You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Taliban control of Afghanistan on the 20th Anniversary of 9/11

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, this was his call. It was his decision. He said this wouldn't happen. And now with one of the biggest foreign policy disasters in my lifetime, he's on vacation and won't answer any questions.

You measure this In hours…whatever we did for damn near decades was all foiled in a few days…for real?!

I guess we just didn’t spend enough money

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, this was his call. It was his decision. He said this wouldn't happen. And now with one of the biggest foreign policy disasters in my lifetime, he's on vacation and won't answer any questions.

You measure this In hours…whatever we did for damn near decades was all foiled in a few days…for real?!

I guess we just didn’t spend enough money

That's not what I'm discussing. We needed to get out, and getting out wasn't going to be pretty. It was always how we were going to get out. Biden's plan is a catastrophic failure no one could have imagined... Though Harris is also saying she advised him on this, the buck stops with Joe. Veterans, including Crenshaw, were begging to get out our allies who helped us and bring them here. We deserted them. The generals wanted him to wait while they negotiated an exit. He said no. We handed over military tech worth billions to our enemies. We could have gotten women and girls out. We didn't. He took away their logistics, leaving them completely vulnerable. This is happening now. Right now. Not 15 years ago.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes, in a different thread about this exact topic.

Focus on whatever you want. The topic right now is the Taliban just took over Afghanistan because of one of the most spectacular failures of an American president ever.

Lol bc of a president? Let’s focus on that but NOT the last 15 plus years and a TERRIBLE return on a horrible investment.

Mitch if trump was the president right now, he'd rightly be thrown under the bus by western politicians and media.

Biden is in charge, doesn't mater what Trump did or didn't right now.

As for the "terrible return", this wasn't Iraq. Do you not remember the circumstances that brought about the Afghanistan war?

Fair enough on your point about that person in charge bears the burden…

But let’s be real about the situation…we didn’t succeeded on our goals here and the president in 2021 is not responsible for the worst allocation of resources over the past 15 years.

It took hours to overthrow something we spent 15 working on…talk about government overreach…just how many made money off of this ‘campaign’. I’m sure the military industrial complex will take the blame…yea right

‘Feed us more’….’never criticize us’…’we’re the best Americans’…

This is all I’ve heard from these people since I’ve been of age to vote.

Well I’m here to say you haven’t done shit. 20 years of the biggest government giveaway hidden by the guise that they were actually doing something…

Mostly just waiting around until their government giveaways kick in

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No one is blaming Joe for the war. I'm blaming him for this catastrophic exit and surrender.

Just read this:

@RobbieGramer

Ronald Neumann, the former US ambassador to Afghanistan, told me: “There’s a difference between the Biden decision to leave, and the Biden execution of the decision. The decision to leave is arguably justifiable. The execution of that decision is a lamentable disaster.”

It's also just come out that Biden refused to allow maintenance crews in to help the Afghan air force, which grounded the jets and denied them their greatest advantage.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

No one is blaming Joe for the war. I'm blaming him for this catastrophic exit and surrender.

Just read this:

@RobbieGramer

Ronald Neumann, the former US ambassador to Afghanistan, told me: “There’s a difference between the Biden decision to leave, and the Biden execution of the decision. The decision to leave is arguably justifiable. The execution of that decision is a lamentable disaster.”

It's also just come out that Biden refused to allow maintenance crews in to help the Afghan air force, which grounded the jets and denied them their greatest advantage.

The Afghan government was incentivized to bilk this outcome.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

And the Afghani government officially fell. Yea, this is the biggest foreign relations disaster in decades.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just read this:

@RobbieGramer

That's right everyone...after over 15 years of being in Afghanistan....they still couldn't figure out how to build a runway....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just read this:

@RobbieGramer

That's right everyone...after over 15 years of being in Afghanistan....they still couldn't figure out how to build a runway....

Why are you so antagonistic on this. Yes, every President since Obama has run on the idea of getting out of Afghanistan. Biden attempted to do it. This is a major fucking deal for our foreign policy. Pakistan and Turkey have already started the orders to arrive. It’s a colossal failure for the United States.

Biden said the Afghani’s were ready. He stated the Taliban wouldn’t gain control. The American Embassy just lowered the flag an hour ago. That’s the sign the US no longer recognizes the Afghani government.

A lot of decisions are going to need to be made. The most important of which is what do we do militarily. If the US can no longer support the Afghani government, and it appears we just threw in that towel, I don’t see any point in wasting American lives and resources. I doubt our communication systems and crypto were left in the abandoned equipment, so the risk of threat to the US at this moment seems minimal.  Let Pakistan do in the open what it’s been doing for 20 years. Let Iran, China and Russia worry about it.

Others will feel differently and I’d like to hear those opinions. But why you can’t acknowledge that Biden fucked up here, and seem antagonistic toward anyone expressing that view, is beyond my ken.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just read this:

@RobbieGramer

Why are you so antagonistic on this. Yes, every President since Obama has run on the idea of getting out of Afghanistan. Biden attempted to do it. This is a major fucking deal for our foreign policy. Pakistan and Turkey have already started the orders to arrive. It’s a colossal failure for the United States.

Biden said the Afghani’s were ready. He stated the Taliban wouldn’t gain control. The American Embassy just lowered the flag an hour ago. That’s the sign the US no longer recognizes the Afghani government.

A lot of decisions are going to need to be made. The most important of which is what do we do militarily. If the US can no longer support the Afghani government, and it appears we just threw in that towel, I don’t see any point in wasting American lives and resources. I doubt our communication systems and crypto were left in the abandoned equipment, so the risk of threat to the US at this moment seems minimal.  Let Pakistan do in the open what it’s been doing for 20 years. Let Iran, China and Russia worry about it.

Others will feel differently and I’d like to hear those opinions. But why you can’t acknowledge that Biden fucked up here, and seem antagonistic toward anyone expressing that view, is beyond my ken.

My God....his statements.

That will play on a loop in ads during his reelection campaign.

It's Saigon all over again.... maybe worse.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

What a clusterfuck. Not much more needs to be said. This is going to be analysed for years to come.

Fuck up starts with how Trump sets this in motion, giving up so much for the optics of being seen to do something and getting so little in return.

Having Baradar released in 2018 without some guarantees. Stupid.
Signing that agreement in 2020, without also having some sort of power-sharing agreement negotiated and signed at the same time. Also, stupid.
Biden inheriting this hand and then handling the exit in such a rushed, disorganised manner. Extra stupid

Board footer