You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Covid 19

bigbri wrote:

One dude in the trial got the same thing. He lived.

In these women, it is not birth control. Only one was on it at the time. There goes my theory.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

In these women, it is not birth control. Only one was on it at the time. There goes my theory.

Did any of them have Covid already? We know of 7. They fear there is a lot more and they just haven’t connected the dots. Astra is a shit vaccine. WOULD NOT TAKE. Pfizer and Moderna are the 2 best it seems.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

The risk incurred when you contract Covid still seems to be way way way worse than the risk incurred when you have any of these vaccines:

Covid Risks: death (small percentilte but still in the 0.001% - 2% depending on your age and health), loss of smell and taste (a lot more common but many of all different ages and health have had it and still have these issues a year later), other health complications (these range from neurological all the way to general longstanding fatigue). On top of that, chances of long term immunity are much lower

Astra or J&J Vaccines: 1 in millions chances of developing a blood clot issue (0.0000001%, sadly some of those incidents will be fatal), much high chance of reliable Covid immunity, maybe a few days of feeling sick.

Only downside of the latter is you actively choose to have the vaccine whereas you could theoretically dodge Covid.

Beyond all of that having one of these vaccines is really not about protecting yourself. It's really about protecting others, it's a really communal thing - you are cutting off possible pathways of transmission and therefore mutation, overtime leading to this virus just dying out. If folk don't take vaccines this thing just keeps transmitting and mutating and eventually rendering the vaccines that have been developed useless and then the world is back to square one or worse. Sure, you would expect later mutations to eventually be less dangerous, but there is no guarantee and in the meantime it just rips through people.

AZ is not a shit vaccine. It was developed with the sole purpose of being produced and sold at cost, it sadly has some side effects, hopefully later versions of it that they develop won't have it. A vaccine that is produced and sold at cost is fanastic. A vaccine that is one shot and can be stored at normal fridge temperatures is also fanastic. For getting the world out of this mess, poorer countries and remote places will need these vaccines. They aren't shit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think the confusion started because the pill can give women blood clots (a higher risk than the actual vaccine) and some people were just throwing some hypothesis around about a possible connection. Since it's designed as one dose over two, you'd think it'd have different side effects/risks. Like any vaccine, even the flu vaccine, you just don't know how your body will respond.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Im not a spring chicken anymore.  The fears of my drug fueled youth came true...my body is breaking down as I stare down the barrel of 50.

Im not looking forward to rolling the dice on either one... regardless of what the exact statistics are for each path you travel.

There are currently young and old people in cemeteries and urns who wound up there days/weeks after getting sick or getting a shot.

I'm sure they'd all like a do over on their decision.... whichever it was.

You've been very open about your past with drug use. I was just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing what it's doing to you in old age. I don't want to pry into your privacy but I assume you're an open book based on the things you've posted here over the years.

Breathing problems... asthma of course along with decades of smoking cigs, weed in my teens-late 20s, and also smoked some hash, opium, and oxy

Major back pain

Haven't got an actual diagnosis but pretty sure I have neuropathy in my legs and also have that feeling in my hands occasionally

Arthritis

Acid reflux issues likely made worse by all the drugs going down my throat. In 2013 I had to get a minor procedure done to fix a small tear.

A fatty/enlarged liver along with any damage from all the acetaminophen

High cholesterol due to the drug addicts diet

Urinary tract issues

My hearing is getting worse.

Like Pasnow said, your body generally starts breaking down in your 40s and my lifestyle made it worse than it should've been.

Im probably a perfect candidate to potentially die from either option I choose.

Im not some loony antivaxxer screaming about the vaccine being the mark of the beast.

You wanna get 10 Covid shots and blow the doctor to get to the front of the line? Be my guest.

Im just in no rush to get something that may kill me and I don't give a fuck what media outlets that push big pharma in general are telling me to do.

The fact they intentionally bury stories about vaccine deaths is a red flag. People can potentially die from any vaccine...let the stories out.

I'll more than likely get the shot at some point....but it won't be peer pressure, the media, family, or twittering SJW zombies forcing me to do it.

I'll do it on my own timescale.... probably when the parks open this summer.

Even when you get the shot, it doesn't change anything. You still have to wear masks, gloves, social distance, and drumroll please....

You can still get sick.

In other words, I'll be risking my life to take a shot for something that could still kill me after I take it.

Great choices....

I think it’s time you admit that many of your ailments may have come during your 16 year NFL career. lol

I hope when you do receive the vaccine that your issues stay minor if any. I got something called Co-vid arm which was this non-painful, non-itchy ugly rash that went down my whole arm to my wrist. Never really got an explanation for it. But it was gone in a week.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think it’s time you admit that many of your ailments may have come during your 16 year NFL career. lol

I hope when you do receive the vaccine that your issues stay minor if any. I got something called Co-vid arm which was this non-painful, non-itchy ugly rash that went down my whole arm to my wrist. Never really got an explanation for it. But it was gone in a week.

Funny, I think I sorta mixed things up with Communist China who was from Buffalo & a Bills fan, but it was also way back in 2004 when I began posting on HTGTH, so James Lofton was a more recent retiree. Anyway I just assumed it was a corny handle James chose at some point, maybe even tracing back into the 90s, kinda like Jerry Rice or Dan Marino. Anyway it was a few years later when I learned that was actually his real name. Always thought it was a peculiar username handle to a nondescript WR for some reason.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was actually one of the reasons I just went ahead and used it. Ever since I was a little kid, whenever someone heard my name....

Oh...like the football player...

Once I entered my late 20s I heard it less to the point no one says it anymore. Most people today have no idea who he is. Generations have grown up since he retired.

Yeah CC the hardcore Bills fan but I liked them back then too. Thought it was funny when he signed with them. Would've been even funnier if he had signed with the Bears after leaving the Bills.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

when I began posting on HTGTH, so James Lofton was a more recent retiree. Anyway I just assumed it was a corny handle James chose at some point, maybe even tracing back into the 90s, kinda like Jerry Rice or Dan Marino. Anyway it was a few years later when I learned that was actually his real name. Always thought it was a peculiar username handle to a nondescript WR for some reason.

Uh, he made the HOF in 2003.

Anyway, got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine.  Arm stiffness and achiness and some slight fatigue.  I did get a good chuckle on of the main ingredients in the vaccine was something used in a laxative/colonscopy prep.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

What happened to Communist China, didn’t they post here?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. Sore arm both times, no other side effects. So happy about that!

Board footer