You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Current Events Thread

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Republican men and/or Trump supporters will not vote for a woman. Period.

That and at points she sounds reasonable and sane.  If the Trump electorate is still a huge block of the Repbulican primary voters then she aint crazy enough for them.  Plus the woman thing.  I mean she needs to get out of the primary but she needs to appeal to this block and she already has several things going against her.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haley is more of a war hawk than DeSantis. Haley probably is a bigger fan of the military industrial complex.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The problem with media sort of candidates like Tucker Carlson is that I have no idea what his real thoughts are on things.  I mean he might be just saying shit for ratings or entertainment purposes.  I think he's smarter than the stuff he peddles.

It's literally for entertainment purposes only.

While I hadn't watched Fox News heavily since the early 2000s, that info turned me off to it completely.

When Fox was being sued for various shit said by Hannity, Tucker, etc. Fox admitted it wasn't meant to be real news(which is a tad ironic), for entertainment purposes only, and no one in their right mind would believe what is being said on the shows.

How this info didn't destroy their careers and kill off Fox News shows in a nutshell how fucked up this country is.

Before SG responds with "But CNN lies too!....

Yes they do. So does MSNBC. However, nothing those two outlets have done comes close to the insanity of admitting your show isn't news but propaganda disguised as entertainment.

Last week's admission by CNN that they played up Covid for ratings and to make Trump look bad is getting awfully damn close though.

I want all these media outlets regulated again.

No lies...only news. The panels of talking heads needs to be limited to a set amount of hours a week. You also have to give equal time to both sides.

I think he's smarter than the stuff he peddles.

He's an elitist...heir to the Swanson foods fortune....who plays a character on TV that relates to the common man. Millions of people fall for it. Apparently like Trump, he's mocked the idiocy of his own followers in private.

These people are despicable and insidious.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Chauvin guilty on all 3 counts...

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Kyle Rittenhouse might not sleep well tonight

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why? Totally different situation

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

it sets a new potential precedent...if a white cop can't get away with it...how come some kid who obtained a gun illegally?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

it sets a new potential precedent...if a white cop can't get away with it...how come some kid who obtained a gun illegally?

Self defense. Not murder.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Self defense. Not murder.

Bill shit....he was somewhere he shouldn’t be with a gun he shouldn’t have had...he drove to a different state to provoke an issue.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haley is more of a war hawk than DeSantis. Haley probably is a bigger fan of the military industrial complex.

What exactly is the GOP stand on this?  Less on defense spending and intervening in wars and shit or more military hawkishness?

James wrote:

The problem with media sort of candidates like Tucker Carlson is that I have no idea what his real thoughts are on things.  I mean he might be just saying shit for ratings or entertainment purposes.  I think he's smarter than the stuff he peddles.

It's literally for entertainment purposes only.

While I hadn't watched Fox News heavily since the early 2000s, that info turned me off to it completely.

When Fox was being sued for various shit said by Hannity, Tucker, etc. Fox admitted it wasn't meant to be real news(which is a tad ironic), for entertainment purposes only, and no one in their right mind would believe what is being said on the shows.

How this info didn't destroy their careers and kill off Fox News shows in a nutshell how fucked up this country is.

Before SG responds with "But CNN lies too!....

Yes they do. So does MSNBC. However, nothing those two outlets have done comes close to the insanity of admitting your show isn't news but propaganda disguised as entertainment.

Last week's admission by CNN that they played up Covid for ratings and to make Trump look bad is getting awfully damn close though.

I want all these media outlets regulated again.

No lies...only news. The panels of talking heads needs to be limited to a set amount of hours a week. You also have to give equal time to both sides.

I think he's smarter than the stuff he peddles.

He's an elitist...heir to the Swanson foods fortune....who plays a character on TV that relates to the common man. Millions of people fall for it. Apparently like Trump, he's mocked the idiocy of his own followers in private.

These people are despicable and insidious.

The problem on a larger scale is that these people just need to report the news and deliver facts.  I don't mind if you have one or two of these opinion shows but fuck when almost every news show is skewed with the anchor's opinions, I mean what happened to these people being neutral or objective.  Try watching the BBC or whatever.  There's very little opinion and just the simple matter of fact delivery of news stories.  And to be honest, if I wanted slanted opinon types I'd go online.

I disagree on giving both sides equal time.  If one side is peddling false shit, then NO you don't need to give them airtime.  No real time was needed to give the Dems their defund the police thing or the Republicans lie about election fraud.  That's one of the big problems  really.  It just helps one side spin and obfuscate.

As far as Carlson is concerned, I'm shocked he's still relevant given how Jon Stewart fucking nuked him on live tv in 2003.

Board footer