You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Wait this "actor" theory has been floating around?  Trump and/his cultists must really think his supporters are real morons.  That's one of the dumber things I've read.

Yep....this is the second time this week they've pushed the Antifa narrative on their base and yes....they believe their base is dumber than dogshit. They know they'll believe anything.

It's bizarre. I check the conservative sub on reddit a lot. I like to know what both sides are saying. You can literally see their crazy talking points ignite and then spread like wildfire.

I called it right before the deflecting and other shit started here. I was just shocked that they had went back to the Antifa well again so I went to check.

Sure as shit there it was.... blaming Antifa again. Couple days ago they told Trumpers to stop blaming Antifa because they didn't deserve the credit for the chaos done in the name of Trump. They stopped and went back to the whataboutism distractions and big tech rants. That stopped working so now it's Antifa to blame again. It's pure stupidity of course and dollars to donuts they're back to deflecting and big tech by sunrise.

It's surreal. It's like an alt right Borg spreading their "alternate facts" mixed with layers of whataboutism.

Edit

Anytime you want to see what's being cooked up, go here....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/

See where it says Hot? Click on that, click New, and you can see them deliver the red hot, fresh off the grill talking points.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Wait this "actor" theory has been floating around?  Trump and/his cultists must really think his supporters are real morons.  That's one of the dumber things I've read.

Yep....this is the second time this week they've pushed the Antifa narrative on their base and yes....they believe their base is dumber than dogshit. They know they'll believe anything.

It's bizarre. I check the conservative sub on reddit a lot. I like to know what both sides are saying. You can literally see their crazy talking points ignite and then spread like wildfire.

I called it right before the deflecting and other shit started here. I was just shocked that they had went back to the Antifa well again so I went to check.

Sure as shit there it was.... blaming Antifa again. Couple days ago they told Trumpers to stop blaming Antifa because they didn't deserve the credit for the chaos done in the name of Trump. They stopped and went back to the whataboutism distractions and big tech rants. That stopped working so now it's Antifa to blame again. It's pure stupidity of course and dollars to donuts they're back to deflecting and big tech by sunrise.

It's surreal. It's like an alt right Borg spreading their "alternate facts" mixed with layers of whataboutism.

Edit

Anytime you want to see what's being cooked up, go here....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/

See where it says Hot? Click on that, click New, and you can see them deliver the red hot, fresh off the grill talking points.

Who walked past security and placed the bombs? Trump peeps or security themselves? We have at least 15 cops being looked at. You had the mayor refusing national guard help. A lot strange coincidences, or maybe you don’t believe in “coincidences”. Did some Trump people cause damage and storm the Capitol? Yes. Were they alone in this operation or did they have help from someone/something? Yes. They did.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No one has ever doubted cops were involved. It's been talked about in liberal circles since day one. It's easier to start seeing the big picture when not having to pretend every five minutes that BLM-ANTIFA were responsible.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:

No one has ever doubted cops were involved. It's been talked about in liberal circles since day one. It's easier to start seeing the big picture when not having to pretend every five minutes that BLM-ANTIFA were responsible.

Ok, so cops involved.... And maybe some “actors” to jump start it all. If you already think Cops turned everything is on the table. Remember, the hundreds of thousands of Trump folks are about 15-20 minute walk away. Who knows who all was in that initial group of 100 people or so.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

James, I "lost it" because my point that's been shared by the ACLU, Merkle, and liberal journalist about the consequences of censorship was being ignored by trying to paint me as a Trumper. I could have easily compared you with Mitch, or that it's no surprise you two agree with knee jerk reactions and hysteria, but I didn't. You feel Trump should be censored, fine.

It's not a big deal we disagree. This is the only place I talk politics, I don't mind debate, I like it. But I will not stand for people to put words in my mouth and accuse me of extremism, which is what Trumpism is. Anyone who's been here long enough knows I'm independent, with probably too much venom towards the media. Whataboutism is usually just a shield to deflect hypocrisy. And yeah, I'll call out hypocrisy.

There will be no argument that convinces me the last four years of violence and riots didn't lead to this. That politicians advocating harassment and storming capitals didn't contribute to this. Or that the media hasn't been stoking the hate. We will just not ageee here.

Calling for Trump to be impeached so he loses his pension, secret service detail, and that his legacy will forever carry this stain is not tepid. I do not trust big tech or politicians to censor speech. This is something we just will not agree on.

All these conservatives are now rushing to the dark web and are insulating themselves even more. Now big tech is c banning gun websites. If you think this ends at Trump, that what you're supporting won't be abused, that political extremist won't feel embolden by this, we just will not agree.

I'm not making this personal, I'm not accusing anyone of anything or insinuating you're holding some secret extremist views, I'm stating very plainly that this will end badly, especially considering a political party who's main focus right now is total power. I've held Republicans to this, I will with Democrats.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

At the end of the day the BLM protests in the Summer were for a fight against a real problem: overall racial inequality and the issue of systemic racism within policing. At the end of the day, there is ample evidence surrounding the proportion of black Americans who are injured or killed in custody when compared with white Americans. It is a real problem, and something worth people protesting.

Did those protests sometimes spill over into violent rioting? Yes.

But the negative aspects of the BLM protests comparable to what happened last Wednesday? No.

If that attack on the capitol goes even more sideways and they don't evacuate the chamber in time, or the insurrectionists find the VP, any senator, any congressmen or staffers then you could have been looking at a disaster day scenario. And with what we have learned since then with some capitol police being involved it's even more worrying. Their chances of success were slim but that was a coup attempt. Just because it was unsuccessful, and unlikely to be , doesn't mean it can be ignored and whitewashed.

The whataboutism is insane. Say what you want about the current state of the far left in the west but the most extreme shit they've done recently is disrupt some public transport and roads in the name of protesting about the climate crisis and an idiot (some opportunistic) fringe participating in rioting and looting. They weren't trying to kill the VP, and they aren't down the rabbit hole of believing one of the wealthiest countries in the world can't organise a secure mail in voting system.

On the censorship point... these are private platforms and publishers. They aren't obliged to carry his content. He has a press briefing room and also there is this thing called the internet. He can host a website and put out whatever shit he wants to. He has not been censored, his first amendment rights haven't been violated.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Good post, Axl S.

And the fact that the police were involved should not be a surprise. The FBI has been warning for years some police hold far-right views.

Also, this fact only underscores the validity of many BLM protests.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:

Ok, so cops involved.... And maybe some “actors” to jump start it all. If you already think Cops turned everything is on the table. Remember, the hundreds of thousands of Trump folks are about 15-20 minute walk away. Who knows who all was in that initial group of 100 people or so.

Cops were involved has been proven...you’re going off on conspiracy theory agains.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axl S wrote:

At the end of the day the BLM protests in the Summer were for a fight against a real problem: overall racial inequality and the issue of systemic racism within policing. At the end of the day, there is ample evidence surrounding the proportion of black Americans who are injured or killed in custody when compared with white Americans. It is a real problem, and something worth people protesting.

Did those protests sometimes spill over into violent rioting? Yes.

But the negative aspects of the BLM protests comparable to what happened last Wednesday? No.

If that attack on the capitol goes even more sideways and they don't evacuate the chamber in time, or the insurrectionists find the VP, any senator, any congressmen or staffers then you could have been looking at a disaster day scenario. And with what we have learned since then with some capitol police being involved it's even more worrying. Their chances of success were slim but that was a coup attempt. Just because it was unsuccessful, and unlikely to be , doesn't mean it can be ignored and whitewashed.

The whataboutism is insane. Say what you want about the current state of the far left in the west but the most extreme shit they've done recently is disrupt some public transport and roads in the name of protesting about the climate crisis and an idiot (some opportunistic) fringe participating in rioting and looting. They weren't trying to kill the VP, and they aren't down the rabbit hole of believing one of the wealthiest countries in the world can't organise a secure mail in voting system.

On the censorship point... these are private platforms and publishers. They aren't obliged to carry his content. He has a press briefing room and also there is this thing called the internet. He can host a website and put out whatever shit he wants to. He has not been censored, his first amendment rights haven't been violated.

You're making my point, I'm not talking protests, I'm talking riots and looting, which are NOT protests. Everyone is entitled to protest, no one is entitled to riot. There were right and left-wing groups storming federal/state capitals. They were copying each other. You cannot say "I agree with this message so the violence is undersandable" which is the message we were getting.

The far left shot up a softball game to massacre republicans. A Republican was near stabbed to death in California because he was a Republican. this is not whataboutism, we've been living with this violence. A senator was attacked on his own lawn. It should not be a debate about who's worse, any violence is wrong. Why don't we just have a debate on who's worse, Islamic terrorist or Christian?

These companies are operating within the public sphere, they don't charge for membership, they have to adhere to certain rights, especially Twitter who is now operating as a publisher (which Facebook is careful not to do). You cannot discriminate. If Trump broke the rules of their terms of service, fine. Ban him. If they banned him for the "good" of the public, that's a problem. It's not about Trump, but what they're allowing you to hear. Especially when real dictators like Russia, China and Iran are still allowed to have a voice there and spread disinformation and hate. Let's not pretend these companies don't have the power they do.

My problem goes deeper than Trump, this is control over speech, where anything considered anti woke is violent rhetoric, which is where this has been heading. What's wrong with having an open debate on the power of big tech and their influence on news, politics, and the dissemination of information? If it takes Trump to do it, then let's have it. This is the opportunity to do it.

Board footer