You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, some folks in Congress are calling AOC out for saying a mob was outside her office and we're actively trying to kill her while she hid behind a door. Apparently, the crowd never reached her hallway, and she was never in any danger -- and weren't they looking to kill Pence?

But if AOC and her squad are saying there are white supremacists in congress, shouldn't they name names so we can hold public hearings? And if they're found to be lying, shouldn't they be expelled?

Why is such an effort being made to minimize what happened that day?

Josh Hawley is voting no on everything and cheered them on. The next time the capitol is raided (and trust me it will happen) will he cheer them on again?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm straddling the fence on that issue...

Is she exaggerating her role in that situation? Yes. It doesn't minimize the magnitude of what happened that day.

Here's what minimizes it....

It's already been turned into a political game. Nothing will happen to the congressmen/women who participated in the insurrection, failed coup, or whatever we're calling it now.

The fact that there weren't immediate and dire consequences to their actions showed us how this was going to play out.

A handful of plebes got arrested. One of them was just allowed to take a vacation to Mexico. In other words.... it's not being taken seriously. They will get a slap on the wrist. Politicians are whining about cancel culture.

While I do believe it was worthy of a major crackdown including arrests and resignations,  our hyper-partisan culture that treats politics as entertainment ensured nothing substantial would happen.

His impeachment trial will just be a bonus episode of Trump world. Nothing substantial will happen. It is a waste of time...or maybe it's not. They get to delay their work on the stimulus.

We have bigger fish to fry now that it's obvious that they're getting away with it.

Yes it will happen again and yes....it will be much worse the second time around. I predict that the second attempt will be a terrorist attack with several politicians being assassinated. It will probably happen around the midterms.

US politics is morphing into a Tom Clancy novel set during an Idiocracy.

I wish he was alive to see this shit.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I'm straddling the fence on that issue...

Is she exaggerating her role in that situation? Yes. It doesn't minimize the magnitude of what happened that day.

Here's what minimizes it....

It's already been turned into a political game. Nothing will happen to the congressmen/women who participated in the insurrection, failed coup, or whatever we're calling it now.

The fact that there weren't immediate and dire consequences to their actions showed us how this was going to play out.

A handful of plebes got arrested. One of them was just allowed to take a vacation to Mexico. In other words.... it's not being taken seriously. They will get a slap on the wrist. Politicians are whining about cancel culture.

While I do believe it was worthy of a major crackdown including arrests and resignations,  our hyper-partisan culture that treats politics as entertainment ensured nothing substantial would happen.

His impeachment trial will just be a bonus episode of Trump world. Nothing substantial will happen. It is a waste of time...or maybe it's not. They get to delay their work on the stimulus.

We have bigger fish to fry now that it's obvious that they're getting away with it.

Yes it will happen again and yes....it will be much worse the second time around. I predict that the second attempt will be a terrorist attack with several politicians being assassinated. It will probably happen around the midterms.

US politics is morphing into a Tom Clancy novel set during an Idiocracy.

I wish he was alive to see this shit.

I agree with the political part where the people in Congress are just treating it like another political issue.  That being said, some of these idiots who participated in this are getting nailed on multiple indictment felony charges NOW.

That person you mentioned about the Mexican vacation just got indicted on five charges, and one of those is a felony.  From what I've read, a lot of these people are getting felony charges.  So on that point, I totally disagree.  The FBI/DOJ aint fucking around here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

So, some folks in Congress are calling AOC out for saying a mob was outside her office and we're actively trying to kill her while she hid behind a door. Apparently, the crowd never reached her hallway, and she was never in any danger -- and weren't they looking to kill Pence?

But if AOC and her squad are saying there are white supremacists in congress, shouldn't they name names so we can hold public hearings? And if they're found to be lying, shouldn't they be expelled?

Josh Hawley is voting no on everything and cheered them on. The next time the capitol is raided (and trust me it will happen) will he cheer them on again?

I've not seen anyone minimize it. She was called out by her neighbor in congress, who pointed out everyone was scared, but what she claimed happened wasn't true.

I didn't hear you upset when dems were doing this exact thing, literally minimizing months of riots if not outright supporting them, and calling for harassment to republicans. Maxine Waters and Steve Cohen need to be expelled with Greene. Anyone who accused anyone in congress of being a white supremacists should be made to name names and then have hearings. And there should be repercussions if they're lying. Agree?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It appears that Kyle rittenhouse is missing. No one knows where he is but he has been photographed flashing white supremacy hand signals.

Boy this is a far cry from having someone kneel on the back of his neck.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've not seen anyone minimize it. She was called out by her neighbor in congress, who pointed out everyone was scared, but what she claimed happened wasn't true.

I didn't hear you upset when dems were doing this exact thing, literally minimizing months of riots if not outright supporting them, and calling for harassment to republicans. Maxine Waters and Steve Cohen need to be expelled with Greene. Anyone who accused anyone in congress of being a white supremacists should be made to name names and then have hearings. And there should be repercussions if they're lying. Agree?

The problem is what constitutes evidence for you? For some nothing short of a flat out admission using the words ‘I am a white supremacists Will do.’

The way things are going no one with power will be held accountable. No one that actually organized in lead the charge will get in trouble. Just peons  on the ground

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The problem is what constitutes evidence for you? For some nothing short of a flat out admission using the words ‘I am a white supremacists Will do.’

The way things are going no one with power will be held accountable. No one that actually organized in lead the charge will get in trouble. Just peons  on the ground

Yes, they need evidence that shows there are white supremacists. Because right now, they're the conspiracy theorists spreading disinformation.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/america-trad … 50557.html

Looks like Trumps trade tactics failed.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I'm going to make a really strange/weird response to this (ie white supremacy/racists in Congress).   I really don't care if you are a (insert questionable/controversial viewpoint here) say racist here.  As long as you bring in the federal bucks and don't make a fool out of yourself and take care of your district/state and tend to their concerns/issues of your constieunts. 

I mean some of these congress people, they are just there and just don't do anything.  I mean they don't sponsor legislation etc..  I get why people are frustrated at Congress.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Is Kyle rittenhouse still missing?

Guess he’ll never know what it’s like to die in police custody

Board footer