You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Local leaders have more impact on your life, and it's pretty clear that woke progressives, not democrats as a whole, but wokesters have absolutely no ability to govern or lead. Jesus, they can't handle a crisis, and every time they implement progressive legislation they end up with skyrocketing crime AND worse income disparity. With the media fixation on Abbot and DeSantis, why are progressive states having spikes with covid?

This isn't letting republicans off the hook, but the obsession with Georgia voting laws is a good example of how news is manipulated and framed as the majority of blue states have STRICTER voting laws than GA. The disinformation is egregious. Biden has been giving Trump a run for his money on lying. Washington Post is the only msm news outlet to call him out on it, he's been getting four Pinocchios every time he talks/lies about Georgia voting laws. Why haven't more media outlets talked about this? He just caused the greatest humanitarian crisis at our border in modern history. *crickets*

Biden, just yesterday, said that he promised he'd follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell... He NEVER said this. John McCain did. And Biden told Obama NOT to take him out. Not a peep about this lie from the gatekeepers of truth.

Yep, and Jen Psaki is worse than Trumps last couple of press secretaries.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Local leaders have more impact on your life, and it's pretty clear that woke progressives, not democrats as a whole, but wokesters have absolutely no ability to govern or lead. Jesus, they can't handle a crisis, and every time they implement progressive legislation they end up with skyrocketing crime AND worse income disparity. With the media fixation on Abbot and DeSantis, why are progressive states having spikes with covid?

This isn't letting republicans off the hook, but the obsession with Georgia voting laws is a good example of how news is manipulated and framed as the majority of blue states have STRICTER voting laws than GA. The disinformation is egregious. Biden has been giving Trump a run for his money on lying. Washington Post is the only msm news outlet to call him out on it, he's been getting four Pinocchios every time he talks/lies about Georgia voting laws. Why haven't more media outlets talked about this? He just caused the greatest humanitarian crisis at our border in modern history. *crickets*

Biden, just yesterday, said that he promised he'd follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell... He NEVER said this. John McCain did. And Biden told Obama NOT to take him out. Not a peep about this lie from the gatekeepers of truth.

K

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

She's the worst yet.

Always says she'll circle back to it but she never does.  It's not like she's in a hostile environment....she's constantly pitched softballs and you hear crickets from the people who criticized the previous press secretaries.

If you're going to hire an airhead, hire one that looks like a model.

We're entering full blown Idiocracy. When I see these types in these positions and I remember the days of Marlin Fitzwater and Dee Dee Myers, it makes me realize how far we've truly fallen to where there's no way back to anything resembling normalcy or sanity.

Whether it's her or some other dipshit, half the country will worship her every move, the other half will hate her, just like with the last one, with both sides too busy slinging mud to see what a clusterfuck it really is.

misterID wrote:

With the media fixation on Abbot and DeSantis, why are progressive states having spikes with covid?

This is one of those inconvenient truths they like to dance around....their "fact checkers" really don't like it.

States opening back up fully and fucking off with the masks are having some better statistics than some states in lockdown where they want you wearing two masks the moment you walk out the door.

My favorite boo boo was when the experts let it slip out that the vaccine doesn't actually prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it...and you still gotta wear masks and gloves and today they just announced you'll probably need more vaccines next year.

Im sick of this whole dystopic dance towards the gates of hell. Just admit normal is a thing of the past. People will go along with it. We've already been socially engineered to go along with ten tons of nonsense. Half the country believes climate change is a hoax and the other half believes women have penises.

TPTB know we have shit for brains.

They told us last year what the future is going to be....Time Magazine even had a cover story on it.

The Great Reset

The worst part of it(to me) was that infamous quote....

You'll own nothing....and be happy.

They've already ruined our country anyways.

Just get it over with.

Biden, just yesterday, said that he promised he'd follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell... He NEVER said this

He doesn't remember what he had for lunch. He's not going to remember what he said 10 years ago.

how news is manipulated and framed

I'm really sick of this and it's a travesty that there was no resistance to it.

It was one of the first signs we were entering a dystopia.

The news today doesn't line up with your point of view? That's ok... just change the channel. That news will perfectly fit your POV.

It's grotesque.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

[My favorite boo boo was when the experts let it slip out that the vaccine doesn't actually prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it...and you still gotta wear masks and gloves and today they just announced you'll probably need more vaccines next year.

It's never been hidden that the vaccines the vaccines don't have 100% efficacy, most vaccines don't. Anything about 50% is typically good. The Covid vaccines were reported to be anywhere from 70-90%, that's fantastic. Folk still gotta wear masks because not everyone is vaccinated and there's ultimately no guarantee that those who have are immune. Once most folk are vaccinated then pathways for transmission are cut off and the risk of health services being overwhelmed is also gone. Next year new vaccines will be needed to a) protect against any new strains that have emerged and b) give an immunity boost, we ultimately don't know how long these vaccines provide immunity.

None of that has been hidden. It's been discussed for months now. I don't see how this is experts letting this "slip out".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've never heard anything about a third shot, or annual boosters until last night. I did hear that one shot significantly lowers your risk.

Seeing how operation warp speed played out, and the fact they've made break throughs while creating a covid vaccine to create an HIV vaccine, why can't they do something similar with cancer and dementia? The latter would lead to cures to all sorts of other neurological diseases. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but I don't trust big pharma, and I wouldn't put it past them that they've shelved better treatments because too much money is made in lesser effective treatments. I don't know, it's odd they were saying a vaccine could take five years until Trump initiated warp speed.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I really enjoy Jen Psaki...I find the criticism here odd in light of the fact that we had press secretaries under Trump who didn't answer a single question over the course of 4 years. The whole thing was made into a spectacle like everything Trump does.

I don't really understand the purpose of these press briefs anyway. Everybody's mind are made up about everything so why bother with them?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

She's the worst yet.

Always says she'll circle back to it but she never does.  It's not like she's in a hostile environment....she's constantly pitched softballs and you hear crickets from the people who criticized the previous press secretaries.

If you're going to hire an airhead, hire one that looks like a model.

We're entering full blown Idiocracy. When I see these types in these positions and I remember the days of Marlin Fitzwater and Dee Dee Myers, it makes me realize how far we've truly fallen to where there's no way back to anything resembling normalcy or sanity.

Whether it's her or some other dipshit, half the country will worship her every move, the other half will hate her, just like with the last one, with both sides too busy slinging mud to see what a clusterfuck it really is.

misterID wrote:

With the media fixation on Abbot and DeSantis, why are progressive states having spikes with covid?

This is one of those inconvenient truths they like to dance around....their "fact checkers" really don't like it.

States opening back up fully and fucking off with the masks are having some better statistics than some states in lockdown where they want you wearing two masks the moment you walk out the door.

My favorite boo boo was when the experts let it slip out that the vaccine doesn't actually prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it...and you still gotta wear masks and gloves and today they just announced you'll probably need more vaccines next year.

Im sick of this whole dystopic dance towards the gates of hell. Just admit normal is a thing of the past. People will go along with it. We've already been socially engineered to go along with ten tons of nonsense. Half the country believes climate change is a hoax and the other half believes women have penises.

TPTB know we have shit for brains.

They told us last year what the future is going to be....Time Magazine even had a cover story on it.

The Great Reset

The worst part of it(to me) was that infamous quote....

You'll own nothing....and be happy.

They've already ruined our country anyways.

Just get it over with.

Biden, just yesterday, said that he promised he'd follow Bin Laden to the gates of hell... He NEVER said this

He doesn't remember what he had for lunch. He's not going to remember what he said 10 years ago.

how news is manipulated and framed

I'm really sick of this and it's a travesty that there was no resistance to it.

It was one of the first signs we were entering a dystopia.

The news today doesn't line up with your point of view? That's ok... just change the channel. That news will perfectly fit your POV.

It's grotesque.

Ugh...I'm so tired of this rope-a-dope argument. Those of us who lean on the side of conservative thinking have a ways to go.

Making fun of Biden's age is absurd given that it wasn't an issue for Trump. Trump sounded like he had a stroke daily.

I come to expect 'manipulation' from the media because that's what the public demands and that's what conservative, non-censorship government will produce. It's not going to change unless you favor government regulation...which I'm sure most here don't. So why continue to complain about this?

The highest rated 'news' programs in this country are people who lie through their teeth on a daily basis (see Tucker Carlson). The more bullshit they feed their audiences, the more they want it. That's on the consumer, not on the provider.

I fear that you read a lot of misinformation on the vaccines James...and there is a ton of it...and you've held the process to an inconsistent standard. You've opined many times that the handling of the pandemic shouldn't be made political yet divide the states into progressive and conservatives states and compare their handling without fully looking into the purpose of why each state handled things the way they did. I'm getting tired of the circular logic surrounding this and if people want to throw up their hands and say fuck it (seems like that's the phase we're in now) then by all means go ahead. Fuck...how many people in this country are refusing to get vaccinated simply because Trump (who got the vaccine) told them not to.

A lot of the argument can be boiled down to a few things.

One...people just don't give a fuck about much. Those that have railed against the government are mostly just toddlers throwing tantrums because they a) don't want to be informed b) need someone to blame c) express their frustration for having to go through this...

Two...people are pissed about how they've been damaged economically and how not everyone has been treated equally with the bail outs and government aid. It has built resentment but in my opinion the resentment is misplaced. Our society creates classes of people. Those on top get what they want and have enormous backing from the government and the IRS. If you're going to 'love' the USA so much you have to accept that this is what a capitalist society with a weak government has produced. Those on the bottom rung will always fight for the scraps. That's the way we've agreed to do it.

Three...people don't care about other people. Maybe this was always the case but I think the combination of Trump and the pandemic produced a unique combination of selfishness and greed. I posted a long time back that our new national anthem should be 'I don't care about you' from the spaghetti incident. I forget who did it originally. I still believe that to this day.

Imagine if we had all cooperated over that past year plus about this? Imagine if Trump put his ego aside and stopped saying and doing stupid shit in public and then be one of the first in line to get the vaccine? Imagine if we just did what the Dems proposed at the beginning and take care of everyone all along? Imagine if we just paid people to stay home for 2 months at the beginning of all this....and how much cheaper that would've been compared to what we actually did.

There isn't anything united about us anymore. People will willingly choose to hurt someone else rather than help themselves right now. They do it at every opportunity.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

[My favorite boo boo was when the experts let it slip out that the vaccine doesn't actually prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it...and you still gotta wear masks and gloves and today they just announced you'll probably need more vaccines next year.

It's never been hidden that the vaccines the vaccines don't have 100% efficacy, most vaccines don't. Anything about 50% is typically good. The Covid vaccines were reported to be anywhere from 70-90%, that's fantastic. Folk still gotta wear masks because not everyone is vaccinated and there's ultimately no guarantee that those who have are immune. Once most folk are vaccinated then pathways for transmission are cut off and the risk of health services being overwhelmed is also gone. Next year new vaccines will be needed to a) protect against any new strains that have emerged and b) give an immunity boost, we ultimately don't know how long these vaccines provide immunity.

None of that has been hidden. It's been discussed for months now. I don't see how this is experts letting this "slip out".

We know very little about these vaccines.  They're pulling a couple of them due to short term risks of blood clotting. I wonder what the long term risks are? We don't know. The experts don't know either. It was rushed.

In the current environment, you're not even allowed to ask such simple questions without being painted as some antivax loon.

As you can see from Mitch's response to my post, it's happening to me. I'm a fake news reading alt right fascist for having the gall to question anything.

We must worship at the altar of the official narrative....even though it will do a 180 in a couple weeks and you gotta switch over to that one.

I was referring to the overall coverage since this started. I'm aware they're discussing all this now.

They're also now pushing stuff that 6-8 months ago was mocked as alt right Trumper conspiracy nonsense.

I don't know, it's odd they were saying a vaccine could take five years until Trump initiated warp speed.

I remember this. When Trump mentioned wanting a vaccine, CNN(and others) were criticizing rushing a vaccine to market.

They did a 180 as soon as the Trump era was nearing its end.

If the world was still normal, nobody would be  outraged over some people questioning the rollout of this. They might not agree with it of course but they wouldn't be surprised by it.

Making fun of Biden's age is absurd given that it wasn't an issue for Trump.

Wasn't an issue?!? What? We endured years of talk about him being senile, on drugs, and you just brought up how it sounded like he was a stroke victim....yet claim it wasn't an issue.

I come to expect 'manipulation' from the media because that's what the public demands and that's what conservative, non-censorship government will produce.

The public was never demanding to be manipulated. We were intentionally steered in this direction.

I fear that you read a lot of misinformation on the vaccines James...

And there it is....

Anything not the official narrative is alt right conspiracy nonsense to be mocked......

Until it becomes the official narrative itself and then pretend it had never been mocked in the first place.

A great example of this is the so called vaccine passports.

Another example is the microchip. Laughed at through all of 2020 but guess what was just unveiled by the Pentagon?

Remember when masks were a no no until they became mandatory? We were told they didn't do a goddamn thing....and then they became lifesavers.

These things were misinformation.... until they became the official narrative.

In today's big tech/ big pharma dystopia, misinformation is just the next official narrative waiting in the wings.

You've opined many times that the handling of the pandemic shouldn't be made political

It shouldn't have. It instantly turned it into a shit show.  It was no longer about trying to genuinely save lives and pull us out of a pandemic.

It became a red vs blue game with the media fanning the flames.

Did you see what happened a couple days ago? A guy from CNN got caught on camera saying that they pushed Covid for ratings and to make Trump look worse and hopefully lose the election. Social media is currently censoring this and trying to memory hole it. A journalist was banned from Twitter yesterday for having the gall to post about it.

On the other side of the fence, we saw the crap about it being a liberal/Chinese hoax.  Just unbelievable levels of stupidity....yet they really pushed that.

yet divide the states into progressive and conservatives states and compare their handling without fully looking into the purpose of why each state handled things the way they did.

That's because it was turned into that and it was clearly by design. You literally cannot discuss or read about the pandemic without it turning into this.

Yes I've looked into it.  You can twist the statistics into however many pretzels you want. They're still the same statistics.

A lot of the argument can be boiled down to a few things.

Yes those are all valid points.

You're right...it hasn't always been like this. It's part of the social engineering that's been happening with smart phones, social media outlets, and the bat shit crazy news cycle the past decade.

Our society is being manipulated 24/7 into the monster you see today. It's only going to get worse.

I truly think we're beyond saving. There's no going back now.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

another sad day...and another tragedy...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives. Trump is selling his merchandise again. The America First caucus promotes 'anglo-saxon' policies.

The GOP seems to be collecting some of the most deplorable human beings they can possibly find. And they seem to be in a race to who can out-deplorable each other.

They're now tripling down on Trump and his acolytes. Trump is now selling his merchandise again. He's going to try and dominate news cycles again.

I don't see how any of this makes sense electorally.

Board footer