You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: 30 years of UYI

Scabbie wrote:

https://loudwire.com/metallica-secret-s … ist-video/

Or they could have done something like this.

To be fair, GN'R literally did the same thing (surprise show in a dinky venue) back at the start of the NITL tour.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

Could it be possible that the guys don't care about an anniversary? We might feel like we are untitled to all kinds of things that they have in the vault or what not but but it might just be they don't need to do everything that all other bands do.....like release a new album lol. IDK.

axlroselocke1
 Rep: 1 

But I must agree with most, about the merch. My 3 months old son just Shi t in his diaper and it looks better than these lame ass shirts they are selling.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is what happens when you put jarmo in charge of merch design. 16

You're joking but it's probably close to the truth...in the fact that the fan base is reaping the rewards of incompetent management with no legitimate experience at their job hiring others with the same level experience and who don't belong in their position.

That merch looks like it was outsourced to a child in a third world country...or the project was handed to one of the loyal minions for an extra paycheck.

It didn't cross their minds to do this competently... because as the manager admitted a couple weeks ago, has no actual experience doing anything productive.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
axlroselocke1 wrote:

Could it be possible that the guys don't care about an anniversary? We might feel like we are untitled to all kinds of things that they have in the vault or what not but but it might just be they don't need to do everything that all other bands do.....like release a new album lol. IDK.

Yes...it's more than obvious that they don't give a shit. Just the fact they don't get new management is proof of that.

From the looks of it, all they actually care about is touring revenue.

There are bands who have been broke up for decades and hate one another who are capable of releasing quality merch and box sets (Pink Floyd).

There are bands with ten times the drama of GNR who are capable of releasing quality merch and box sets (Fleetwood Mac).

The only excuse for the rollout of this shitty merch is incompetence by management and indifference by the band.

I'm not even expecting a UYI box set anymore. It's clearly not priority or it would've been mentioned the past few days.

If it comes eventually, it'll just be tossed out there willy nilly with no thought whatsoever put into it.

This band deserved so much better...or so I thought. If they don't believe that their legacy, resume, and fan base deserve any better, why should anyone else?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Saw this on YouTube, not sure if it's a new drop or if it's been doing the rounds for years:

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

If you don’t receive their emails, the official GNR mailing list just announced …

Socks.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It only took two years for Axl to okay it. Progress!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

If you don’t receive their emails, the official GNR mailing list just announced …

Socks.

LOL.  What?  There could be a gazillion other things that are more appealing to sell.  But they chose...socks?  The ineptitude never amazes me at this point.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Socks.

LOL.  What?  There could be a gazillion other things that are more appealing to sell.  But they chose...socks?  The ineptitude never amazes me at this point.

How about new music!

Board footer