You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:

McConnell is as awful as Trump.  He controls the Senate and bills that would actually help ordinary citizens just die from his inaction.  I think he's probably more detestable than Trump and really a bigger harm to the threat and nation.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Mcconnell is ten times worse than Trump.

Bernie is on a roll. I see a lot of people on reddit saying he should be president. I don't agree with that but I do like to see him stand up to possibly the biggest parasite in DC.

In an appearance on MSNBC late Wednesday after Senate Republicans once again blocked his attempt to force a vote on $2,000 direct payments, Sen. Bernie Sanders voiced disdain for his GOP colleagues' argument that the relief checks would be "too costly"—an objection raised by lawmakers who happily voted for massive tax cuts for the wealthy and large corporations.

When it comes to "tax breaks for rich people or corporate welfare or bloated military budgets, that's OK," said Sanders, deriding the GOP's position. "But when you stand up and you say that working class families need some help, 'Oh my god, the world is gonna collapse.'"

"So I am a little bit tired of that hypocrisy," Sanders continued. "I'm tired of companies like Amazon making billions and billions of dollars not paying a nickel in federal taxes—no one talks about that. But when you're helping a mom trying to feed her kids, 'Oh my god, we can't afford it.' This is hypocrisy."

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You got me Mitch!  In a discussion specifically about the $600 payout you started, I was unaware of the PPP program. I don’t know how the two topics are related, but there’s a reason you’re known as the special one here.

Then again, if you were successful you wouldn’t need a business loan. I guess you “deserve” it.

You don’t know how they are related?! Successful people don’t take out loans?!

Wtf?!

It seems to be you need to learn what’s all in the stimulus package. You also need to learn how the PPP program works and what it’s for...

You need to learn a lot it seems.

Your accountant should and will advise you take the free money that will be forgiven. You don’t have to take the PPP loan. You will because if everyone else is why shouldn’t you?

Unfortunately, you're right. I know my competitors will be taking it. It's not a matter of what's right or wrong now. It's an obligation I have to all the people I employ. Their job security goes way up for 2021 if/when I get this...

James

James wrote:

Looks like Mcconnell is playing hardball.

2k stimulus dead in the water. He said Congress has provided enough pandemic aid.

Bernie should probably go ahead and just drop it. He made his statement. With the majority of Dems basically on McConnell's side of this even though they tweet that they're not, a filibuster carries no weight.

James

James wrote:

This is amazing. Didn't people just spend four years bitching about Trump preferring specific journalists and news outlets?

Biden Team Disables Chat On Virtual Press Conferences After Reporters Ask Tough Questions

Democrat Joe Biden’s White House transition team has reportedly disabled the chat function on their Zoom virtual press conferences after invited journalists began complaining about the group’s lack of transparency.

As the Daily Wire reported last week, reporters were becoming “frustrated” with the Biden team — and Joe Biden himself — because the team appeared to have a slate of favored journalists who were always called up on to ask questions during the team’s virtual press conferences.

The “New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, PBS and Politico” were given the opportunity to ask questions of the team at nearly every press conference, while even mainstream media outlets like the Associated Press were shut out.

“Hey guys, there tons of folks looking to ask questions and since this is being done once a week, could we PLEASE go longer or at least hold more frequent briefings,” a reporter from the Daily Beast said in the chat of a Zoom press conference held last week.

“Any chance you can take a few more questions? There are a lot of folks here with questions,” Zeke Miller from the Associated Press added.

“Is there a point in saying we want to ask questions if you only call on the same small group every week?” another asked.

The system had a direct impact: Biden’s team rarely had to answer an unexpected question, particularly about touchy subjects, like an ongoing Department of Justice investigation into his son Hunter’s finances and foreign dealings. Biden has yet to answer questions on Hunter’s issues in any substantive way, and even then when questioned by late-night television hosts, not network reporters.

His team has a typical statement response to the question: “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”

After reporters complained in public about the situation, though, the Biden team didn’t take more questions, they simply shut down the chat, according to at least one reporter who was on the most recent virtual press conference Zoom.

“The Biden transition team appears to have disabled the public chat function on its transition zoom calls, a place where I and others had been routinely complaining to them to take more questions,” incoming Politico editor Sam Stein said on Twitter, per Fox News.

Biden’s team did not comment on the situation according to Fox, but the team did say, last month, that they value “transparency” and believe the press’s job is to hold Biden “accountable” during his tenure.

“He also believes, though, that it’s the media’s job to hold him accountable,” a spokesperson said. “He’s there to do the people’s work and he welcomes that relationship. He welcomes their role, the media’s role in our democracy and I think it will be, frankly, the polar opposite of what we’ve seen over the last four years…I think you’ll see a huge change in the culture in the way this White House treats the media.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-te … -questions

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

This is amazing. Didn't people just spend four years bitching about Trump preferring specific journalists and news outlets?

Biden Team Disables Chat On Virtual Press Conferences After Reporters Ask Tough Questions

Democrat Joe Biden’s White House transition team has reportedly disabled the chat function on their Zoom virtual press conferences after invited journalists began complaining about the group’s lack of transparency.

As the Daily Wire reported last week, reporters were becoming “frustrated” with the Biden team — and Joe Biden himself — because the team appeared to have a slate of favored journalists who were always called up on to ask questions during the team’s virtual press conferences.

The “New York Times, CNN, Washington Post, PBS and Politico” were given the opportunity to ask questions of the team at nearly every press conference, while even mainstream media outlets like the Associated Press were shut out.

“Hey guys, there tons of folks looking to ask questions and since this is being done once a week, could we PLEASE go longer or at least hold more frequent briefings,” a reporter from the Daily Beast said in the chat of a Zoom press conference held last week.

“Any chance you can take a few more questions? There are a lot of folks here with questions,” Zeke Miller from the Associated Press added.

“Is there a point in saying we want to ask questions if you only call on the same small group every week?” another asked.

The system had a direct impact: Biden’s team rarely had to answer an unexpected question, particularly about touchy subjects, like an ongoing Department of Justice investigation into his son Hunter’s finances and foreign dealings. Biden has yet to answer questions on Hunter’s issues in any substantive way, and even then when questioned by late-night television hosts, not network reporters.

His team has a typical statement response to the question: “President-elect Biden is deeply proud of his son, who has fought through difficult challenges, including the vicious personal attacks of recent months, only to emerge stronger.”

After reporters complained in public about the situation, though, the Biden team didn’t take more questions, they simply shut down the chat, according to at least one reporter who was on the most recent virtual press conference Zoom.

“The Biden transition team appears to have disabled the public chat function on its transition zoom calls, a place where I and others had been routinely complaining to them to take more questions,” incoming Politico editor Sam Stein said on Twitter, per Fox News.

Biden’s team did not comment on the situation according to Fox, but the team did say, last month, that they value “transparency” and believe the press’s job is to hold Biden “accountable” during his tenure.

“He also believes, though, that it’s the media’s job to hold him accountable,” a spokesperson said. “He’s there to do the people’s work and he welcomes that relationship. He welcomes their role, the media’s role in our democracy and I think it will be, frankly, the polar opposite of what we’ve seen over the last four years…I think you’ll see a huge change in the culture in the way this White House treats the media.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-te … -questions

I'd like to know whose questions he's not answering.

I'd also like to point out that Trump went 4 years without answering a single question.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

it's in the article I posted so no one had to bother clicking on the link...yet you still didn't read it. lol

The Associated Press, Politico, Daily Wire, among others. Those aren't exactly fringe outlets that should be ignored. tongue

I'd also like to point out that Trump went 4 years without answering a single question

He answered a shit load of questions... it's just that nobody liked the answers.

Even if your hyperbole was true....I thought we were getting away from the Trumpism stuff?

Is this the beginning of another era of complaining about something when one guy does it but support it when a different guy does the same thing?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

it's in the article I posted so no one had to bother clicking on the link...yet you still didn't read it. lol

The Associated Press, Politico, Daily Wire, among others. Those aren't exactly fringe outlets that should be ignored. tongue

I'd also like to point out that Trump went 4 years without answering a single question

He answered a shit load of questions... it's just that nobody liked the answers.

Even if your hyperbole was true....I thought we were getting away from the Trumpism stuff?

Is this the beginning of another era of complaining about something when one guy does it but support it when a different guy does the same thing?

My bad...I have low tolerance for all the shit the pops up when I click on a link and lose my patience rather easily.

Are you sure Trump answered questions or what he just amazing at obfuscating?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

You really expect him to read anything and have a single accurate understanding of any of the garbage he spews? 

The guy just says random shit, creates arguments, and changes thoughts mid sentence.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You really expect him to read anything and have a single accurate understanding of any of the garbage he spews? 

The guy just says random shit, creates arguments, and changes thoughts mid sentence.

A-daaaaaarrrrrr

Board footer