You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I was wondering if anyone around here saw the post flag made about me raising another man’s child and how pathetic that is. Along with mini deeply personal and severely underhanded comments below the belt.

When are we going to acknowledge that he’s a problem?

When are we going to acknowledge that you've used racial slurs here yet accuse others of doing it? Don't you think that might be a problem?

It's happening in both threads but I'm just going to address the mitch-Irish-Flagg issue here....

I don't know your personal lives. I also don't care(no offense). I only know what little gets told on the open forum other than the handful of times DTJ or someone else told me something in PMs. Back in 2006-08, I sometimes talked with members on messenger. I usually forget anything mentioned fairly quickly.

A lot of these little feuds going have lasted off and on for years. Sometimes there's a ceasefire. Sometimes the peace stays...until hostilities break out anyways.

Sometimes these feuds get personal....too personal. Those involved know a lot about one another, whether it's saying too much in the open, in PMs to various people, on social media, and believe it or not, through phone calls or meeting in person.

I have no influence, jurisdiction, or impact on anything that happens in those other areas. There's always more than meets the eye to these forum feuds.  I've learned that the hard way.

Don't want Flagg or someone else mentioning something in your personal life? Stop talking about your personal life...here or in private... anywhere members here can hear or see.

Stop fighting, baiting, or attempting to get into these public spats.  Nothing good ever comes from it. NOTHING.

None of you are innocent. Flagg can be on topic discussing Biden, Trump, whatever...and then one of you guys will jump in with some zinger that starts the shit show. Same with Flagg. You can be talking about something, he gets a little dig in, and it's off to the races....

I'm also sick of people claiming I take the side of a specific person. In a way it's funny because both sides have accused me of playing favorites with the other. I've also had both sides tell me I've done an ok job refereeing this shit. Then the attacks flare up again and it starts the whole cycle up again.

I'm not Little Red Riding Hood. I've been involved in some forum feuds before. You put your big boy pants on and move forward. Recently ID and I had a heated debate and I went a little too far. Did we turn it into some huge war that's gonna drag out for years? No. We addressed it in PMs and it's already over.

Flagg and SLC have an on/off feud that literally goes back to W's invasion of Iraq. I noticed on election night they actually had a brief discussion, no bullshit.

If they can bury the hatchet...even if never becoming friends again.... anyone can.

People not involved in it are sick of reading it. It kills the flow of discussion. It's time to man up, put the personal issues aside, and participate in the discussions. If anyone can't do that....just walk away.

It's a new chapter. Either participate in political discussions without the personal crap, insults, and baiting...or post in other forum sections or hit the logout button.

Before I get accused of aiming this at one person, it's for everyone.... including me.

Edit

mitchejw wrote:

II’ll bet there are members of this board that truly believe antifa attacked the capital.

This is a good example of one of the forms of baiting.  It's an attempt to get one of our red team members riled up and start a new round of fighting.

Yes....both sides do it. I'm pointing this one out specifically because it's the latest post.

There's a way to discuss these issues without doing that.

Listen James...it truly is my bad for sharing a few personal details about myself...my bad...

But calling me some sort of cuck  boy for raising someone else’s child is way across the line.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I was wondering if anyone around here saw the post flag made about me raising another man’s child and how pathetic that is. Along with mini deeply personal and severely underhanded comments below the belt.

When are we going to acknowledge that he’s a problem?

When are we going to acknowledge that you've used racial slurs here yet accuse others of doing it? Don't you think that might be a problem?

It's happening in both threads but I'm just going to address the mitch-Irish-Flagg issue here....

I don't know your personal lives. I also don't care(no offense). I only know what little gets told on the open forum other than the handful of times DTJ or someone else told me something in PMs. Back in 2006-08, I sometimes talked with members on messenger. I usually forget anything mentioned fairly quickly.

A lot of these little feuds going have lasted off and on for years. Sometimes there's a ceasefire. Sometimes the peace stays...until hostilities break out anyways.

Sometimes these feuds get personal....too personal. Those involved know a lot about one another, whether it's saying too much in the open, in PMs to various people, on social media, and believe it or not, through phone calls or meeting in person.

I have no influence, jurisdiction, or impact on anything that happens in those other areas. There's always more than meets the eye to these forum feuds.  I've learned that the hard way.

Don't want Flagg or someone else mentioning something in your personal life? Stop talking about your personal life...here or in private... anywhere members here can hear or see.

Stop fighting, baiting, or attempting to get into these public spats.  Nothing good ever comes from it. NOTHING.

None of you are innocent. Flagg can be on topic discussing Biden, Trump, whatever...and then one of you guys will jump in with some zinger that starts the shit show. Same with Flagg. You can be talking about something, he gets a little dig in, and it's off to the races....

I'm also sick of people claiming I take the side of a specific person. In a way it's funny because both sides have accused me of playing favorites with the other. I've also had both sides tell me I've done an ok job refereeing this shit. Then the attacks flare up again and it starts the whole cycle up again.

I'm not Little Red Riding Hood. I've been involved in some forum feuds before. You put your big boy pants on and move forward. Recently ID and I had a heated debate and I went a little too far. Did we turn it into some huge war that's gonna drag out for years? No. We addressed it in PMs and it's already over.

Flagg and SLC have an on/off feud that literally goes back to W's invasion of Iraq. I noticed on election night they actually had a brief discussion, no bullshit.

If they can bury the hatchet...even if never becoming friends again.... anyone can.

People not involved in it are sick of reading it. It kills the flow of discussion. It's time to man up, put the personal issues aside, and participate in the discussions. If anyone can't do that....just walk away.

It's a new chapter. Either participate in political discussions without the personal crap, insults, and baiting...or post in other forum sections or hit the logout button.

Before I get accused of aiming this at one person, it's for everyone.... including me.

Edit

mitchejw wrote:

II’ll bet there are members of this board that truly believe antifa attacked the capital.

This is a good example of one of the forms of baiting.  It's an attempt to get one of our red team members riled up and start a new round of fighting.

Yes....both sides do it. I'm pointing this one out specifically because it's the latest post.

Listen James...it truly is my bad for sharing a few personal details about myself...my bad...

But calling me some sort of cuck  boy for raising someone else’s child is way across the line.

I agree it was below the belt. Having said that, it's not the only dig here that crosses the line. When people get into heated discussions about politics...and it's people already pissed off at one another...and they all know things about one another....they hit below the belt. This is true whether it's here or somewhere else.

Everyone can get along here... including adversaries. Hell...we all have at least one thing in common. We've known each other forever. All the childish insults and personal jabs completely unnecessary.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Edit

I agree it was below the belt. Having said that, it's not the only dig here that crosses the line. When people get into heated discussions about politics...and it's people already pissed off at one another...and they all know things about one another....they hit below the belt. This is true whether it's here or somewhere else.

Everyone can get along here... including adversaries. Hell...we all have at least one thing in common. We've known each other forever. All the childish insults and personal jabs completely unnecessary.

The guy is constantly going below the belt with obnoxious and condescending attacks/posts. This thread actually resembled intelligent and polite discourse that week or so he decided he was going to piss off - then he came back and it promptly returned to the gutter.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Jimmy with the bingo.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

No comment on the horrible take by Elizabeth Warren?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I think when people say "Hey wtf, why is this dude allowed to take these highly personal digs at me" the response here shouldn't be - "well you shouldn't have shared that info about yourselves then" instead of "you're right, what they said was fucked up and crosses a line". It blames the person who was attacked, not the person who was actually being a dick. Just my two cents.

Best advice to both Mitch and Irish. Just ignore Rocky. He doesn't debate in good faith, looks for any thread to pull on to get a rise and ignores inconvenient truths that are pointed out to him. I agree with Jimmy and Mitch, this thread had some good discussion (with lots of healthy disagreement) until he came back and shat it up. It's disappointing that he constantly gets a pass for this shit.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

-Accidentally quoted myself when I meant to edit-

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Edit: NM

Board footer