You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Boar's Head

James wrote:

I do most of my shopping at Safeway and have for years. They're a bit more expensive than most grocery stores but the quality makes it worth it. Best hamburger in my area, good bakery/deli, and they have the best yogurt selection in the valley.

Anyways....

I recently noticed this brand being flooded into the deli and meat section.

https://boarshead.com/products

I decided to buy a few of their products.

Amazing.

I'm still creaming my pants over their Olive loaf. Haven't had Olive loaf this good since I was a kid. The past couple days I've been having pita pockets with Olive loaf, pickles, avocado, and mayo for lunch and a late snack.

For dinner last night I made little pizzas and used their baby Swiss instead of mozzarella. Yummy.

I also bought some kielbasa that I'll probably make either jambalaya or just fry it and make sandwiches drenched in mustard.

I also bought their cocktail frankfurters and I'm going to make pigs in a blanket with em.

Anyone else here eat Boar's Head before?

Gonna try their blackened turkey and fontina next time. If the cocktail weenies are good, gonna get the regulars too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

On yeah, very famous brand here in the south. Most stores/delis hang Boars Head logo on their signs.

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

I live on the East Coast and I always remembered Boar's Head being everywhere. I like it a good deal. I remember my middle school used to have boar's head meat for their deli option, granted the bread was always stale but at least the meat tasted good. I like the cajun turkey.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yes, Boar’s Head is great! Can’t believe it’s just now getting out there. The cheese is incredible!

James

James wrote:

I never understood why the east coast always had better brands.

It's not fair. 16

Reminds me of a few years ago I was looking up banana pudding and I saw banana pudding ice cream being sold on the east coast....peach cobbler too.

Oh well...at least Cali finally got this brand.

I wonder if people in the east say this about the west. 16

We used to have the greatest tamales ever here. They were called XLNT. I think they still make them...or they did a few years ago anyways...but they're not nearly as good as they used to be.

In my youth you could get a pack of 3 regular size tamales or 1 large one.

They also sold bricks of chili and my aunt used to make chili Verde with it.

Hey they do still have them....

635966397563792020-Xlnt-Beef-Tamale.jpg

https://www.xlntfoods.com/beef-tamales

If you see em, try em sometime.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the cajun turkey, salami and hot pepper cheese on a sub is unbelievable. my go to for a hangover the next working. get drunk, wrap it in foil, and wake up the next day to a heavenly sandwich.

James

James wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

the cajun turkey.

I saw this there. I'll buy a half pound just to try it.

I also noticed BBQ chicken breast. Weird...I've never seen BBQ chicken breast as lunch meat before.

Might try that one as well or maybe the jerk chicken.

They have an onion cheese that looks tempting. I'm not an onion lover...can't eat em raw...but I think it's caramelized onions mixed into it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Cajun is good, but I like to get smoked. Their hot dog wieners are really good, too.

James

James wrote:

Yeah they are. I had pigs in a blanket with em.

They'd be delicious BBQ. They have that nice crunch to em....and I love burning my BBQ hot dogs so it'd be a double crunch.

James

James wrote:

I got the blackened turkey breast. I didn't like it...has a weird wang to it. My dogs loved it though.

Teriyaki chicken is pretty good. I should've bought a whole pound of it.

Black forest ham was ok. I wanted Virginia ham but they were sold out.

I got smoked Gouda and that onion cheese. Didn't really like the onion cheese.

I also got another pound of olive loaf in case the turkey sucked. Glad I did.

Board footer