You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

A lot of republicans are wanting him to run, and he's smart and more moderate than most conservatives, but I'm not sure he has "it." I still think Haley will be a force to be reckoned with. I'd only get behind a populist if I ever voted Republican. The Vance/Carlson (whatever you think about him) wing are a burgeoning movement with Republicans with their anti corporatist views. Traditional/W. Bush conservatives hate them, so that's a good sign. Tucker is more in line with Elizabeth Warren than most Democrats are.

The problem with media sort of candidates like Tucker Carlson is that I have no idea what his real thoughts are on things.  I mean he might be just saying shit for ratings or entertainment purposes.  I think he's smarter than the stuff he peddles.

The problem Haley has is she is a woman AND a minority running in the Republican Party.

James wrote:

It appears Marjorie Taylor Green is creating an openly white supremacist caucus in the House of Representatives.

The media is trying to turn her into the next Trump.

She had zero power and influence until the media gave it to her. In a normal world, she would've been mocked week one and then ignored completely on the national level. She would've lost reelection.

Thanks to the media...she's a rising star. That's exactly what they want.

I can't stand her or that imbecile from Colorado. CNN really wants her to be another Trump.

I'm calling it now....one of those two becomes Senator in the next election.

Those two are just freaking clowns.  I have zero respect for them at all.  Just fucking embarrassments.  Some of these congresspersons don't even want to understand or know the legislative process or how to help their constituents in the district they represent.  That's the awful part.  I don't really care if you make a fool of yourself as long as you bring home the bacon and pork to your district that's fine.  Those things provide jobs or address issues in the community/whatever.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think.you underestimate Haley's popularity. There's a good chance the Republican ticket is DeSantis and Haley.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think.you underestimate Haley's popularity. There's a good chance the Republican ticket is DeSantis and Haley.

Desantis is extremely popular...Haley is not...IDs been talking about her for years. Not sure why the obsession.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

DeSantis never went against trump, Haley did. That will haunt her lol

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Desantis is extremely popular...Haley is not...IDs been talking about her for years. Not sure why the obsession.

Dude, fuck off. Seriously. If we're talking about potential Republican candidates for President she's always been mentioned. You need to deal with your Trump obsession before you start that shit.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, fuck off. Seriously. If we're talking about potential Republican candidates for President she's always been mentioned. You need to deal with your Trump obsession before you start that shit.

She'll totally run. Primaries tend to be 8-12 people, she's one of them. Will she last?  Dunno, tough to say. Her state, SC, is one of the earlier states, which helps, I think it goes Iowa, NH, SC. So if she had a strong Iowa showing, skips NH & takes SC its a solid chance.  Too early to really say who the frontrunners are, but yes she's running for Prez.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

She'll totally run. Primaries tend to be 8-12 people, she's one of them. Will she last?  Dunno, tough to say. Her state, SC, is one of the earlier states, which helps, I think it goes Iowa, NH, SC. So if she had a strong Iowa showing, skips NH & takes SC its a solid chance.  Too early to really say who the frontrunners are, but yes she's running for Prez.

I didn’t say she wasn’t...but she’s not a front runner...not even close.

Republican men and/or Trump supporters will not vote for a woman. Period.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just read this. Holy shit..........

BREAKING: Judge in Chauvin trial just told defense that Democrat Maxine Waters "may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned."

Waters urged protesters to stay in streets & "get more confrontational" if Chauvin is found not guilty.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just read this. Holy shit..........

BREAKING: Judge in Chauvin trial just told defense that Democrat Maxine Waters "may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned."

Waters urged protesters to stay in streets & "get more confrontational" if Chauvin is found not guilty.

How does she still have a job in government? She is a total embarrassment to our country

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe he's ahead of the curve.

I assume some of you guys remember when I predicted Palin would be McCain's VP months before most people even knew who she was.

Republican men and/or Trump supporters will not vote for a woman. Period.

Had Palin kept her mouth shut and had better handlers, she could've potentially been president in 2016.... maybe even 2012 under the right conditions.

Conservatives were in the process of turning her into a Reagan figure of the 21st century until she fucked it all up in the leadup to the election.

I get what you're saying and in general I agree but there are situations where the right will fall in line behind a woman.

We know because we saw it happening in summer/fall 2008.

The rise of another Palin would create mass chaos. The left would go ape shit. It would also force their hand into picking a woman. With Kamala not very likeable or electable, it lessens the playing field dramatically.

Board footer