You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 51 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

FlashFlood wrote:

Legitimately forget if there was a version of this before the album. Not sure if it was part of Skewrl or some other leak.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m kind of shocked Axl left Bucket’s solo (which is fantastic). I do wonder what the science was (or lack thereof) of which Bucket solos got re-recorded and which didn’t.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

mitchejw wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Legitimately forget if there was a version of this before the album. Not sure if it was part of Skewrl or some other leak.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m kind of shocked Axl left Bucket’s solo (which is fantastic). I do wonder what the science was (or lack thereof) of which Bucket solos got re-recorded and which didn’t.

I’m not aware of a pre-album version I would love to hear it. I did enjoy this one seems like a bit more than others around he did. Does anyone know if they’ve ever played this song live? I’m just curious how it will translate.

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

Sky Dog wrote:

Yes, they played it live. It’s a bluesy solo so Slash was fine on it.

I like the song except for “I’ll kick your ass” line.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

James wrote:

The instrumental version is from the Village Sessions leak.

I'm not sure if it should even be classified as GNR as it's fairly obvious it's the Giant Robot guys doing it.

It destroys the album version and I prefer it even though it has no vocals. It has an existential vibe to it that has been neutered on the album version.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 2 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

I've always loved the lyrics to this one. Yes they are rather "immature" but they are honest and dripping with venom. Axl's honesty is his strongpoint as a songwriter. I don't detect much difference in the demo, but the melancholy little intro they added live 2009-2014 (I haven't heard a NITL version, so I don't know if it's still there or not) is great.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 88 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

James wrote:

The instrumental version is from the Village Sessions leak.

I'm not sure if it should even be classified as GNR as it's fairly obvious it's the Giant Robot guys doing it.

It destroys the album version and I prefer it even though it has no vocals. It has an existential vibe to it that has been neutered on the album version.

Fortunately, it's very easy to pull the Rock Band isolated vocal and plop it on top of the instrumental demo.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 29 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

jimmythegent wrote:

One of the the highlights. Mix wise, its nice to be able to hear different instruments and ideas. Puerile lyrics aside, its one of the best Axl moments on the record where he sounds like Axl Rose of old. As for the solo - contender for solo of the album. Beautifully nuanced BH solo that harks back to Slash on the Illusion albums...

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 0 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

davegnfnr2k wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Legitimately forget if there was a version of this before the album. Not sure if it was part of Skewrl or some other leak.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m kind of shocked Axl left Bucket’s solo (which is fantastic). I do wonder what the science was (or lack thereof) of which Bucket solos got re-recorded and which didn’t.

My guess is the songs he wrote they kept most of stuff where as the stuff he didn't they redid.  Didn't they keep most of his solos? The only one I can think that got replaced was Riad. And that was by far his weakness solo from CD.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Legitimately forget if there was a version of this before the album. Not sure if it was part of Skewrl or some other leak.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m kind of shocked Axl left Bucket’s solo (which is fantastic). I do wonder what the science was (or lack thereof) of which Bucket solos got re-recorded and which didn’t.

My guess is the songs he wrote they kept most of stuff where as the stuff he didn't they redid.  Didn't they keep most of his solos? The only one I can think that got replaced was Riad. And that was by far his weakness solo from CD.

His solo and that Praxis style outro gave the song the ingredients it was missing.

It's serviceable on disc 1 as is but feels a tad hollow without him.

He never should've been removed at all from anything. He did exactly what he was supposed to do...and his contributions...even when in the role of stunt player adding to an already finished song... do not sound abrasive and aren't oddly pasted in like they did with Bumble.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 0 

Re: Wtf happened to…Sorry

davegnfnr2k wrote:
James wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Legitimately forget if there was a version of this before the album. Not sure if it was part of Skewrl or some other leak.

Only thing I’ll say is I’m kind of shocked Axl left Bucket’s solo (which is fantastic). I do wonder what the science was (or lack thereof) of which Bucket solos got re-recorded and which didn’t.

My guess is the songs he wrote they kept most of stuff where as the stuff he didn't they redid.  Didn't they keep most of his solos? The only one I can think that got replaced was Riad. And that was by far his weakness solo from CD.

His solo and that Praxis style outro gave the song the ingredients it was missing.

It's serviceable on disc 1 as is but feels a tad hollow without him.

He never should've been removed at all from anything. He did exactly what he was supposed to do...and his contributions...even when in the role of stunt player adding to an already finished song... do not sound abrasive and aren't oddly pasted in like they did with Bumble.

check your DM

The reason why BHs stuff doesn't sound pasted is because it wasn't lol. Unlike BBF where he just pasted his parts over the song or just lifted out some of BHs stuff and replaced.

BBF added nothing to the album outside of Shacklers.      I am still curious if there is another version of shackles with BH besides the demo on the lock discsl

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB