You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Matt Sorum's book leaks online.

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Slash also didn't want him at the Rock N Roll hall of fame

Slash's instinct was right and he should've stuck to his guns. It's amazing how Slash never seemed to understand the leverage he really had.... especially in a HOF situation where Axl isn't even coming.

Sorum ruined the moment with his wisecracks about Adler's drug use.

As for Duff, there's a few things... but the books final chapter is Matt trying to get Duff to insist on him joining. Duff says I already signed

I still get a kick out of this.

Duff spent the better part of a decade rebranding himself as a financial guru yet comes across like Jeff Spicoli here...

Bro, I already signed the deal!!

I can safely say I have seen nothing having to do with the HoF. Did Sorum really trash Adler? While Adler was there?

He made a joke when it was his turn to speak about Adler getting kicked out off the band for doing too many drugs. Which he probably thought was funny, but didn't go down well with some.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

So Matt Sorum, a non-original member, got to speak at this thing? On television? Yeesh.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

So Matt Sorum, a non-original member, got to speak at this thing? On television? Yeesh.

It was a cluster fuck. I haven't watched it since it happened but I'm pretty sure Adler was standing right next to him when he said it.

It was uncalled for and he had no right to say it. Everybody knows why Sorum got the job. I think they laughed it off but that's beside the point.

Slash should've interrupted him and told him to shut up.

While Slash never understood the leverage he had, Sorum never seemed to understand his place...the bottom of the totem pole.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Whether you like his personality or not, Sorum is the glue that’s sorely missing between Slash and Duff these days. Sorum had that lock in groove that would allow Slash to go off and do his noodling thing, while the songs kept going without missing a beat.

Frank Ferrerererrrerererrrererrr (as Axl says, because he doesn’t even know his fucken name), can’t keep a beat to save his life. The band sounds like a train wreck live these days.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Whether you like his personality or not, Sorum is the glue that’s sorely missing between Slash and Duff these days. Sorum had that lock in groove that would allow Slash to go off and do his noodling thing, while the songs kept going without missing a beat.

Frank Ferrerererrrerererrrererrr (as Axl says, because he doesn’t even know his fucken name), can’t keep a beat to save his life. The band sounds like a train wreck live these days.

Diversity hires are always a sub par replacement...  Bad humour aside, he has been in the band 10 years now and still can't play the fucking songs

AtariLegend wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

Diversity hires are always a sub par replacement...

What a dumb fucking statement.

I can only imagine the shock when you fiqure out Slash's skin colour.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

So is this actually going to be published, or is the project dead in the water?

If Matt wanted to he could easily go the self-publishing route.

I've not read it yet, but still would like to.

Sky Dog wrote:

Here’s your answer...nobody gives a shit if it’s published or not. This band was done in 1991 when Izzy left. Everything else has been a circus sideshow. axl92

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wondered if it wasn't published because it could be improved.

Matt's take and story are interesting to fans - but to be honest it did read a lot like a draft in places - a lot of times a chapter seemed to end right at the point where you were interested in what would happen, while other chapters seemed to waste a bit of time before getting to the point. It's a solid basis for a book - but I felt like the ghostwriter needs to take another pass at it. Chat with him a bit more and tease out a few more fun stories for it.

Mind you a lot of the books are a bit content light I guess - Slash's was similar. The best one I felt was "The Dirt" by the Crue...not so much the tv adaption - but the book version was great.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Thanks, monkeychow - that makes a lot of sense. Maybe he can use the response/feedback this leaked version to take a second pass at it, fill in the gaps that fans identified, and release something really good.

Is it still readily available anywhere to read?

Board footer