You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

You really have to ask yourself what's motivating Trump. I don't think he likes politics. He likes attention and power. He's still trying to relive some 80s fantasy that will never exist again.

That tactics he takes...the lies he repeats over and over and over again...all just so he can win. He's willing to create an alternate universe to win. He's willing incite violence to win. He wants revenge. He doesn't give a fuck about you or me or America. He wants revenge. He wants blind loyalty. And he's willing to go to any length to sooth his wounded ego.

He states outright falsehoods and incites anger and violence on social media then claims censorship when they won't allow him to continue.

He just won't stop upping the anti...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

If DeSantis runs, that is ballgame. That dude has what it takes.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

A lot of republicans are wanting him to run, and he's smart and more moderate than most conservatives, but I'm not sure he has "it." I still think Haley will be a force to be reckoned with. I'd only get behind a populist if I ever voted Republican. The Vance/Carlson (whatever you think about him) wing are a burgeoning movement with Republicans with their anti corporatist views. Traditional/W. Bush conservatives hate them, so that's a good sign. Tucker is more in line with Elizabeth Warren than most Democrats are.

I really like Crenshaw but he's dealing with major eye issues now. He's had another eye surgery that's left him blind for the next month.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives. Trump is selling his merchandise again. The America First caucus promotes 'anglo-saxon' policies.

The GOP seems to be collecting some of the most deplorable human beings they can possibly find. And they seem to be in a race to who can out-deplorable each other.

They're now tripling down on Trump and his acolytes. Trump is now selling his merchandise again. He's going to try and dominate news cycles again.

I don't see how any of this makes sense electorally.

Republican Twitter thinks she's a clown and mercilessly ridicules her and Gaetz (which is why she jumped away from that dopey America first thing). But the media is really working hard to make her a thing. They need a new Trump.

And no one cares more about Trump than progressives.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

This is a liberal journalist:


mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives. Trump is selling his merchandise again. The America First caucus promotes 'anglo-saxon' policies.

The GOP seems to be collecting some of the most deplorable human beings they can possibly find. And they seem to be in a race to who can out-deplorable each other.

They're now tripling down on Trump and his acolytes. Trump is now selling his merchandise again. He's going to try and dominate news cycles again.

I don't see how any of this makes sense electorally.

Republican Twitter thinks she's a clown and mercilessly ridicules her and Gaetz (which is why she jumped away from that dopey America first thing). But the media is really working hard to make her a thing. They need a new Trump.

And no one cares more about Trump than progressives.

I don’t know where you get this...

He’s still a relevant figure. He’s still participating in the political climate.

More crying about the media too? I just don’t get it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

A lot of republicans are wanting him to run, and he's smart and more moderate than most conservatives, but I'm not sure he has "it." I still think Haley will be a force to be reckoned with. I'd only get behind a populist if I ever voted Republican. The Vance/Carlson (whatever you think about him) wing are a burgeoning movement with Republicans with their anti corporatist views. Traditional/W. Bush conservatives hate them, so that's a good sign. Tucker is more in line with Elizabeth Warren than most Democrats are.

I really like Crenshaw but he's dealing with major eye issues now. He's had another eye surgery that's left him blind for the next month.

It’ll be fun watching anyone reasonable crash and burn because the Trump contingent still exists.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives. Trump is selling his merchandise again. The America First caucus promotes 'anglo-saxon' policies.

The GOP seems to be collecting some of the most deplorable human beings they can possibly find. And they seem to be in a race to who can out-deplorable each other.

They're now tripling down on Trump and his acolytes. Trump is now selling his merchandise again. He's going to try and dominate news cycles again.

I don't see how any of this makes sense electorally.

Republican Twitter thinks she's a clown and mercilessly ridicules her and Gaetz (which is why she jumped away from that dopey America first thing). But the media is really working hard to make her a thing. They need a new Trump.

And no one cares more about Trump than progressives.

I don’t know where you get this...

He’s still a relevant figure. He’s still participating in the political climate.

More crying about the media too? I just don’t get it.

How am I "crying" about the media? You're repeating exactly what they're broadcasting about Trump/Greene. She's a nodody, yet they're getting the sheep to talk and fret about her, which only gets her more attention from the other sheep. I wonder why?

Trump isn't on social media anymore and rarely gives interviews, but here we are.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives.

The media is trying to turn her into the next Trump.

She had zero power and influence until the media gave it to her. In a normal world, she would've been mocked week one and then ignored completely on the national level. She would've lost reelection.

Thanks to the media...she's a rising star. That's exactly what they want.


I can't stand her or that imbecile from Colorado. CNN really wants her to be another Trump.

I'm calling it now....one of those two becomes Senator in the next election.


He's going to try and dominate news cycles again

Do not blame Trump for this. You can thank the media outlets you watch/read for giving him that much power/influence.


It isn't surprising that the media is wanting to double down on Trumpism. Their coverage of Biden is lacking to say the least.

Since we've entered an era where specific media outlets can't truly criticize their side's president, they need something to fill their programs with content.

You criticized Fox for airing nonsense instead of properly covering Trump during certain points.

Now your side is doing it.

James
 Rep: 643 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

A lot of republicans are wanting him to run, and he's smart and more moderate than most conservatives, but I'm not sure he has "it." I still think Haley will be a force to be reckoned with. I'd only get behind a populist if I ever voted Republican. The Vance/Carlson (whatever you think about him) wing are a burgeoning movement with Republicans with their anti corporatist views. Traditional/W. Bush conservatives hate them, so that's a good sign. Tucker is more in line with Elizabeth Warren than most Democrats are.

I really like Crenshaw but he's dealing with major eye issues now. He's had another eye surgery that's left him blind for the next month.

It’ll be fun watching anyone reasonable crash and burn because the Trump contingent still exists.

No offense but in a nutshell this is what's wrong with our country.

The slow but quickening collapse of the US is pushed as "fun".

Entertainment.


He’s still participating in the political climate.

He's been banned across all social media platforms. He's not currently on one of his crazy rally tours(or is he?).

It was the perfect time to end Trump world once and for all....but the media and public that claimed to loathe him won't allow us to move on from it.


I predicted this. They're going to ensure we have a shot at Biden vs Trump 2: Idiotic Boogaloo.

I have doubts he'd even run but the media and all his haters are gonna do everything they can to make it happen.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB