You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:

Everything is open save certain restaurants, shows, stuff like that. You only have to wear a mask on a ride and indoors. I honestly don't know how people did it during the summer in the Florida heat/humidity.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

212 days in lockdown in Melbourne. Not consecutive...but still...it's getting to be a lot.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At some point, they're going to have to just trust you guys to do the right thing. You can't keep people holed up in their homes, it's not healthy. And you're only going to get people to a point where they stop listening. The majority of new cases here are unvaxxed people.

I'm keeping my mask on when I'm around a crowd, the bathrooms, whenever someone gets close, which I try to avoid as much as possible. And my hand sanitizer is always with me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah, hopefully when they get our vaccination rates up we can open with some precautions.

At the moment we only have 27% fully vaccinated and there's supply issues though so it's a bit of a worry, especially cos those of us locked down are starting to go mental lol. But I'd rather be safe at home than in the ER i guess...so it is what it is until they fix it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Saw these on Reddit today.

I laughed....

a8GnbB1_460swp.webp

jktnk29r96l71.jpg?width=1440&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2eb1b158e153921c44c167c62b7ffd1370a3cc7a

James

James wrote:

This Reddit sub is a snapshot of where we are as a country....

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

It's where people on the left give the "Herman Cain award" to people on the right who mocked the virus and then wound up dying from it.

You're gonna ask, where's the sub where the right mocks the left on certain issues?

Not allowed....deleted/banned for "hate speech".

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

It's where people on the left give the "Herman Cain award" to people on the right who mocked the virus and then wound up dying from it.

You're gonna ask, where's the sub where the right mocks the left on certain issues?

Uh...well....when you take horse de-wormer instead of the vaccine...and the hydroxychloroquine shit...basically behaving like a defiant piece of shit....I think you should be made fun of....

I'm not sure what the logical retort is...what is it exactly that the right should be making fun of the left for on this topic...

Here is my response to you though...it's the right that decided that they were going to make a political point out of this and it cost them and Don boy the election. I'm not sure what type of sympathy you desire.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Uh...well....when you take horse de-wormer instead of the vaccine...and the hydroxychloroquine shit...basically behaving like a defiant piece of shit....I think you should be made fun of....

I'm not sure what the logical retort is...what is it exactly that the right should be making fun of the left for on this topic...

Here is my response to you though...it's the right that decided that they were going to make a political point out of this and it cost them and Don boy the election. I'm not sure what type of sympathy you desire.

By snapshot I meant how it shows the craziness in general...the wacky anti vax stuff along with the other sides laughter in the face of death.

I agree some of that stuff is worthy of being mocked but holy shit....how can you look at the rage and hatred being spewed and think that's ok?

No...it was both sides that instantly went political with it... from calling Trump racist for thinking about closing the border early on to saying they wouldn't trust a "Trump vaccine" and all points in between.

I don't even want to imagine the shit show had Trump won....the anti vax stuff would be even worse and just as crazy...and the death count ticker never would've went away.

Funny how that disappeared the nanosecond he lost....

But apparently it wasn't political... just a coincidence.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Can someone explain to me the actual argument for being anti-vax? I have friends in my personal life that have gone off the deep end,  I'm just not understanding their POV and I know some of u guys are in tune with this sorta thing

Ontario Canada is in the process of producing Vaccine Passports to do basically anything social... attending sport venues and concerts, going to restaurants and bars  dance clubs ... some employers are even starting to contemplate laying people off until they are vaccinated

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

There is no reason to be anti-vax.  I suspect some of the states are going to be  doing the vaccine passport thing as well.  My state will require vaccine proof for in person dining in a few weeks.

I disagree on Trump.  At least on the vaccine argument, if it had come out after he had won.  There would be not as much rancor as you would think on the left.

Look the GOP is mainly anti-science (see the current attempts at using that livestock dewormer as a cure).  As long as the vaccine was supported by the science, most of the leftists/progressives would have taken it.

Board footer