less than one month before Election Day to establish a commission under the 25th Amendment to determine the president’s fitness for holding office?

That’s the question many in Washington are asking Friday after Pelosi held a news conference with Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin, a constitutional scholar and member of the House Democratic leadership team, to back his bill setting up a Commission on Presidential Capacity to Discharge the Powers and Duties of the Office.

Democrats say they’re simply setting up a process authorized by the Constitution that should’ve been codified long ago but is especially needed now because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Republicans think Pelosi is continuing the effort she started with impeachment to try to oust President Donald Trump. And others suggest Pelosi is signaling that Trump, who tested positive for COVID-19 last week, is unfit to hold office.

The 25th Amendment of the Constitution provides authority for the vice president to take over for the president if the commander in chief is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” Most people are familiar with the part of the 25th Amendment that allows the vice president and a majority of the presidential Cabinet to determine if the president is unfit to serve, but it also delegates such authority to “such other body as Congress may by law provide.”

Raskin’s legislation, an updated version of a bill he first introduced in 2017, would establish such a body: a 17-member commission composed of four physicians, four psychiatrists and eight former high-ranking executive branch officers appointed by congressional leadership from both parties. The final member would be selected by the other 16 to serve as chair of the commission.

The commission, if called upon through House and Senate approval of a concurrent resolution, would “carry out a medical examination of the president to determine whether the president is mentally or physically unable to discharge the powers and duties of the office,” according to the bill text. The president could refuse the examination, but the commission would be authorized to factor that into their decision.

If the commission determines the president is unfit to perform his executive duties, the vice president would take over.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/10/09/why … amendment/

Board footer