You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Nightmares By The Sea - Jeff Buckley

This is my favorite song on the Sketches album, wish he was able to finish it and do more albums.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Haters Gonna Hate wrote:

Nightmares By The Sea - Jeff Buckley

This is my favorite song on the Sketches album, wish he was able to finish it and do more albums.

I don't like how this got a release.

Some of his close friends said years ago that he never would've wanted any of that stuff being released.

On the other hand, there was no other way for fans to hear any more of his material....and also no other way for his family to make money.

His debut album was not a huge seller....and he's only known for 3 things....

Tim Buckley's kid

Hallelujah

Dying young

So it limits how much his estate can do.

I wasn't really into him back then. Started to appreciate him when I got older...and I realized what a huge loss it really was.

He was just getting started.

Mojo Pin is epic.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

Ah I was not aware about the controversy of the release. I could see him not wanting it to be released it is not finished and a lot of the 2nd disc is just him with a 4 track recorder. He did play a lot of these songs live, so I guess getting the demos are better than nothing, the first disc of it is pretty fleshed out. Yeah his estate was in a odd situation he only really had the sketches songs, a few covers which made it to the legacy edition of Grace, and demos of released songs which are interesting to listen to only a couple times. The You and I album they came out with had only one unheard original song and Buckley didn't like that session either.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

The first disc on Sketches has some great, close to finished sounding stuff - the second, I could imagine Jeff rolling in his grave.

He was clearly going in a different more indie rock direction.

One of the biggest losses to the music world of the last 30 years - an immeasurable talent. Grace is perfection.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Skip's Song by Robert Plant (album: Dreamland)

I'm loving this song. Heard it first last year. Going to dive into Moby Grape, and Skip Spence.

James

James wrote:

James

James wrote:

James

James wrote:

James

James wrote:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The new Night Flight Orchestra is modern-80s goodness. Tell me this isn't Tears for Fears in 2021.

Whole album.

Board footer