You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And the most diverse and only nation to integrate a formerly subjugated people as equals, but when you are self loathing, you'll find a reason to take issue with anything.  Do a substantial portion of European nation citizens loathe their country or is this a uniquely American problem?

16 16 16

If you think this is the only way to love America you're a whack job. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a Trump supporter.

https://sa.kapamilya.com/absnews/abscbn … n-flag.jpg

It's concerning that you need to look at the US like a child in social studies reading our white-washed history.

Who could've predicted this would be Mitch's response today?

Anyone who's actually read his posting history the past 4 years.

Sky Dog wrote:

There is a reason I don’t post in this thread. tongue

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Sorry to change the topic, but I want to share something that is going on in Ireland. You probably don't care, but I feel the world needs to know. I'll just share this brief video to give you an idea and if you want to know more just Google mother and baby homes in Ireland. Once again the Catholic Church shown to be nothing but filth here in the past (nuns ran the homes).  I don't even want to discuss it really, just want it to be known.

It is the current events thread so I thought it would be OK.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This was one of many homes. Over 900 babies found thrown down into a huge septic tank in one of the homes where they lay unknown for decades. I say homes, but they were more like prisons. The crime? Having a child out of wedlock.

Unbelievably they still lay there today.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mitch’s Team won, yet he is still miserable.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Damn prob shouldn't have posted that thread killer. Move on its all cool.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

This was one of many homes. Over 900 babies found thrown down into a huge septic tank in one of the homes where they lay unknown for decades. I say homes, but they were more like prisons. The crime? Having a child out of wedlock.

Unbelievably they still lay there today.

It’s awful man...and another testament to the dangers of organized religion and its insatiable desire for power and control over people.

I imagine these people are similar to American evangelicals.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Crazy the church could take mothers and children because they weren't married. The kids who survived the homes were promptly adopted to Americans for hefty prices. I'm so fucking mad. We are only finding out the true extent now.

There was a movie made a few years back on one of the homes, but without the knowledge we have now, but still awful. It's called The Magdalene Sisters. Anyway I'll drop the subject now.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to Biden talk compared to Trump, night and day.

Trump has these totally weird pauses when he speaks too.  Totally disrupts the flow of whatever he's trying to say.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Listening to Biden talk compared to Trump, night and day.

Trump has these totally weird pauses when he speaks too.  Totally disrupts the flow of whatever he's trying to say.

But Biden just now seemed so exhausted and worn out from today. Understandable but still.

Board footer