You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Comerica Park - Detroit MI 08/08/21

exoterica wrote:

Civil War is Axl’s first spotty performance. Band sounded pretty good.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Band seems to have their mojo back indeed. Slash in particular is sounding on form this tour...

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Big cheers from the crowd during SCOM. NR incoming.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Fortus with a killer Knockin solo. That Caraibes guy gonna be psyched.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

Yeah no Hard School tonight Axl was tapped out at the end of Nightrain. Looks to be patience and paradise to close.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

A friend thinks they had Oh My God lyrics on the AFD cross video board during YCBM. Can you guys compare to other shows?

I've not been able to find a stream of tonight yet, but that sounds like an interesting development.

LlamaRenegade
 Rep: 2 

Wagszilla wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Well, looks like it's a good show but nothing eventful on the cards. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Hope they keep the good performance up for you

A friend thinks they had Oh My God lyrics on the AFD cross video board during YCBM. Can you guys compare to other shows?

From NJ, skip to 0:45.

It looks like your friend is correct, I see "thinking", "trade-off", "liars", and "veins". I wonder what this means?

Edit: The graphic was there for the two 2020 shows as well.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Has the Seeker been played this tour? The Seeker not being played is possibly the best thing to come out of this tour so far if true lol.

exoterica

exoterica wrote:

So here's the long and short of it.

I was expecting an underwhelming show but Slash and Axl absolutely kicked ass.

Slash made some minor mistakes but his solos were inspired and his notes and bends were on point. Axl was smiley, chatty, and fierce. He showed some gruffness in his voice tonight and hung in there until late in the show when he started getting fatigued.

He started to fade around "Civil War" but before that each time he made mistakes it seems like he was determined to make up for it. Some trademark Axl off-time moments too. But I wasn't expecting as much power in his voice. He Mickeyed and Kermited at times but again, he made up for it. If they recorded the video board and made some minor edits, this would definitely be worth a show releasing on Blu-Ray and all that jazz.

I tried to be as objective as possible while enjoying the show. Sometimes the bass and power of the sound made it difficult to hear Axl with as much detail as I like.

TL;DR: That's about as good of a show you're gonna see from GN'R in 2021 barring new music and all new setlist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
LlamaRenegade wrote:

It looks like your friend is correct, I see "thinking", "trade-off", "liars", and "veins". I wonder what this means?

Very interesting...suggests OMG may return to the setlist one day I suspect if they've made reunion graphics for it.

Board footer