You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Covid 19

Neemo wrote:

As far as I know the team will migrate to USA to compete and then isolate upon return...but I'm not really following it TBH

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Getting my first shot next week!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Had mine on Saturday. Got given Pfizer, wasn't offered a choice but I'd have probably gone for that even if I was.

Had an aching arm for 36 hours after but other than that all good.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wish you well Axl S. Wasn't bad for me, like APE I had a sore arm, but worse than I assumed it would be. Felt really good tho the week after, like super immunity or something. Drink a bit of water leading up to it.

Mostly, life stayed the same for a couple weeks after, still felt unsure but now a month or so later (plus summer/warmer weather) I'm feeling more confident & safe about things. Still wear the mask in the grocery store but outside feel ok.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think Scomo stood back and thought “fuck we won’t get involved at a Federal level we will leave it to the states, that way when things fuck up the state Premiers will get the blame but not us”. But it seems like that is finally backfiring and people are blaming this latest outbreak on the Federal govt.

Covid has shown the world that our governments are incompetent and incapable of handling a major crisis like this.

A 'black swan' event of some sort will cripple the West.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Wish you well Axl S. Wasn't bad for me, like APE I had a sore arm, but worse than I assumed it would be. Felt really good tho the week after, like super immunity or something. Drink a bit of water leading up to it.

Mostly, life stayed the same for a couple weeks after, still felt unsure but now a month or so later (plus summer/warmer weather) I'm feeling more confident & safe about things. Still wear the mask in the grocery store but outside feel ok.

Thanks dude, I personally hate needles but am looking forward to getting this done and over with.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Despite my bitching I managed to get a second shot today.

Very happy to be on the road to getting things normal, can't really rest until the rest of my family is eligible though. But it's a happy start.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Despite my bitching I managed to get a second shot today.

Very happy to be on the road to getting things normal, can't really rest until the rest of my family is eligible though. But it's a happy start.

Things are really starting to reopen here. Aside from supermarkets/grocery stores, no one really wears masks much & all is reopening. People still work from home alot, but it really went from 0-100. One thing thats a bit skeevy for me, is being indoors or among crowds again. I went down the shore & walked the boardwalk & it was a bit of a challenge, I spent a year alone & hardly seeing anyone, my antibodies for anything are quite virgin, I could tell my body/nose was having a challenge keeping up with regular old germs & people hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah it's really opening up here in Cali. Shit tons of people aren't wearing masks anymore.

It's over.

If one of these variants blows up here, TPTB are just gonna have to pull an Obama and swine flu it away because the American people are not going back to lockdown mode.

I have an appointment to get my shot next week. After that....I'm done with the whole thing. It's old. Sick of hearing about it.

I saw where now that the plebs are running out of things to argue about Covid wise, a new angle has popped up. They already named it on Reddit....

"Vaccine elitism".

It's where everyone argues about how the vaccine they got is the best one and you shame others for their inferior dose.

Making the rounds on social media where it will quickly spread....and the media is going to fan the flames.

Already announced that at the Springsteen concert, Astrazeneca people aren't allowed.

Clown world.

Like I said....this shit has to end.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James wrote:

Already announced that at the Springsteen concert, Astrazeneca people aren't allowed.

Clown world.

Yeah that's really insane.

Like the issue with the AZ vax is the saftey to the person who takes it - in that in some people it creates bloodclots - but in terms of covid prevention it's still very effective.

Will the same logic ban moderna people for being "only" 94.5% covered compared to pfizers 95.0% ???? 16 Where does it end?

Different situation here because vaccines are in short supply - so the government chooses for us.

Like they bought enough AZ for all of us, and only fractional doses of the rest. Then they found out that they can't safely give AZ to young/middleaged people without a gamble on the clotting.

So now here it's like:

Over 50? You can have either nothing or Astrazeneca.
Over 40 but under 50? You are forbidden from having AZ. But You can have pfizer - but we've run out of first doses so hopefully you already had some or get lucky and call on a day they found some lying around.
Under 40? Wait your turn unless you already have cancer etc. If there's no pfizer to be found and you're really at high risk - you can apply for permission to have the AZ vax but it's on your own head if you get clots.
There's no J+J vax at all, and don't worry guys - we ordered some moderna...expecting it to come maybe end of 2021 or 2022....maybe y'all could like just not get covid till then k?

It's hard to imagine how they could have screwed up the roll out any harder.

Board footer