You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Charlie Watts Dead at 80

James wrote:

Just hit the news.   4 neutral

Edit

News link.....

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died at the age of 80.

The sad news comes weeks after Watts pulled out of the band's No Filter tour.

A spokesperson for Charlie confirmed his absence from the US shows earlier this month, revealing that the rocker needed to 'rest and recuperate' following a medical procedure.

He confirmed the operation had been 'completely successful' but said the star needed time to recover.

Watts said: "For once my timing has been a little off. I am working hard to get fully fit but I have today accepted on the advice of the experts that this will take a while."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- … g-24829731

This is fucked up. Yeah he lived a long and exciting life....but this is the end of an era.

It's also the end of the Stones.

RIP Charlie

Edit

This shows that him bowing out of the tour was much more serious than fans were led to believe.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Sad to hear this too. sad

I didn't get the impression this was on the cards so soon, I know he dropped out of the tour but he was having a procedure done - didn't think the end was this close.

James, we created two threads at the same time, could you delete mine.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Damn.  Fucking legend.  I'm seeing them October 4th in Pittsburgh.  Will be interesting to see them play with this band and at this age.

James

James wrote:

I'll be listening to the Stones all day.

They had some great videos....

I think the original Jumping Jack Flash video got removed from YouTube. That's fucked up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Fuck.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Fuck indeed. End of an era.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Damn.  Fucking legend.  I'm seeing them October 4th in Pittsburgh.  Will be interesting to see them play with this band and at this age.

I know they technically had plans to continue the tour but I have a feeling this is the end of the line.

They always said if one of the core group dies(Mick, Keith, Charlie) there is no Stones.

I guess they could turn the upcoming dates into some sort of tribute to Charlie.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Just realised that the performance of Salt of the Earth with Izzy and Axl got an official release by the band on a live album last year.

and it's available as a hi-res flac https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/steel … od1s827kza

James

James wrote:

Always loved this song. It deserved to be the lead single for a new album instead of a single pushing a compilation in the middle of a tour.

On the other hand, it was relevant for the time it was released (Gulf War).

James

James wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Just realised that the performance of Salt of the Earth with Izzy and Axl got an official release by the band on a live album last year.

I almost bought this but instead decided to wait for a future Steel Wheels box set which will probably include the Axl/Izzy performance.... along with what I really want from this time period.... unreleased demos.

They just announced earlier this week the upcoming Tattoo You deluxe edition. Definitely buying that. It's got an early reggae version of Start Me Up and their cover of Drift Away.

Board footer