You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

Re: Posters who vanished long ago....

AgesOfTheIce wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They sort of make it hard to be a fan to be honest.

There's the lack of new content, or for that matter re-issues of half the old content, the ongoing and eternal general silence, the paranoid secrecy, the way anything that does happen always seems to be plagued by amateur problems despite them being one of the largest acts of all time, and the way that when they do interact with the media or fans at all they come off ungrateful, bitter, cynical,  and if we're actually honest about it hostile and patronising to fans.

Not only don't they respect us, they loathe us and it's pretty obvious.

I get fame is tedious and a lot of fans are demanding and don't respect the artists either - but their attitude to everything is just lamentable.

It was easier to tolerate the negative behaviours when they delivered a once in a generation experience of excellence in between, at this stage it's like the attitude problem is writing checks that their product can't cash.

We're supposed to put up with no end of bad things because of the art and they're artists, yet the art always seems to suffer the most - where even is it anymore?

Ok this is a rant, suffice to say - Axl is my favourite songwriter, he and Slash together was a pairing for the ages and in their prime one of the greatest acts of all time. But they hate us and they don't care. And we know. It's sad really.

Team Brazil hates us for sure. As for the band themselves, well as the saying goes, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Edit

Another guy I really liked was superMike. He was really active at HTGTH, joined us at ROV and here, but rarely posted to the point he was like a noob and no one really knew him.

He was a huge horror fanatic.

James, don't know what motivated me to login here but was thinking about my GNR brothers and sisters and haven't forgotten about you all. So sorry I've become a stranger, a lot of highs and lows in my personal life, especially the last 10 years and today I'm just trying to keep  myself on a straight path while this world's going to hell in a hand basket. Music, guitar and horror movies are still a passion of mine and was very fortunate to see G n' R live 2016.

And James, as for posters I remember very well besides you and DTJ, are SLC Punk, D, a poster on the HTGTH from Ecuador and huge fan of Queen (funny guy, can't remember his username though). Remember  Chelle from HTGTH? She was hot and fun to talk to on forums. Remember Mel from Australia on HTGTH as well? God, the 2000s compared to now look like the '80s don't it?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

God, the 2000s compared to now look like the '80s don't it?

I hate the world we now live in. This isn't what the 21st century was supposed to be.

When watching old footage, it feels like a completely different world.

We're in the early stages of a big tech dystopia mind melding with an Idiocracy....with a signpost up ahead that says runaway climate change fast approaching.

What's there to like?

99% of the media I consume is from the 20th century. Music.... movies....TV shows. When not checking up on news on such sites as Reddit, I'm either here, lurking at an old school wrestling forum, or reading old articles.

I don't remember Mel but you posted in the off topic sections there a lot more than I did.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Edit

Another guy I really liked was superMike. He was really active at HTGTH, joined us at ROV and here, but rarely posted to the point he was like a noob and no one really knew him.

He was a huge horror fanatic.

James, don't know what motivated me to login here but was thinking about my GNR brothers and sisters and haven't forgotten about you all. So sorry I've become a stranger, a lot of highs and lows in my personal life, especially the last 10 years and today I'm just trying to keep  myself on a straight path while this world's going to hell in a hand basket. Music, guitar and horror movies are still a passion of mine and was very fortunate to see G n' R live 2016.

And James, as for posters I remember very well besides you and DTJ, are SLC Punk, D, a poster on the HTGTH from Ecuador and huge fan of Queen (funny guy, can't remember his username though). Remember  Chelle from HTGTH? She was hot and fun to talk to on forums. Remember Mel from Australia on HTGTH as well? God, the 2000s compared to now look like the '80s don't it?

Did you miss the madness of Summer and Fall 2019? If yes, you need a PM.

James

James wrote:

A trip down memory lane....

largerovpicsignn1.jpg

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James wrote:

The good old days.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Oh wow what a blast from the past...

I had a profile pic on that site that I’ve never been able to get back. It was axl on that huge guy’s back with slash and duff flanking.

I wish i could just peruse the last threads there. What a time capsule.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Ah that brings back memories. That long Halloween (2007) thread, an exciting time to be a Halloween fan back then.

James

James wrote:

Yeah that was a classic....the highlight being the fact Rob Zombie himself lurked at ROV just to read it.

He kept tabs on it for various reasons....the main one being he worried we were going to leak the script and months later, worried we were going to leak the work print.

Laura and I had both before they leaked publicly....she had a friend in the industry who gave her work prints...and Zombie knew it.

He never posted on ROV...just lurked...but I did talk to him a few times on our Myspace account.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mike wrote:
James wrote:

Ah that brings back memories. That long Halloween (2007) thread, an exciting time to be a Halloween fan back then.

I can’t get the thread to load. Just the header.

Board footer