You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's my favorite...when someone tells another citizen of this country they can leave at any time and then accuse the same person of being hateful.

Ha, I didn’t say anything about that. Hope you guys are having a nice weekend

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's my favorite...when someone tells another citizen of this country they can leave at any time and then accuse the same person of being hateful.

??

You don't like the country, you don't like the government, you don't like the people, you don't like your own race, and then you tie your self-hating white guy rage up with your hate of the country, so I don't know what else to tell you -- you're staying in a place you hate with people you hate. You don't have to. But instead of fixing it, you make it your mission to be snotty to people, you piss on any post that doesn't conform to your dislikes. And I honestly have no idea why you like being so miserable, especially when you tout all the success you've had in this country, yet you bitch more than anyone I've ever met about how bad everything is. And from what you've posted, everything that's gone bad or wrong for you has been from bad decisions you've made, not the country against you. So you're not a real beacon of good judgement, here.

Maybe just take a vacation or something. Lighten up. (I told you Trump wasn't your issue, which you swore it was, and nothing would change for you once he was gone)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We're dealing with two major foreign policy crises simultaneously. It could potentially spread our military very thin...and what happens if the Middle East flares up, North Korea, or some Black Swan event?

Russia has 85k troops on the border with more on the way and Putin currently won't negotiate.

China and the US are having a standoff in the South China Sea....and China is flying more jets near Taiwan.

This could get hot really quick.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

We're dealing with two major foreign policy crises simultaneously. It could potentially spread our military very thin...and what happens if the Middle East flares up, North Korea, or some Black Swan event?

Russia has 85k troops on the border with more on the way and Putin currently won't negotiate.

China and the US are having a standoff in the South China Sea....and China is flying more jets near Taiwan.

They can't really do anything with either of these issues.  They are both on the other guy's "main turf".  Plus, I'm pretty sure we depend on China and need them more than they need us (cough...all those MADE IN CHINA goods..that the US citzens seem to buy).

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

They can't really do anything with either of these issues.  They are both on the other guy's "main turf".  Plus, I'm pretty sure we depend on China and need them more than they need us (cough...all those MADE IN CHINA goods..that the US citzens seem to buy).

Ha! So much of that Trump MAGA stuff was made in China, it's ridiculous.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Normally I would agree. Worse case scenario would be a proxy war/arming the Russian/Chinese adversaries.

This isn't a normal situation.

As we speak/type, the perfect flashpoint to ignite either WWIII or a major conventional European conflict is being placed on the global chessboard.

Putin told both Biden and Merkel that his period of tolerance is over. Upcoming military exercises along with thousands of NATO/EU troops will be shuffling around the Baltics and the Black Sea.

Russia is sending up to 150k troops to the border.

This is not like past stalemates or sabre rattling.

Even if the situation appears static, an itchy trigger finger could unleash hell. Look up Able Archer. Huge NATO exercise almost caused the Russians to panic.

Imagine that situation in the midst of a full blown crisis.

Yes we buy all our crap from China and Europe needs gas from Russia...but that doesn't mean nothing can happen.  Either one making a move shows they are willing to risk imploding their economy short term in the desire to achieve long term goals (annexation of Ukraine, invading Taiwan).

I think the Ukraine issue is currently much more dangerous than the China situation.

China is not getting an invasion force ready.

Russia is.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Biden’s America seems like a gigantic cluster fuck.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Kinda like how the whole country was rioting and Trump was posing for pictures and taking hydroxychloriquin for shits and giggles?

Fuck Trump

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Kinda like how the whole country was rioting and Trump was posing for pictures and taking hydroxychloriquin for shits and giggles?

Fuck Trump

Yes, I was mocking you. Many of your kind blamed Trump for riots but not Obama during Ferguson or Biden now. Funny how that shit works.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Local leaders have more impact on your life, and it's pretty clear that woke progressives, not democrats as a whole, but wokesters have absolutely no ability to govern or lead. Jesus, they can't handle a crisis, and every time they implement progressive legislation they end up with skyrocketing crime AND worse income disparity. With the media fixation on Abbot and DeSantis, why are progressive states having spikes with covid?

This isn't letting republicans off the hook, but the obsession with Georgia voting laws is a good example of how news is manipulated and framed as the majority of blue states have STRICTER voting laws than GA. The disinformation is egregious. Biden has been giving Trump a run for his money on lying. Washington Post is the only msm news outlet to call him out on it, he's been getting four Pinocchios every time he talks/lies about Georgia voting laws. Why haven't more media outlets talked about this? He just caused the greatest humanitarian crisis at our border in modern history. *crickets*

Biden, just yesterday, said that he promised he'd follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell... He NEVER said this. John McCain did. And Biden told Obama NOT to take him out. Not a peep about this lie from the gatekeepers of truth.

Board footer