You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: What Gn’R related thing still excites you?

monkeychow wrote:

On the plus side, despite the endless hints at something coming out which doesn't, over the years there have been a lot of sources that say Axl had lots of unused songs and demos and ideas and stuff.

There's a bit of hyperbole around it but too many people have said something similar for me to discount it - so I think there's stuff like the leaks we got and probably a lot more at that type of "just an idea" level.

So I think there's quite a lot of potential for some of his ideas to be come out even decades after the ideas first spawned.

Sky Dog wrote:

Lots of stuff from the Chinese era for sure...no indication of anything other than TIL from close to the UYI period. Years of loose jams don’t count...no names of any Gnr songs until 99

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd still love to hear the full 1999 version of AFD, even if it is essentially a band jamming to practice for live performances.

I still hold out hope for an album from the current band, too. Would love to hear a new studio recording with Slash and Axl and Duff on it, just to bring things full circle. And I'm curious to hear what Fortus and Slash would sound like together in a studio setting.

And, yes, I'm looking forward to a new live gig, once I've had the vaccine. I don't care if the setlist's been played to death, it'll be cathartic.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

https://loudwire.com/ac-dc-angus-young- … -axl-rose/

This would have excited me...but no surprises really. Makes you wander what ‘busy’ Axl gets up to - certainly not releasing GNR music!

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl has a lot of things he’s involved in???? Trolling Trump???? 2

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Todd Kerns did an interview with Fortus recently. Not a whole lot going on but cool it was Kerns and Fortus.

Edit: here’s some of it https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … _like.html

Traditional GnR disclaimer - you won’t learn a lot. He does talk a little bit about the dynamics of nu GnR which I would classify as the most interesting thing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well, new music was at least mentioned. Kerns says he "knows there is new GNR music at some point".

Fortus at least gives the honest answer:

With Guns, it's all very secretive. It's all very weird, we're not really public. Those guys, especially, they're like, 'We don't talk about it, it happens when it happens.'

Meh.

Sky Dog wrote:

Code for “it happens when Axl wants it to happen.” Same old shit for over 25 years.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:

Todd Kerns did an interview with Fortus recently. Not a whole lot going on but cool it was Kerns and Fortus.

Edit: here’s some of it https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … _like.html

Traditional GnR disclaimer - you won’t learn a lot. He does talk a little bit about the dynamics of nu GnR which I would classify as the most interesting thing.

I do love reading between the lines of these things.

"[Rhythm guitar] is sort of a lost art but it is a real art. And that's something that I'm totally OK with diving into and living in that space. Fortunately, it's freer in our situation where Slash is really gracious to let me play."

"They were completely wasting my lead guitar chops."

"Frank and Duff spent a lot of time rehearsing, just the two of them. That's because Duff was a drummer so he knows exactly what he wants."

I refer you to the Matt Sorum book.

That is a fascinating interview, though, 'cos you've got two guys who've worked with Slash in very different settings, chewing the fat.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I love the Chinese era band.

I've said it before, it's an ex-girlfriend who didn't make it to the alter.

But what would be cool? Axl and crew, in the studio on Livestream, taking feedback from fans.

I'd love multiple versions of some songs. Like "Sorry" I want basically the album version but I also want an uptempo pop version. It'd be fun.

It'd be kinda like "Every Breath You Take", it's something people don't think it is.

Board footer