You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Current Events Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

I was logging in so it would pick up my new IP address meaning I wouldn't have to read this garbage anymore, but apparently I was unbanned at some point.  This thread is so far off the rails that there's no salvaging it.  Emotional responses with no thought put into them whatsoever.  James suffering from full on TDS to the point that he thinks censorship is ok.  Crazy times.

I have less than zero interest in participating in this discussion to the point that I was willing to have it blocked so that I couldn't read it any more.  ID and Chow are spot on.  Everything is brilliant until it backfires on you.  Do you really think censorship is going to do anything other than accelerate the divide?  Really?  We got Trump because a large group of people felt like they weren't being heard and now you want to silence them more.  Brilliant strategy.

Anyway, carry on.  The echo chamber in here is so disturbing, but you go on thinking you have it all figured out again until something happens to prove that you don't.  I'm out.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was logging in so it would pick up my new IP address meaning I wouldn't have to read this garbage anymore, but apparently I was unbanned at some point.  This thread is so far off the rails that there's no salvaging it.  Emotional responses with no thought put into them whatsoever.  James suffering from full on TDS to the point that he thinks censorship is ok.  Crazy times.

I have less than zero interest in participating in this discussion to the point that I was willing to have it blocked so that I couldn't read it any more.  ID and Chow are spot on.  Everything is brilliant until it backfires on you.  Do you really think censorship is going to do anything other than accelerate the divide?  Really?  We got Trump because a large group of people felt like they weren't being heard and now you want to silence them more.  Brilliant strategy.

Anyway, carry on.  The echo chamber in here is so disturbing, but you go on thinking you have it all figured out again until something happens to prove that you don't.  I'm out.

Bye felicia...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

Indeed.  The folks who laughed at Trump in the bunker when Antifa/BLM tried to storm the white house and who denied anything was amiss as far left groups terrorized police departments, statehouses and federal buildings across the country all summer is mindboggling.  They normalized this behavior and trying to weigh which is worse is a fool's game.  Reasonable people condemn all the violence and don't use emotional cries to justify violence and death from a cause they empathize towards. 

That the same people who created "alternative facts" calling riots 'mostly peaceful' as the city burned behind them is just cognitive dissonance at its finest.  Now we're pretending that this is the first time this has happened, despite protests in Pelosi's office just last year by far left groups.  And when pressed for the actual statistics they parrot shows the discrepancy, they just hand waive it and toss an insult. 

Some of us called out the violence all summer and are outraged this happened.  Others denied the violence all summer and refused to accept objective reality.  This isn't a matter of difference of opinion.  This is straight 1984 shit where the powers that be allied themselves with the brokers of information in the 21st century and they decide what is allowable speech.  These same outlets covered up the Hunter Biden story that we know to be true, because they wanted Biden in office.  60 minutes called this riot a constitutional crisis, but downplayed the riots and destruction at federal court houses and statehouses all summer long.

It's truly terrifying that one side wants to complete silence dissent and people on this forum are asking for a list of people they can go after and hold accountable.  Not a single one  of them condemns the "revolution" that inspired some nut to shoot up congress.  It doesn't matter that these people began to force entry while Trump was still speaking, or that ample video evidence of Pelosi and other Democratic leaders exists calling on their supporters to "rise up".  We're all supposed to stick our heads in the sand and pretend something unheard of occured and has no connection to the riots and lawlessness that was celebrated and championed by elected officials and media heads the past 7 months. 

I really feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

James, you owe an apology to ID.  That post was completely uncalled for and if you generally believe that, you're the one who has been spending too much time in the sewers of the internet.

The first amendment is the cornerstone of this country.  A baker refusing to make a cake for a homosexual couple is the greatest injustice of the last decade, but corporations aligning with Democratic politicians to silence opposition and the truth is celebrated.

So this is how Democracy dies.  To thunderous applause.

I pray to god this is resolved soon, cause if the nuts want a civil war it won't be the people confused about what a Y chromosome means standing victorious at the end.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Indeed.  The folks who laughed at Trump in the bunker when Antifa/BLM tried to storm the white house and who denied anything was amiss as far left groups terrorized police departments, statehouses and federal buildings across the country all summer is mindboggling.  They normalized this behavior and trying to weigh which is worse is a fool's game.  Reasonable people condemn all the violence and don't use emotional cries to justify violence and death from a cause they empathize towards. 

That the same people who created "alternative facts" calling riots 'mostly peaceful' as the city burned behind them is just cognitive dissonance at its finest.  Now we're pretending that this is the first time this has happened, despite protests in Pelosi's office just last year by far left groups.  And when pressed for the actual statistics they parrot shows the discrepancy, they just hand waive it and toss an insult. 

Some of us called out the violence all summer and are outraged this happened.  Others denied the violence all summer and refused to accept objective reality.  This isn't a matter of difference of opinion.  This is straight 1984 shit where the powers that be allied themselves with the brokers of information in the 21st century and they decide what is allowable speech.  These same outlets covered up the Hunter Biden story that we know to be true, because they wanted Biden in office.  60 minutes called this riot a constitutional crisis, but downplayed the riots and destruction at federal court houses and statehouses all summer long.

It's truly terrifying that one side wants to complete silence dissent and people on this forum are asking for a list of people they can go after and hold accountable.  Not a single one  of them condemns the "revolution" that inspired some nut to shoot up congress.  It doesn't matter that these people began to force entry while Trump was still speaking, or that ample video evidence of Pelosi and other Democratic leaders exists calling on their supporters to "rise up".  We're all supposed to stick our heads in the sand and pretend something unheard of occured and has no connection to the riots and lawlessness that was celebrated and championed by elected officials and media heads the past 7 months. 

I really feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

I just think that as long as all of this stuff is far away from you and never in your backyard it's easy for you to straddle that fence of inaction. Your philosophical arguments and abstract constitutional pontificating mean nothing in the real world where real things happen.

James, you owe an apology to ID.  That post was completely uncalled for and if you generally believe that, you're the one who has been spending too much time in the sewers of the internet.

You telling anyone to apologize is offensive and completely inappropriate. You should apologize for demanding anyone else here apologize.

Anyway...we're right back where we always were in this thread....idiots are geniuses and we'll do nothing and just wait for the next one.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James, did you enable the ignore feature we talked about in PMs?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It's finally dawned on me that this shit for brains country is going down the tubes and there's nothing we can do to stop it. And if Biden gets assisinated on election day you'll all shrug and dip back into the popcorn.

It's not worth saving and this country is worth losing at this point.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

YES PLEASE....so I can stop hearing 'well they did it first so what did you expect' or 'i know you are but what am i?'

I could stand to do without this pseudo-intellectual

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

YES PLEASE....so I can stop hearing 'well they did it first so what did you expect' or 'i know you are but what am i?'

Let’s ignore everyone that doesn’t agree with us. That will show them

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Hey Buzz ya absolute genius you. How's that herd immunity working out? Logged in to check your IP. Hahaha good one.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Let’s ignore everyone that doesn’t agree with us. That will show them

He's the one who brought it up...why didnt you call him out?

Oh...it's because he agrees with you.

Board footer